Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Combat looks fun. And I am eager to see how far they go with character customization.

Also just nice to have a break form other games on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaf View Post
    Considering this game has been in development for 6 years I am going to *hopefully* assume it wont require a SUPER high end pc to run on. My pc is an enthusiast pc, but many of my friends cant afford/dont want to fork over the dough for a souped up pc.
    Pretty sure they've already confirmed that, like most MMOs, it will be made to scale so that people on lower end PCs will be able to play it.
    If WoW can run on a toaster, I'm sure you can run GW2 on a microwave.

Uh and the Music and Audio.
    Its really what can make or break a game for me.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    If you keep throwing around that b-word I'm gonna call the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Charr People) on you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You'd have more luck with the SPCA...
    Roflburn.

I mean, be nice Mif.

Anyway, I'm REALLY looking forward to RPing my ass off and ignoring my husband for 3 days straight while I immerse myself in my personal story.

I'm also looking forward to general chat for the first few hours /days /weeks..( how ever long it takes). Because I know it's going to be filled with QQ from people who expect this game to play like Wow, and end up getting their asses handed to them from NPCs. It's gonna be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I wanna learn more about the sylvari lore.

Deleted
    I wanna learn more about the sylvari lore.
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/sylvari/

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-sylvari-soul

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Roflburn.

I mean, be nice Mif.

Anyway, I'm REALLY looking forward to RPing my ass off and ignoring my husband for 3 days straight while I immerse myself in my personal story.

I'm also looking forward to general chat for the first few hours /days /weeks..( how ever long it takes). Because I know it's going to be filled with QQ from people who expect this game to play like Wow, and end up getting their asses handed to them from NPCs. It's gonna be fun.
    Not to mention all the people bashing on WoW, like what always happens when a new game comes out.

But, if I can play it, I would have to say... the character customization, especially for the Norn (plan on making male norn ranger). And if I am able to play it on this computer, I will read as much about the norn as I possibly can to be able to rp my norn as "authentic" as I can, as I plan to play on an rp server (usually filled with the nicer people, at least in the other games).

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap thanks guys/girls.
    Ask and you shall receive. Hahaha.
    "And a man…a man provides."
    Streaming SWTOR, HON, nostalgia games, and what ever the people request at http://twitch.tv/seamaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Freehoof View Post
    Broadly speaking, this sense of exploration and discovery is what I'm looking forward to the most, as well. I also like that it will be especially rewarding in Guild Wars 2 due to the Dynamic Event system. Other games have had vast worlds to explore, but few have made active exploration such a crucial part of the PvE gameplay. Love it.
    This. In WoW I remember that feeling of wonder and exploration on my first character I ran all over the barrens on my orc, skillfully dodging the skull level beast just to see what lie beyond that mountains ridge, wallhoping over the orc spawn to find Ratchet only to get brutally devoured by those crabs people. Swimming to the bottoms of lakes just to see what that tablet said. But i quickly learned that wasn't the fasted way and that sense of adventure was replaced by my human nature to get things done in an expedient fashion.

To do it the "right" way in other games you had to ignore half the content of the game, in GW2 the only right way is to go check out that cave or explore that town, climb that mountain you might find a DE or some new monsters you never know! I CAN'T WAIT to have that feeling back and know that its actually being rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    What am I most looking forward to in this game? The system requirements being released. I haven't been keeping up on many things GW2, because I don't want to get my hopes up of being able to play it and then finding out my computer couldn't handle it on horribly low graphics.
    Not sure what you have, but if the first Guild Wars is any indication, it should run well on a mediocre system. The original looked great on my computer, despite my low specs at the time.

Deleted
    The real #1 thing for me is the new dynamic combat. Casting while walking, dodging, no auto-attack, you can heal yourself, you can protect yourself, everything.. I can't wait to try it out. And almost everything else of the game just seems right to me.

Honestly for me the thing I am most super excited about is the Dynamic Events. The fact they can chain into each other and more events happen and more and more and more!!!! I can't wait for a (hopeful) really dynamic game world.

The last time I was so excited for a game was Ultima Online when I was 12 trying to justify to my parents to spend the 10$ a month for it haha.

Running around the world shouting with joyous abandon that the grass is moving!
    DEs and personal story are probably what I'm most looking forward to though

Holy crap thanks guys/girls.
    Yw.

Hope you could use it

Honestly? the main thing I'm looking forward to is finally getting rid of wow...

But I really like the combat to be honest, and the fact that it seems to like solo play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynamic Combat.

Able to level to 80 passively, in SOME dynamic events. Why kill when you can put out fires and herd cows back to their farmers?

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not needing a specific healer or tank to do things!

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    What am I most looking forward to in this game? The system requirements being released. I haven't been keeping up on many things GW2, because I don't want to get my hopes up of being able to play it and then finding out my computer couldn't handle it on horribly low graphics.
    Good news for you then. ANet has said that they don't develop GW2 on the highest end hardware and even test it on hardware so old that it can't be bought anymore and they have to get it from Ebay. If you look on newegg or amazon you'll see that the oldest cards you can buy were released in 2004, so the min video card specs might be from 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Good news for you then. ANet has said that they don't develop GW2 on the highest end hardware and even test it on hardware so old that it can't be bought anymore and they have to get it from Ebay. If you look on newegg or amazon you'll see that the oldest cards you can buy were released in 2004, so the min video card specs might be from 2003.
    As long as it doesn't turn out like ToR and high end systems run worse than low end system

Pretty sure the Anet engineers have enough optimization experience. At least more so than Trion or Bioware when it comes to MMOs. That's a bit speculative but based on their track record, I would guess GW2 will run far smoother than most MMOs not made by Blizzard.