Deleted

Healing Ultraxion 10HC - Exorcism build?

Hi there, my guild is about to start tries on Ultraxion heroic this week-end. I'm probably going to be one of the healers (Disc Priest + Holy Pally). If I read right, this encounter is only a gear-check (a DPS check more precisely) to beat the enrage timer. I heard disc priests can squish a bit of damage at the begining of the fight. So I've been thinking about changing my spec so I can casts exorcisms without raping my mana.

My usual build: 33/5/3 (not allowed to post links)

The build I want to try out:
    wowhead.com/talent#sbIrdrkhufdhZM

The main differences are:
    - No protector of the innocent (I'll be AoE healing anyway, and the heal is so small)
    - Added Arbiter of Light, Blazing Light and Denounce (the main point in the build, so I can have some damage output)
    - No Sacred Cleansing (No dispells at all)
    - One extra point in Blessed Life (Read Below)
    - No Eternal Glory (Most of the time I will be using LoD instead of WoG). I chose Last Word instead of Eternal Glory because the only time I will be using WoG is saving someone from death, that's why I want the boost when cast on low HP targets.
    - One point less in Crusade (10% less HS healing, I will gain HP primarily by using HR)

Opinions?

P.S: I'm not sure about how Blessed life works, would it be triggered by the constant BAUS-LAZER? And if such, as the damage is so constant, is it worth dropping the second point here? I mean, a 50% chance when the pew pew beam hits every 3 sec would be a max of 6 sec, still inside the ICD.

Thanks in advance, Agz

Hi there, explain more in detail with how you plan on having healers get crystals. If it is the standard 2 heal: Paladin red, priest green, paladin blue, you will be able to get about 3 globals to cast exorcism at the start of the fight, which won't be the difference between a kill or wipe.

For spec: Blessed life only procs from melee attacks on that fight and aura mastery does nothing. If you were to actually do dps (you won't, if you're doing what I mentioned earlier, which you should be doing) you would get more damage from Seals of the Pure than Arbiter of the Light and just seal twisting.

While HR is your primary source of HP because HS has a CD, you should still have that point in Crusade because you will be using it near CD. Generally on the lowest person because using WoG outside of GoAK+Red is bad and should almost never happen.

I'd start with something like this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIMdrkhhfzGZc:amVsMf ... Make sure you do not have Light of Dawn glyph, it is much better un-glyphed on this fight.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-01-25 at 05:57 PM.

I think the damage is negligible but I have read that the denounce debuff can be helpful to reduce raid damage during the soft enrage. Just not sure if it's worth losing a few HR casts for it.

Deleted
    What are you using aura mastery for? The magic damage is unresistable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earsofpower View Post
    What are you using aura mastery for? The magic damage is unresistable.
    Both Twilight Burst and Twilight Eruption are resistable. The only shadow damage on this encounter that isn't resistable is Hour of Twilight.

on topic: You should stick to your standard spec. If anyone should try to do a little (more) damage it's the other healer and/or your dps. Holy Paladin is by far the strongest healer in this fight.
    Last edited by mmocdcb319eee9; 2012-01-25 at 10:01 PM.

You should just solo heal for the first 4 minutes and let your Disc Priest smite spam tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Natu View Post
    Both Twilight Burst and Twilight Eruption are resistable. The only shadow damage on this encounter that isn't resistable is Hour of Twilight.

on topic: You should stick to your standard spec. If anyone should try to do a little (more) damage it's the other healer and/or your dps. Holy Paladin is by far the strongest healer in this fight.
    Nobody should ever take damage from twilight burst or twilight eruption

Twilight Instability is the main source of damage, and it isn't resistible. Unless you have logs showing you resisting it?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-9x...2/?s=382&e=646

Logs of last week damage done by twilight instability (25N), as you can see no resists. Picking any random 10 heroic log shows that it isn't resistible on 10 heroic either.

I suppose there's still a use for aura mastery, but one talent point doesn't seem worth it to give the tank 4k more armour 6 seconds of every 120

I had considered changing my spec to something similar, but I'd take Crusade over Aura Mastery since it doesn't do anything on the fight. When I actually got into what I'd be doing during the fight, though, there is little to no time to cast exorcism. Like Dorfie and Natu said, you should let other healers pick up the DPS if at all possible because holy paladins are pretty over powered on the fight. It depends who you are healing with, but I just don't have time to cast exorcism with a disc priest and there is no reason to.

As for the other bits of the spec, two points in Blessed Life is always better and there isn't anything else worth putting points in. I would, however, keep protector of the innocent. While you should make sure you're using divine protection on cooldown and that'll help, I always find making sure I'm keeping myself up the hardest. If you have to run back a minute for a buff because the raid is stacked close to the boss (tentacle rape range), those extra heals can definitely help. Also keep in mind that light of dawn will never hit yourself.

I'm using my normal spec for the fight, I've just moved a point from dispels to a second in blessed life. I keep AM just so I don't have to respec for other fights (not doing heroic warlord or hagara yet, so making the other healers dispel isn't so bad).
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#scIbzrkhufdhbZc