About press beta invites

When they say they will invite press to their games beta like gw2 said they will do in feb i was wondering if mmo champion is considered "press" when they say press.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely, no, as MMO-Champion isn't doing reviews of games that will come, but is more reporting what is happening in the games right now.

True, but i still wondered if they will get beta invites for being quite a popular gaming site. I guess time will tell if they will or not but doubtful.

Deleted
    While MMO-Champion is not technically "press", they are part of the Curse Network, which Blizzard has special interest in.
    Expect some inside-information exclusively to MMO-Champion, just like it has always been for the past years

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They might get some codes for giveaways yes, as the press invites are personal invites that you can't give away, as a NDA is usally tied to them, this way the reporters can take the time to play it thru and such, and then give out the results of it.

Giveaways are usually a lot later than press invites thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not entirely on topic, but I also was wondering what's Blizzard take on MMO-champ? I mean, spambots in trade chat freely use "mmo-gold" or "mmo-trade" for example, but "mmo-champion" gets filtered.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    I've moved this to the suggestions/feedback forum so one of the supers or admins can answer your question with more accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Not entirely on topic, but I also was wondering what's Blizzard take on MMO-champ? I mean, spambots in trade chat freely use "mmo-gold" or "mmo-trade" for example, but "mmo-champion" gets filtered.
    I know in years past they've referred to MMO-Champion by name when referring people to fan-sites, and in years past WoW CMs would lurk the forums here, but I'm not sure if either of those things are still happening.

I can't remember for sure why the site's name is filtered in WoW, but I'm pretty sure it is because it has the phrase "mmo" in it. If spambots are using the phrase "MMO" and it isn't getting filtered, they're probably doing something bypass it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I can't remember for sure why the site's name is filtered in WoW, but I'm pretty sure it is because it has the phrase "mmo" in it. If spambots are using the phrase "MMO" and it isn't getting filtered, they're probably doing something bypass it.
    That's exactly what baffles me, because my chat addon recognizes those as links, which means spammers don't use symbols lookalikes in their messages.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    That's exactly what baffles me, because my chat addon recognizes those as links, which means spammers don't use symbols lookalikes in their messages.
    They've broken the game client in the past: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTCn7hNcc1I

Deleted
    they're reviewing the chat filter anyway (was in a recent bluepost about transexual being filtered), so it's a possibility that mmo-champion will be reusable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am sure Boub at least gets one. And if it matters to you any, the green posters on the wow forums got one as well.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I guess we're press, and I guess I could get invites if I had time to test everything out there, it will depend on when MoP hits I guess.

Also, why is everybody discussing other things in that thread. I'm so confused.