Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Exalted, help please!

Hi good folks of MMO-Champion!

Lately, I've had an obsession with farming reputations to exalted, and I've taken a liking to spending hours doing the exact same thing for no good reason. In the last 2 weeks or so I've doubled the amount of factions I'm exalted with and it give me something to do when I'm not raiding. Now I've made a goal, get 50 reputations to exalted. This is no trivial task, and it will probably take me months to complete.

Some factions take much longer time than others, and some are just a royal pain in the arse to farm, so my question to you is, what will be the easiest for me to leave out? Is their any good guides I can follow other than reading comments on WoWhead?

This is how my reputation looks like right now.
    I am well aware that I lack many of the Alliance factions, I will work on them when I'm in dungeons.
    Last edited by Ulvhedner; 2012-01-25 at 01:14 PM. Reason: bold<3

Deleted
    i'm at 44 myself atm working on some more ^^
    i can see your very close to exalted with ashtentounge deathswourn , so that would be 1 more black temple run for you.
    Keepers of time isnt that hard either , just run the hc's everyday for a week and u'll have it (combined with some quests of them here and there)
    & 1 or 2 more full kara clears should get your voilet eye rep to exalted aswell.
    The shattred sun offensive is pretty easy to , just run heroic mgt once a day and ull have it in no time with a chance at a mount.
    and if you are into pvp doing some straight av's should get you to exalted with stormpike guards pretty fast aswell
    gogo ! good luck

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like you're missing the Kalu'ak - that one takes dailies to complete, I believe. It also looks like you're missing some of the TBC ones (such as Consortium), which can be farmed by running their respective dungeons.

I also advise you do the Frenzyheart dailies every day. When you get to exalted, you can switch to Oracles. Netherwing also shouldn't take TOO long (provided you can go to the mines when nobody else is and get a bunch of eggs).

Deleted
    Wintersaber, Kalu'ak, Frenzyheart/Oracle are fairly easy with the dailies.
    Sha'tari Skyguard too, and you get some Ogri'la while you are at it.

Yes yes, all of them are obvious, I'm already working on most of those you've mentioned, but the real question is, what reputations should I leave out. What reputation just makes you want to die because it would be so much more fun than farming?

violet hold is also easy run kara many times Same2waterlords make mc runs

AB/WSG. send them straight in inactive. wtb honor points to reputation turn ins or i'm never going to bother getting those exalted.

i'm at 47 and none of these were terribly annoying or hard.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ng/reputation/
    Last edited by k8e; 2012-01-25 at 01:16 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...th/reputation/ Use it for comparasion.

Guild counts as a faction aswell, so you'll get them exalted aswell. Darkmoon faire you will get by doing the dailies. And get the city factions up aswell. They are quite easy to get.

And yea, the BC ones, they are all soloable by any class pretty much (par from the raid ones).

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    Yes yes, all of them are obvious, I'm already working on most of those you've mentioned, but the real question is, what reputations should I leave out. What reputation just makes you want to die because it would be so much more fun than farming?
    You should not aim for the Waterlords, as you get 1000 rep per week with them. So do MC now and then.
    The 4 goblin factions, unless you're aiming for The Insane, they take time after awhile (2-3 rep per mob from 11999/12000 to 999/999).

Well, looks like it's time for you to farm some TBC instances)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...va/reputation/

They could remove the centaur factions from games, Looks ugly on my rep page;(

I wasn't even trying to get Exalted.

Ogri'la is obnoxious and I would avoid. Skyguard is usually done in tandem with Ogri'la, but can also be done independently by farming the Arrakoa in Terrokar Forest. Netherwing isn't bad. The PVP ones except for Stormpike Guard are ridiculous and not recommended. I can't advise on your goblin rep because of your BSB rep. Unless you're going for "The Insane" don't bother with Ravenholdt. Shen'dralar and Zandalar are no longer obtainable, I believe.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I will eventually aim for The Insane now that is a walk in the park compared to what it used to be. The goblin rep is something I will work on as soon as I get BSB to Exalted, going to work my way up with the goblins and keep BSB at exalted if it's still possible, I hate being shot down from the air by goblins, and I just love BSB so bad.

MC rep ain't that bad, I'll get it eventually by farming MC as I've done for quite some time

Darkmoon Faire got really easy to lvl these days. All you need is to do the dailies at the island when the faire is in town.

re ironforge: an easy way to get rep is to do the daily fishing and cooking quests.

another easy one is av. just wait ,,, pretty sure the next av weekend is 2 weeks from now. and then you'll hit exalted easy. You may want to stop by the av area north west of tarren mill where you can get about 5 quests for av.

MC rep ain't that bad, I'll get it eventually by farming MC as I've done for quite some time
    You can get to 50 in about a month of dedicated playing* if you really wanted to. MC will take you about 4 months. I'm not saying don't run MC weekly, it's just that your goal is achievable long before you'll get MC to Exalted.

*From where you're at; not talking about any random player

EDIT: BTW, start doing the TBC dungeon dailies in Shattrath. They'll get you bonus rep with the respective faction and the Consortium.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will eventually aim for The Insane now that is a walk in the park compared to what it used to be. The goblin rep is something I will work on as soon as I get BSB to Exalted, going to work my way up with the goblins and keep BSB at exalted if it's still possible, I hate being shot down from the air by goblins, and I just love BSB so bad.
    Not sure if you can get BSB to Exalted, pretty sure it stops at 11999/12000. And the goblins isn't as easy as they were before to get exalted. Before you could run DM for the key, and get 500rep with all goblin factions per run, + some more if you did the Ogre Suit quest aswell. You can't do that anymore, so you pretty much have to scrap together whatever goblin rep you can before you need to start grinding pirates untill you are exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    Not sure if you can get BSB to Exalted, pretty sure it stops at 11999/12000. And the goblins isn't as easy as they were before to get exalted. Before you could run DM for the key, and get 500rep with all goblin factions per run, + some more if you did the Ogre Suit quest aswell. You can't do that anymore, so you pretty much have to scrap together whatever goblin rep you can before you need to start grinding pirates untill you are exalted.
    I believe Lost Rigger Cove in Tanaris provides goblin rep without lowering BSB rep (although you can't get exalted with Gadgetzan there so you'll need to go kill one pirate somewhere else to do so). If you can get people to help you, you can force fast respawns. Still will take awhile (especially starting from Hated) but doable.

I would recommend the OP verify that, though. There are plenty of post-4.0 guides to the Insane on the Interwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You can get to 50 in about a month of dedicated playing if you really wanted to. MC will take you about 4 months. I'm not saying don't run MC weekly, it's just that your goal is achievable long before you'll get MC to Exalted.

EDIT: BTW, start doing the TBC dungeon dailies in Shattrath. They'll get you bonus rep with the respective faction and the Consortium.
    Hah, you're right, forgot how terrible the rep gain is when you're revered. Thanks for pointing out the Dailies, I'm not a TBC player so didn't know about that

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    You can get to exalted by killing gobling guards now, don't know how easy it is to keep BSB exalted though

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I would recommend the OP verify that, though. There are plenty of post-4.0 guides to the Insane on the Interwebz.
    This thread will most likely be too old before that happens, but I'll see what I can do

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can get to exalted by killing gobling guards now, don't know how easy it is to keep BSB exalted though
    Oh didn't know that... then the question is, can I be arsed getting them to Exalted aswell, and regrind the goblins?

This thread will most likely be too old before that happens, but I'll see what I can do
    Well, you don't have to update here I was just suggesting that before you attempt to raise goblin rep you verify the best way to do so without hurting BSB rep. Check Wowhead under the Booty Bay faction, I believe there was some good post-4.0 info there.

I'm sitting on 54 exalted right now. Ogri'la was the worst I've done. Goblins were easy but time-consuming. Don't have any of the BG reps since I'm not much for pulling teeth, but AV should be cake if you're patient. Netherwing can be easy with lucky egg finds. Ravenholdt is kind of a pain once you have to start farming lockboxes. Hydraxian goes painfully slow once you hit revered, as I'm sure you've noticed.

If I were you, I'd skip:

Ogri'la (This one's not hard, but very time-consuming and throttled)
    Silverwing Sentinels
    League of Arathor
    Ravenholdt (if you don't have a rogue or don't/can't buy the lockboxes)
    Bloodsail (Not worth giving up 4 reps to get 1)