Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Lot of respect for Total Biscuit. They guy asks question point blank to devs that are not intended to provoke the typical canned slogans.

I wish TB would make transcripts, but I guess that would be bad business. I hate listening to stuff. *grumble while putting headphones on*
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Lot of respect for Total Biscuit. They guy asks question point blank to devs that are not intended to provoke the typical canned slogans.
    Yeah. A number of questions were not the ideal softball most "interviewers" do.

LOOKIN AT YOU PEIRCE MORGAN.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    sounds like the operative changes are actually going through. i just hope they realise, and through us a bone in other areas

good interview nonetheless
    If it effects PvE it will be looked at, they said this in the interview. Bioware seem pretty quick when it comes to fixing things, unlike some other company beginning with B

Is this someone important or another internet hero for MMOC people?

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    TB Is a very smart guy. I say so because he actually pays people to read the youtube comments on his videos. Very very smart.
    He runs a business and uses media monitoring. Sounds appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylon Orion View Post
    love TB

hope he makes SWTOR his focus
    Judging by his recent videos, he seems more inclined toward Guild Wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to like TB but then I realised his fame wasn't justified at all. He's actually a terrible gamer (even wow..) and his opinions of things are just way off. For instance, I remember him saying something like assassins were only good for being an off-tank.. for instance. He's definitely smart though, who else makes thousands of pounds by sucking at starcraft 2 (not sure if he still does, but he was definitely terrible last I checked).

I usually don't "hate" on people at all but there's something about his arrogance, along with the points above, that annoy me.

Does he even play swtor for that matter? I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Am I understanding this right?
    They are not sure if they want to bring addons to the game yet?
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    I used to like TB but then I realised his fame wasn't justified at all. He's actually a terrible gamer (even wow..) and his opinions of things are just way off.
    He's definitely got the portfolio to refute that, having participated in and won various gaming tournaments/competitions. I think he only plays SWTOR for coverage purposes - it's kind of a big deal right now, so it would make sense to get some hands-on with it. Plus, in the case of Starcraft especially, you have to realize that even just "getting there" requires high above average skill. This is a guy who rubs elbows with the likes of HuK, and definitely someone to be taken seriously, especially when it comes to opinion.

Besides, I thought it was fairly obvious to everyone right now that Powertechs are far and away the best tank you can get if anything because they're ranged. Juggernauts certainly aren't in a good place, that's for damn sure. Being "functional" is not the same thing as being "viable."

I used to like TB but then I realised his fame wasn't justified at all. He's actually a terrible gamer (even wow..) and his opinions of things are just way off. For instance, I remember him saying something like assassins were only good for being an off-tank.. for instance. He's definitely smart though, who else makes thousands of pounds by sucking at starcraft 2 (not sure if he still does, but he was definitely terrible last I checked).

I usually don't "hate" on people at all but there's something about his arrogance, along with the points above, that annoy me.

So he's a terrible gamer because, what? Has he not cleared the content you feel he has to? His lack of WoW prowess should be obvious, if you're not completely oblivious. It's gone downhill in the past few years and hit a plateau. He's expressed his feelings, his opinions on the matter, several times over. Secondly, how are his opinions way off? That's what they are, opinions. A subjective viewpoint based on an individual and their personal beliefs. You wouldn't be so dimwitted as to try judging them like he says they're facts, would you? Things he says are fact, are pretty much fact. Based on evidence he provides literally within the videos of the subject he's drawn into question. God forbid he make an inaccurate assumption, though I'm sure you enjoy picking any you can find apart just to be a douche. You're also correct, he is a smart man both in general and in a business sense. Since this is his job that he does to earn a living, it's only proper that he does what's in his best interest. Lastly, he's not very arrogant, he's real. He calls bullshit like he sees it and given that he provides evidence to support his claims and views, he's damn fine at what he does.

He's been playing SWTOR since Beta, where he played an Imperial Agent and showed off various aspects of the game, and has recently been playing a Bounty Hunter, which he's also alluded to in a few of his videos. Your reasons for "hating" him are shoddy at best and ridiculously moronic at worst.

Warning - Don't call names, I can see that you are trying to make your point but don't do it by calling other's moronic or dimwitted even if it's indirect. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-01-26 at 01:47 PM.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator2009 View Post
    His voice drives me insane. His overall attitude also annoys me, but nothing near as bad as his voice. I don't hate the guy or anything, but I can't stand watching any of his videos.
    My opinion of the his videos are as follows:

I do not hate him nor do I youtube diss him which seems the cool thing to do. (don't even have a youtube account)

However, I do not feel he is 'the most honest reviewer' out there. He tends to point out the obvious that has been stated in other reviews but then goes on about small mundane things the general player gives not one or two but three shits about.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Very interesting and good info from Totalbiscuit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLjXIQneuE&hd=1
    After reading Total biscuits own statement on this video over at reddit and watching it, I have to agree with him that they are pointless to do with the PR leash involved
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Mlyrrh.

There wasn't really any need to call me "dimwitted" a "douche" or "moronic" was there? You're typing as if I just blasphemed against your God or something - it's really sad. It's also ironic that you're calling me out on my opinion of his opinions... Anyway, I'm not into the whole arguing over the internet but I felt the need to reply.

hes not the best gamer, no. but thats probably more because he plays so many different games, he cant devote much time to one and become good at it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totalbiscuit
    Sorry folks, but it's rather hard to get interesting answers out of Bioware especially when their PR guy is in the room stopping him from talking.

I think this'll probably be our last Bioware interview. As much as I like the company and enjoy the game, we can't really provide any value if we can't get any straight answers out of them. We tried our best

From the man himself

Deleted

TB even critized swtor alot and said he would play guild wars 2 no matter what. He just knows he can make more money doing coverages about swtor even though he doesnt give a s... about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's was an alright interview. At least we got on the record they are aware of many issues currently plaguing the game. As for revealing solutions or leaking info I really didn't expect that. Anything they leak ahead of time will just get shit on by the internet community at large. Loose lips sink ships.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever haters he may deal with, I have very high respect for the guy. He's very smart and his points may come across as being a jerk, but really, whoever takes the time to listen to what he has to say, will build respect for him. I've listened to the guy for about 3 years from Blue Plz to his videos.

Deleted
    If people hate, dislike, despise, or otherwise don't like TB, it's because that's what he was after when he created his self-proclaimed "shock jock" persona. He fanned those flames on purpose on the WoW forums as well as elsewhere for years, so any negativity he gets from people shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, least of all to him.

Reap what you sow, I guess.