Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobas View Post
    .....I had every bit of hope in Blizzard invested in the fact that Titan would be released in Blizzcon 2012....now its gone....dammit.
    Blizzard is in real trouble it seems. From recent leads of D3 fired, to a lead in Titan gone as well, it shows that they're struggling, and in no time soon are they going to pull themselves out of this slump they've been in to their old glory days. WoW is a good indicator with people leaving left and right. You can notice it on the message boards and fan sites with activity as in at times when there would be 1000 posts in a time frame on news, now there's 100-200.

MoP is releasing this year, and not the end of the year like we're used to. Blizzard is going to be in full-blown panic mode as you can see with two of their big projects in various troubles, and one expansion pack for a RTS that should have came out a long while back. MoP will release in summer this time, or end of, because they know that they can't rest with Guild Wars 2 and company getting soo much media and fan attention. Mix in the luke-warm response to the MoP expansion, and they're very-very concerned. I mean, they're not even cashing in on another Blizzcon, something it's fans looked forward to yearly. Which means they have nothing to show for it, which is of MAJOR concern because that means Titan is in massive trouble. You would think they'd show something off about it to get attention away from GW2 and company, but they have nothing.

This is when we see some major restructuring within Blizzard. Their time frames were out of control, and they're going to start embracing consoles now as well I'd bet. Maybe this will be the kick in the pants Blizzard needs to be a great dev again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijux View Post
    One more reason to quit wow.
    You quit WoW just because Blizzcon is not taking place? Lol

I personally am happy that they focus on developing instead of this convention. They lose money for making Blizzcon anyway.

There wasn't a Blizzcon in 2006, so why are people freaking out.

Oh noes we skipped another year, everybody panic!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Why wouldnt they? And Black Friday? lol They will NOT wait that long. Losing too many subs, and with GW2 coming out VERY soon. Yeah it will be out at end of summer.

Kinda why they didnt want to have a Blizzcon.

2+2=4 not chair.

Very Spot on! About what I was thinking as well.
    I will remember this post and see who is lol ing. All these "thats way too long" posts occurred at the end of wrath too. They are owned by Activision. If you think they are going to release this product at the end of the summer which is just about the worst time to try and sell a video game to people you are mistaken. Unless they can release it at the same time as GW2 to try and crush that launch they will bite the bullet and make more money around the holidays selling xpacs. The diehards and season passers dont quit playing and paying for this game anyway. Its these people that allow blizzard to do this.
    Last edited by Dejohn; 2012-01-25 at 08:28 PM.

Why do people assume Blizzard is just canceling it for shits and giggles? They love Blizzcon. But they have a heavy plate this year. Three big projects still in development. They can't really take focus off that and prepare for Blizzcon. Everyone should be focusing on their projects, not a convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    No source, but there were some quotes from a while back about it being heavily FPS based. Now that could mean we'll be chucking spears and shooting bows, but more likely a sci-fi based game......or it could be something completely off the wall like a wild west, or WW2 game but I doubt it. At this point, no-one in the community knows anything, all we can do is talk about probabilities.
    Yeah, the only thing I do recall is that it's not based on any existing franchises. They've done fantasy with WoW, so sci-fi is the other general option. Although steampunk/gaslamp fantasy would be interesting. I highly doubt it would be anything "real world" like wild west or military - we expect more from Blizzard than that.

Given that just about everyone who works for Blizzard also works Blizzcon, and with 3 major titles hitting, I don't blame them for not having one this year. Like most have said, MoP might not have even had a content patch yet, and having Blizzcon would push back work on that as well. While announcing things at Blizzcon is nice, a lot of us would probably much rather things were already in development - and perhaps ready for alpha/beta - by the time they're announced. That gives us demos to play at Blizzcon that aren't the same stuff we've already been doing. With MoP/D3/SC2 out - what incentive is there for me to go? No new demos - other than Pandaria itself, but I'll have been playing the beta already. I'll have D3 as well due to Annual Pass, so no need to demo that either. I've never been a big RTS fan, so SC2 would be the only thing I might be interested in. No reason to go. Although I will miss meeting up with some of my fellow raiders, that's not quite enough of a reason for all of us to fly to California (since quite a few already live in SoCal).

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Meh, the esports for these games isn't that appealing to me.
    I have to agree here, its not THAT exciting to watch a bunch of Koreans/Japanese people playing StarCraft 2 >.>

Or to watch a bunch of nerds raging because they couldn't kill a shaman....

I AM NOT OK WITH THIS... /sadface

It comes down to the fact that they wont really have anything to show at blizzcon 2012.

No.

Nononononoonono.

I enjoy a large scale SC2 tournament now and again but WHY. THE HELL. ARE THEY. STILL!!!! FORCING. WOW. AS. AN. E-SPORT !?!?!?!?!?

You can't balance an MMO! Arena has always been a joke and their sloppy attempts to 'balance' WoW by forcefully homogenizing the classes has done nothing but negatively impact the game!

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    It comes down to the fact that they wont really have anything to show at blizzcon 2012.
    So much this.

Coincidence that it's korean/asian with them releasing MoP?

Blizzard are SO trying to hit the eastern market.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

A real bummer. As sad as it sounds, Blizzcon virtual ticket was one of the highlights of my year last year. Hopefully they change thier minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    Much more to show in 2013.. probably early 2013. I'm sure it will be worth the little extra wait just to see Titan.

If it means more content, I'm kinda glad.

Blizzard Entertainment is proud to announce the 2012 Battle.net World Championship, a major global eSports event featuring some of the best pro-gaming competition in the world. Slated to take place in Asia toward the end of 2012, Mists of Pandaria (Pandas)? Asia? Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post

Hardly anyone is freaking out. Get a grip.

So they miss a year, it makes perfect sense with the releases coming.

Herald of the Titans
    oh people seeing evil consiracies in every little thing blizzard does! how new and original, i feel like it isnt still year 2007 where people bitched about the same crap and still were proven wrong! geez, why cant blizzard be small and widely underestimated again... i hate to read the same old all negative responses on every breath blizzard takes.. nitpicking everything... are your lifes so miserable that you have to bash on somebody to feel better? im sad that there wont be a blizzcon this year, but they really have planned to release 3 titles this year and that is a feat that has never happened before, so im very excited and probably wont even notice that the blizzcon is missing while im playing d3 or sc2 hots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazinger View Post
    You quit WoW just because Blizzcon is not taking place? Lol

I personally am happy that they focus on developing instead of this convention. They lose money for making Blizzcon anyway.
    yeah people get worked up over such small things, makes me wonder why there still here, oh that's right attention whore syndrome
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post

None in 2006
    None in 2012

Then that means...

No Blizzcon in 2018!

Also, whilst I will miss seeing Blizzcon, I'm glad they'd rather spend their time working on their games for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Do you know how many subscriptions they'll lose if they try dragging 4.3 out all the way till November? Lot's.
    They guarantied enough subs with annual pass so they really dont care.

They will probably throw 1-2 pets and mounts into store to make enough money to cover the rest. Maybe even some stats items since aparently ppl are ok with it in other games...