Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I had a couple more questions/concerns and didn't want to make a new thread so I'll use this one!

So I noticed there doesn't seem to a whole lot of guild info but one thing that caught my eye was you can join multiple guilds? So I wonder if this is like FFXI where you could have multiple Linkshells "guilds" and equip which one you want to be in at any time..hmm, I wonder if it would make guilds less exclusive?

Something else that I was thinking about. Obviously the game does not require a monthly fee but I wonder how frequent new content would come out? I actually have not played GW1 so I'm not 100% how often new expansions came out, just curious what you guys think about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabsy View Post
    So I noticed there doesn't seem to a whole lot of guild info but one thing that caught my eye was you can join multiple guilds? So I wonder if this is like FFXI where you could have multiple Linkshells "guilds" and equip which one you want to be in at any time..hmm, I wonder if it would make guilds less exclusive?

Something else that I was thinking about. Obviously the game does not require a monthly fee but I wonder how frequent new content would come out? I actually have not played GW1 so I'm not 100% how often new expansions came out, just curious what you guys think about this!
    They said when you log into your account you declare which guild you want to represent, Once you join a guild your whole account joins that guild. I dont think you can switch guilds while still in game, you may have to go back to the character selection screen.

About the game being updated. They have said they will have a live team that develops new events and will release them when a bunch are ready after they have been tested. So the game launches with 1500+ events and the live team will keep adding more and more. We will prolly also get more PvP maps in those updates or they will wait for expansions to release those.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    They said when you log into your account you declare which guild you want to represent, Once you join a guild your whole account joins that guild. I dont think you can switch guilds while still in game, you may have to go back to the character selection screen.

About the game being updated. They have said they will have a live team that develops new events and will release them when a bunch are ready after they have been tested. So the game launches with 1500+ events and the live team will keep adding more and more. We will prolly also get more PvP maps in those updates or they will wait for expansions to release those.
    Oh well that's cool you get to choose which guild to join. And holy crap 1500+ events, well I suppose that will keep the average player busy for awhile haha, I had no idea there was so many.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabsy View Post
    Oh well that's cool you get to choose which guild to join. And holy crap 1500+ events, well I suppose that will keep the average player busy for awhile haha, I had no idea there was so many.
    Not sure if the 1500 includes the hidden ones ether so could be more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    This needs clarification. From http://www.talktyria.net/2011/08/28/gw2pax-day-2/:

+ Guild membership is account wide, and you can add as many guilds as you like. You will be able to choose, at any time and on any character, which guild chat you are viewing and what guilds you are currently affiliated with.

+ Doing different activities (“almost anything,” to quote Eric Flannum) with guild-mates will earn Influence for one’s guild, which can be spent towards guild upgrades (storage, etc), or special in-game boosts like a flag that grants extra XP to guild members within its range.

+ Specific guilds will be able to capture keeps within WvWvW PvP, and be able to use their Influence to create upgrades to those keeps.

"Guild membership is account wide..." -- guilds will be inviting players, not characters.

"... and you can add as many guilds as you like." -- This allows people to join whatever groups they want for gameplay AND whatever groups they want for social interaction. For example you could join a massive WvWvW army, *and* a small PvE guild for dungeon-running, *and* an RP guild dedicated to defending your racial homeland, *and* a purely social guild of friends and co-workers. No need to sacrifice social ties for gameplay (or vice versa), no need for /gquit drama when your priorities change.

"You will be able to choose, at any time and on any character, which guild chat you are viewing and what guilds you are currently affiliated with." -- I read this to mean you'll be able to switch guild tags while in-game, just as you would switch a title or a tabard.

You'll be able to switch your guild while in game, probably by going to the guild window and using a dropdown box.