Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Good news for you then. ANet has said that they don't develop GW2 on the highest end hardware and even test it on hardware so old that it can't be bought anymore and they have to get it from Ebay. If you look on newegg or amazon you'll see that the oldest cards you can buy were released in 2004, so the min video card specs might be from 2003.
    Well, that's good news to hear, hopefully. To give you an idea, I am running an Acer aspire with windows 7 home premium 64bit, with AMD E-450 1.65ghz dual core processor, with my video card being an integrated radeon HD 6320. I am hoping that it will be good enough. I can get 20-30 fps in WoW (outside of major cities) with settings on rather low except for water and a couple others are a little higher, though I still get 1-3 fps in LFR on the more busy fights (zonozz when everything turns black is a good example). So you can see what I have to work with. Oh, and 4gb of ram.

Since this is the first game where I like the design of weapons and armor, probably the gear I will have (in the end).

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Well, that's good news to hear, hopefully. To give you an idea, I am running an Acer aspire with windows 7 home premium 64bit, with AMD E-450 1.65ghz dual core processor, with my video card being an integrated radeon HD 6320. I am hoping that it will be good enough. I can get 20-30 fps in WoW (outside of major cities) with settings on rather low except for water and a couple others are a little higher, though I still get 1-3 fps in LFR on the more busy fights (zonozz when everything turns black is a good example). So you can see what I have to work with. Oh, and 4gb of ram.
    Well no one can say for sure at the moment, though since GW2 uses a heavily modified version of the GW1 engine you might be able to get some kind of idea on how it might perform through using GW1. Obviously this is in no way a for sure indication of GW2's performance on your machine, but I'd suggest grabbing the GW1 trial if you don't own it already and run it at the highest settings. It's possible that the performance you see at the highest settings in GW1 will be about what you MIGHT see at the lowest in GW2. Don't quote me on that, but at the moment it's the only bar of measurement that we have since it's the same engine. Though one would expect that they've been able to optimize even further since they've had an extra 5 years with the engine since we've last seen any changes to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally getting to run with my guildies on Mighty Blue Bear (male Charr Ranger, my main) and just generally playing something new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Well no one can say for sure at the moment, though since GW2 uses a heavily modified version of the GW1 engine you might be able to get some kind of idea on how it might perform through using GW1. Obviously this is in no way a for sure indication of GW2's performance on your machine, but I'd suggest grabbing the GW1 trial if you don't own it already and run it at the highest settings. It's possible that the performance you see at the highest settings in GW1 will be about what you MIGHT see at the lowest in GW2. Don't quote me on that, but at the moment it's the only bar of measurement that we have since it's the same engine. Though one would expect that they've been able to optimize even further since they've had an extra 5 years with the engine since we've last seen any changes to it.
    I will try that out tomorrow (1030pm here which is my sleep time.) and see how GW1 performs on highest settings. Get a trial account made up.

But I really hope I can make me a norn ranger (wolf spirit, wolf companion. gonna be awesome). And those armor sets that I have seen posted in other threads on here are friggin awesome. Can't wait to see what they look like in game.

What am I looking forward to?

An MMO that will blow SWTOR out of the water but won't get as many sales.

It will help prove my study that people are stupid. :P

Nah, I'm really looking forward to the story, questing, underwater combat, PVP, WvWvW and dungeons..seriously I'm hyped about it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 more years of Raiding!

I mean... nevermind.

Rangers. Guardians. Warriors. Mesmers. Dynamic Events.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    WvWvW pvp. and well everything!

im looking forward to WvWvW pvp, and just exploring the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    If nothing else, them testing it on old systems confirms that if you can't run it on your current system, it will be extremely cheap to upgrade it to the point of playability.

Exploring

Finding new events, areas...go to the all corners of the world...yes...this is it

I am looking forward to play a themepark MMO that is actually not based on "Raid or die" mentality and not having gear progression as the soul purpose of the game. It seems so old school and yet so refreshing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am most looking forward to a couple things.

1. No holy trinity. This always used to drive me banana sandwich when making a character because I always wanted to do a bit of everything but because of the class I like I was pigeon holed into certain roles.

2. Interesting professions. You have your standard 'warrior' 'rogue' etc, but fact that as a warrior you can do decentvranged damage with a bow or duel wield pistols as a thief is far from the norm. Also classes like the engineer and mesmer are so unique you pretty much have to try them.

3. Putting a sense of community and hopefully comradery back into mmos. It will be very hard to greif people in this game, even in pvp. Some may seevthis as a bad thing, I used too, but it can will hopefully lead to the best pug groups ever seen in an online game.

4. Excellent and epic solo/group content merely depends on how many people are trying to achieve the same goal at the same time. No more looking for someone to help with a trivial/boring quest because its a group quest and no one is around.

5. Combat. What can I say, when you find a good video of someone playing it to its potential it looks varied and fun. Not to mention profession combs.

Honestly besides everything amazing about the game itself, I'm looking forward to playing an MMO with my friends again. We all used to play WoW together and slowly people began to get bored and quit. Hopefully GW2 will have everyone playing the same MMO again.

Experiencing a real MMO, where the whole server community matters.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Experiencing a real MMO, where the whole server community matters.
    Amen, man. I can't wait for the community. *hugs everyone*

I love you guys. *tear*

Mostly just being able to play with my friends, despite them being lower level than me.
    Also that I can actually select any class that I want to play, without having to worry about difficulty getting into groups/raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Amen, man. I can't wait for the community. *hugs everyone*

I love you guys. *tear*
    Unless we roll on different servers, then...

I KEEL YOU

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Unless we roll on different servers, then...
    I KEEL YOU
    Not before I KEEL YOU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    not before i keel you
    <3 <3 <3