Thread: Is it true?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'd say you are doing well, the rest of your guild needs to pick up the slack, I'd say I do around 20-25k average on my alts that start with 372 gear in LFR and it goes up from there, and I don't consider myself the best player ever. Hunters can still pull some pretty beastly numbers this tier if they have all the goodies (2 piece, DW weapons, trinkets, etc) but, at the end of the day, in a group of equally skilled players, hunters are not on top. In other words, if you spent 5 minutes on EJ and played one of your guildie's toons, you'd probably pull more dps than they do on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^Hunters are actually low on the DPS charts this tier FYI, around 5% under median.

Dunno what fight that frost dk but on Ultraxion I did 40k dps with an ilevel of 395. Back in Firelands I think Baleroc was around 28kish with mostly ilevel 378 gear (keep in mind 10% extra atk power buff).
    What kind of weapons is he using/could you link me his armory?
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2012-01-25 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Mentioned buff

With across-the-board low DPS like that, I would check that you have all the raid buffs/debuffs you can get from your raid's composition. Get something like RaidChecklist to help you see what buffs are possible for your composition, and RaidBuffStatus to tell which ones are actually up. If you have a shaman, maybe they need to mix up their totems, for example. You also may need to bring a different pet to fill a missing buff.

It makes sense that your DPS would still be high because Survival Hunter is one of the least buff-dependent specs out there. You can do 90%+ of your max DPS with ~4 commonly-found buffs.

After that, make sure everyone has food/flask, and for ultraxion especially DPS are using double potions (pre-pot + heroism). It's not uncommon for inexperienced raiders to not be using a potion at all. It's especially easy to pre-pot this one since DBM gives you a nice countdown timer to the pull.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys got an update. AGAINST ALL ODDS. We managed ultraxion tonight. Here is the world of logs for it in case y'all wanna nit pick
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bch6iqwjni5g9og7/

I know I was in the moment and messed up some procs and sat idle to much for fading light and hour of twilight
    Last edited by Krunsh; 2012-01-26 at 03:36 AM.

Yes, it's true.

Yes, your raid sucks.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 04:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    Hey guys got an update. AGAINST ALL ODDS. We managed ultraxion tonight. Here is the world of logs for it in case y'all wanna nit pick

I know I was in the moment and messed up some procs and sat idle to much for fading light and hour of twilight
    Have the people in your raid read on on their classes. Anyone doing less than 28k DPS on that fight in the gear you guys have is doing something terribly wrong.

So again, yes it is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Yes, it's true.

Yes, your raid sucks.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 04:52 AM ----------

Have the people in your raid read on on their classes. Anyone doing less than 28k DPS on that fight in the gear you guys have is doing something terribly wrong.

So again, yes it is true.
    unfortunately, as long as "we killed it" nothing is going to help them get higher other than getting gear. I lost the roll on my 4set chest to the tank tonight :/

10+ Year Old Account
    The bail. People are bad, and don't want to improve. TBH that's the worst "sin" in raiding in this game. The inept, the underachievers, the lazy, are not those who I want to raid with. Does that make me an asshole/elitist? I don't think so. Our raid philosophy is "In a nut shell, we are here to have fun. Speaking as the GM of Killing Time, I classify fun as “completing raid content in a timely and competitive manor.” Are we the best in the world? Hell no. To some extent most of us have things preventing us from being, or from being in a top tier (8/8H) guild. Some of us have really busy schedules which once in a while messes with raid. We are mostly adults who can't raid more then 3 hours a night the nights we raid. We don't have the time to have multiple raid ready toons for raid comp. But we play our classes well, research fights, change specs, reforge/regem etc as needed. And as a result we enjoy raiding together, have fun, and are fairly good (4/8 heroic, should be 5/8 soon).

We found our balance. You need to find yours.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I checked the shadow priest, and he has amazingly bad dot uptimes:

Vampiric Touch 81.2 % - should be 98%+
    Mind Flay 27.4 % - should be at least double(!) of this, somewhere between 55-60%
    Shadow Word: Pain 92.7 % - again, 98%+
    Devouring Plague 83.8 % - this one as well, 98%+

With the correct uptimes, he should be right around the 30k mark
    Talking to Majordomo before we are all ready will give you a quest: [60][R]Looking for guild!

I play a destro warlock as my main, and your warlock offends me deep down.

Improved Soul Fire 11 163.0 45.5 %
    Corruption 11 194.7 54.4 %
    Bane of Agony (?????????? wtf?) 10 220.1 61.5 %

For someone who can keep a 95% uptime on immolate and have ^ just shows idiocy and laziness

On topic, yes, your raid's dps is not good, and you should probably find a new guild.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidPanda View Post
    I play a destro warlock as my main, and your warlock offends me deep down.

Improved Soul Fire 11 163.0 45.5 %
    Corruption 11 194.7 54.4 %
    Bane of Agony (?????????? wtf?) 10 220.1 61.5 %

For someone who can keep a 95% uptime on immolate and have ^ just shows idiocy and laziness

On topic, yes, your raid's dps is not good, and you should probably find a new guild.
    This warlock offends you? What if simply he just doesnt understand the class hes playing? What if he just needs some help and support?
    I feel really sad for players like yourself, living in your own little bubble oblivious to the rest of the mmo population unless they match up to your perfect needs. The join a new guild comment sums up your response for me, guess your the sort of person that jumps guild to guild ever really making an actual friend (unless there just like u!), sigh its a sorry state.

This reply is to the rest of you to, you have the info rather than just "raid dps sucks leave guild!" why not post a few bits of useful information that this guy could take back to the individual players to help them? If he wants to leave the guild he would have already, due to the fact he hasnt left yet means he must have friends there and its not just about the loot, geesh most of the replies in this thread you could directly add to a thread about 'why the wow community is not good now' etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Kesandri; 2012-01-26 at 10:40 AM.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesandri View Post
    This warlock offends you? What if simply he just doesnt understand the class hes playing? What if he just needs some help and support?
    I feel really sad for players like yourself, living in your own little bubble oblivious to the rest of the mmo population unless they match up to your perfect needs. The join a new guild comment sums up your response for me, guess your the sort of person that jumps guild to guild ever really making an actual friend (unless there just like u!), sigh its a sorry state.

How about a wonderful idea! How about you post here in a reply how he can take some useful warlock info back to his warlock friend and improve his friends dps?
    Funny comment because I've been in a total of 2 guilds (1 ever since i started raiding). You sure know a lot about other people don't you? You got everything nothing about me correct on the first try. I'm sorry that you feel sorry for me and that I offended your high moral standards, I hope to make a better impression on you next time I don't care what you think.

I'm all for helping people improve, but i have no interest in helping this warlock - why feed someone the manual to their class when they can't even find it themselves? I do, however, want to help the OP, so yes, I answered the original question he asked.

Perhaps I came off harshly, but I still stand by the fact that if the OP wants to raid and kill bosses, he will either have to wait for 20% nerf or find a new guild, it's simple as that. If he comes back next week with a Blackhorn log I'll happily eat my words.

In conclusion, mind your own business

Quote Originally Posted by Raur0s View Post
    I checked the shadow priest, and he has amazingly bad dot uptimes:

Vampiric Touch 81.2 % - should be 98%+
    Mind Flay 27.4 % - should be at least double(!) of this, somewhere between 55-60%
    Shadow Word: Pain 92.7 % - again, 98%+
    Devouring Plague 83.8 % - this one as well, 98%+

With the correct uptimes, he should be right around the 30k mark
    Without 4p tier 13 I'd agree with you, but since he's using Mind Spike (assuming he has 4p here) his dot uptimes should be somewhere in the mid 80%.
    Also, using DI on a holy priest instead of that fire mage or shadow priest (when he starts playing better) is a bit of a waste.

Edit: Just saw his armory and he only has 3 parts of t13, in which case he shouldn't be using Mind Spike at all...
    Last edited by Xorz; 2012-01-26 at 11:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    good luck progressing against the last 3 bosses, you guys are simply not putting out enough DPS. You are abou thte only one pulling out the required DPS here.
    Try talking teaching, if they're willing to learn man it out. If they don't want to listen and see the 'proof' then it's a lost cause goodl uck !
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

unfortunately, as long as "we killed it" nothing is going to help them get higher other than getting gear. I lost the roll on my 4set chest to the tank tonight :/
    Gratz for the kill. The only good thing is that you are doing good dps with mediocre gear and even better u get buffs next week Bad thing is that i don't even know how you killed ultraxion with that overall dps :O Amazingly low dps for some of your raid members... Warmaster is gonna be pretty hard but Madness atleast looks like mission impossible with that dps... 20k was the dps people did in t11 and some of you do less...

Deleted
    Op, the real question here is: Should i put a lot of time into working with my guild to improve their dps so we progress further, or should i leave and find a guild who already have proper dps?

If you really like your current guild, it's worth a shot .p

While i don't know anything about your dps but frost dk, i can't such much about that, but i can add a few basic things you can ask your dk.

How does he reforge? The answer should be haste (Masterfrosters would disagree, but your dk seems like he needs to grasp the basics first)
    What is priority system? The answer should "Diseases,Rime proc, Obliterate, Frost strike"
    Which presence does he dps in? Should be unholy

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2012-01-26 at 02:09 PM.