SWTOR PvP Players Running the game on Low GFX Settings?

I've watched a few SWTOR streams and apparently running the game on Low GFX settings is supposed to be ideal for PVP? I was told recently by was Streamer named Synyster (Sith Marauder) he says that playing on Low is not much of a difference to the higher settings as the high res texture packs aint correctly optimised.

Any of you currently doing this? or heard similar?

I'm running on High settings with my Quad Core Q6600, 4gb ram, Geforce GTX 560 and since the patch before this last one its been pretty smooth gameplay for me but then again I havent done Ilum yet as im only lvl 46 atm on my marauder. Im gonna be ordering another 4gb ram this week to see if it does improve my loading times as a friend suggested it does.

15+ Year Old Account
    We have -about- the same specs.
    Quad core 2 duo (q9550), 4gb (1066/5-5-5-15), GTS450

I'll use yesterday as example, because there was more people doing the weekly... It was about 20 of us (Reps) vs oh.... 45+ Imps(Prolly more)
    I run on high settings, 1920/1080 and I only started to chop my graphics when I stared in the middle of the fight.
    If you run on low, then its basically freeing up processes and give you the best performance you can get.

Ram is good ( I need more too). The other thing is your main drive.. old-ass-low-ass RPM? sata2? almost full? defrag lately? SSD? (don't defrag!)

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    I've watched a few SWTOR streams and apparently running the game on Low GFX settings is supposed to be ideal for PVP? I was told recently by was Streamer named Synyster (Sith Marauder) he says that playing on Low is not much of a difference to the higher settings as the high res texture packs aint correctly optimised.

I'm running on High settings with my Quad Core Q6600, 4gb ram, Geforce GTX 560 and since the patch before this last one its been pretty smooth gameplay for me but then again I havent done Ilum yet as im only lvl 46 atm on my marauder. Im gonna be ordering another 4gb ram this week to see if it does improve my loading times as a friend suggested it does.
    Performance is always better than graphics, but if you can play the game on high settings without fps lag then it doesn't matter.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post

The best improvement for loading times would be an SSD. I cannot stress how good an investment an SSD is.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-01-25 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    We have -about- the same specs.
    Quad core 2 duo (q9550), 4gb (1066/5-5-5-15), GTS450

I'll use yesterday as example, because there was more people doing the weekly... It was about 20 of us (Reps) vs oh.... 45+ Imps(Prolly more)
    I run on high settings, 1920/1080 and I only started to chop my graphics when I stared in the middle of the fight.
    If you run on low, then its basically freeing up processes and give you the best performance you can get.

Ram is good ( I need more too). The other thing is your main drive.. old-ass-low-ass RPM? sata2? almost full? defrag lately? SSD? (don't defrag!)
    How bad is the drop in detail? I think im on a SATA if i remember correctly, im at work atm. I haven't defragged in ages. Last complete wipe and re-install windows i did was like 5-6 months ago now. I may have to try defrag to see if that does increase loading times.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The best improvement for loading times would be an SSD. I cannot stress how good an investment an SSD is.
    Dont even bother. 2x crucial m4 256gb in raid 0, and i still get minute-2minute load times for this game. Everything else loads instantly (bf3, arkham city,etc).

I wouldnt recommend spending the money on an SSD (if only buying it for this game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Dont even bother. 2x crucial m4 256gb in raid 0, and i still get minute-2minute load times for this game. Everything else loads instantly (bf3, arkham city,etc).
    Ocz Vertex 2 sata 2 120gb. less than a minute load times. Cool story though.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...305&CatId=5300

We did have them on sale. 100 bucks after mail in rebate. Sale ended sadly before I could pick up a second.

Ocz Vertex 2 sata 2 120gb. less than a minute load times. Cool story though.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...305&CatId=5300

We did have them on sale. 100 bucks after mail in rebate. Sale ended sadly before I could pick up a second.
    Are you somehow trying to say the OCZ is better than the Crucial m4's? Cause that is lolworthy, my friend.

The fact remains, SSDs do little to nothing to increase load times on this game, as its server->client chat is horribly inefficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you somehow trying to say the OCZ is better than the Crucial m4's? Cause that is lolworthy, my friend.

The fact remains, SSDs do little to nothing to increase load times on this game, as its server->client chat is horribly inefficient.
    I'm trying to tell you I had a decrease in load screen times after the installation of the SSD. It's less than a minute at this point. I'm not sure about the rest of your configuration so you may not see an increase. The OP may especially if hes not running RAID. When I get home I'll fraps the load screen and time it.

Deleted
    Well if you stream and your PC is not that great you have to play it on low GFX.

Otherwise you would be able to stream and play at the same time.

Its the same thing for every game.

I saw some stream were the guy had swtor @ max details, and it was running smoothly.

I'm trying to tell you I had a decrease in load screen times after the installation of the SSD. It's less than a minute at this point. I'm not sure about the rest of your configuration so you may not see an increase. The OP may especially if hes not running RAID.
    Of course it's going to offer SOME benefit (i was a bit obtuse in my sarcasm previously), but the fact remains it's still at the mercy of the client, and i would suggest an upgraded X/X/X/etc, before i recommend an SSD to combat the load times.

It's like throwing a thimble of water at a forest fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially with the amount of loading this game does. I wish I had the $ to invest in a SSD but I cannot part with the current drive because the space I would require for all my OS's is a lot more than decently priced SSD's. Ill get one eventually though =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's going to offer SOME benefit (i was a bit obtuse in my sarcasm previously), but the fact remains it's still at the mercy of the client, and i would suggest an upgraded X/X/X/etc, before i recommend an SSD to combat the load times.

It's like throwing a thimble of water at a forest fire.
    Well that depends on what he has. If hes only running a single lowly no raid hdd then he could be getting bottle necked. It all depends on his current configuration.