Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuadu View Post
    The body releases bicarbonate in the small intestine to neutralize this.
    This is a normal part of the digestive process. Because the contents of the stomach are always highly acidic, it has to be neutralized when it enters the intestine.

There are some concerns that I have read about the over-consumption of whole grains, but they involve antinutrients.

Glass of milk with some porridge mixed with Peanut Butter.

School-day: a red bull.
    Weekend: New-baked buns with some nice ham or something!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    There are some concerns that I have read about the over-consumption of whole grains, but they involve antinutrients.
    I admittedly haven't read much about anti-nutrients. I'll take a look for sure. You kind of hit the nail on the head with the term "over-consumption". I am a big preacher of everything in moderation. So I think my anti-grain stance is really on the far side of the debate for people who make it a staple of almost every meal they eat. One large area where it can be problematic is in older women. If they eat lots of grains and promote a blood pH that is acidic the body pulls calcium from bones to counter the effect. They could possibly be driving their own risk factor for osteoperosis.
    My hunter is the genetic love child of Liam Neeson, the Dos Equis guy and Chuck Norris. You lose.

<broken image snip>

Wheaties and milk, the breakfast of champions, might as well eat something easy rather than nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beer and a slice or 2 of cold pizza breakfast of champions lol

seriosly tough usually a cop of coffee and a doughnut or bagel
    and Im not even a cop lol

Deleted
    2 slices of turkey bacon, 2 eggs, 1 slice of toast and a protein shake.

A big cup of a fine coffee, and a couple squares of white chocolate.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    2 pieces of bread, either toasted or home-baked. Usual toppings are caviar (the cheap kind ) or cheese/ham, though sometimes I vary. Some glasses of milk and maybe a cup o' coffee if time allows it.

So, reading a few things in this thread got me thinking about a few things. Back story for me is, I was a little over-weight. I was also the one meal a day person. Since then, I have increased the amount of food I eat up to 3 times a day and started working out 3-4 times a week at the gym. I have since lost 30 pounds and working on losing the last little bit I need to lose. I also just really want to tone up and overall just look "decent". I also try to watch what I eat, but because of current living situations (long story short we have a 4 generation household), I am not in control of what others will fix for dinner. We rotate "cooking days" so to speak.

Anyways, on average I will eat bran cereal that has granola in it, or something as simple as oatmeal or yogurt and a piece of fruit in the mornings. In the afternoon I will have a salad, or tuna or something along those lines. For dinner it really varies. I really try to stay away from too many breads or too much butter or "too much" of anything that could "potentially" be bad. I guess my overall question is since I am trying to lose weight and tone up what "should" I be eating, how many calories and such per day? Keeping in mind that I am working out 3-4 times per week as well. My working out will involve anything from walking for 30 minutes to some weight training and treadmills. I don't have the option to do aerobics where I have a gym membership though....poor choice in gyms on my part. I do dance classes on Fridays. So at least that is something...different.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

15+ Year Old Account
    I generally have omelets depending on what I plan for the rest of the day to eat it can vary from anything to plain omlet to one with meat, cheese and veggies.

One of my favs is to take 1-2 cooked crisp bacon slices, 3/4 cups of baby spinach and blend it up with 2-3 eggs. Poor it into hot pan cook it up and NOM NOM NOM.

If I have eaten allot of eggs in a week or high fat then I toss together a high veggy omelet with egg whites only and my dog loves me as I toss him the yolks.

I try to stay away from breads and high carb items early as I don't want to start the day off with an insulin spike only to crash soon after starting my work day!

two waffles, two yogurts, a banana and a coffee usually. It tends to change alot though I do love rice krispies ;D

Bowl of 100% whole grain porridge with banana slices and a cup of black coffee. Try to eat healthy.

Coffee
    2 glasses of iced tea
    2 scrambled eggs
    3 turkey sausage links
    2 slices of rye toast
    fresh mixed fruit

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite breakfast is as follows

3 Over Easy Eggs
    2 slices of good bacon (mmmmmmmmmmm)
    2 slices of buttered whole wheat toast (My parents get this sprouted wheat bread that is incredible)
    Glass of orange juice

I also like eating 2 eggies in a basket some days (as a substitute breakfast, not a suppliment to what i posted above)

My breakfast?
    Coffee and cigarette

Deleted
    Oathgrains, milk, a bit sugar and a large glass of orange juice. Keeps me going from 6.40 am to 11.30 am.

Trainer has be on egg whites and ham for breakfast. Should I accidentally sleep in due to playing too many video games the night prior... I'll do a protein shake and a yogurt before heading out the door to the gym.

On weekends.. My breakfast SOMETIMES eludes me. This is a work in progress that I am currently trying to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by laurent71 View Post
    two waffles, two yogurts, a banana and a coffee usually. It tends to change alot though I do love rice krispies ;D
    I used to eat the shit out of Rice Krispy Treats, haven't been able to since I've been heavily logging everything I eat. Q_Q

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gum or diet soda