Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    If people hate, dislike, despise, or otherwise don't like TB, it's because that's what he was after when he created his self-proclaimed "shock jock" persona. He fanned those flames on purpose on the WoW forums as well as elsewhere for years, so any negativity he gets from people shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, least of all to him.

Reap what you sow, I guess.
    This. I love the guy for what he's created.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    If it effects PvE it will be looked at, they said this in the interview. Bioware seem pretty quick when it comes to fixing things, unlike some other company beginning with B
    I'm not holding my breath

As the changes are being done with basically no regard for Pve, its a complete after thought. Mean how is that good game design?

It might effect pve, we'll look at it later

Should be making intelligent design decisions taking both pvp and pve into the equation from the start. Not AFTER you do it for one, at some unknown point in time that may never come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the mention or story arcs for operations going over a few content patches. God forbid we actually know whats going on with the endgame story.

Appears to be a post 1.1 interview, but many of his answers make it seem like it is almost pre-launch. He is quickly becoming my least liked game representative. I really think that he needs to step away from at least 1 of the 3 things he is so called "Lead Designer" for, preferably he gives up PvP to someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I'm not holding my breath

As the changes are being done with basically no regard for Pve, its a complete after thought. Mean how is that good game design?

It might effect pve, we'll look at it later

Should be making intelligent design decisions taking both pvp and pve into the equation from the start. Not AFTER you do it for one, at some unknown point in time that may never come.
    Its not that they are having no regard for pve, they made the op change because it was doing to much damage in pvp and the knockdown was too long. If you payed attention and not taken quotes out of context Gabe actually mentions that the damage of said abilities are still actually in the appropriate target range for pve dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Norg View Post
    Its not that they are having no regard for pve, they made the op change because it was doing to much damage in pvp and the knockdown was too long. If you payed attention and not taken quotes out of context Gabe actually mentions that the damage of said abilities are still actually in the appropriate target range for pve dps.
    Well the pve dps is pretty lackluster as it is right now and it will only get worse when this goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the pve dps is pretty lackluster as it is right now and it will only get worse when this goes through.
    Prove it.

Oh, wait, you can't, because developers and fans alike are against the idea of knowing how much damage they do. Sure, it's easy to tell when a tank or healer is bad, but giving DPS the same treatment is a big no-no.

There is no way in SWTOR to definitively prove that a particular class's DPS is too low. There won't be until damage meters are a thing. And there won't be damage meters until heads are removed from asses.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    Prove it.

Oh, wait, you can't, because developers and fans alike are against the idea of knowing how much damage they do. Sure, it's easy to tell when a tank or healer is bad, but giving DPS the same treatment is a big no-no.

There is no way in SWTOR to definitively prove that a particular class's DPS is too low. There won't be until damage meters are a thing. And there won't be damage meters until heads are removed from asses.
    You are absolutely right, I can't prove it. But compared to the other classes I've played it takes me longer to defeat each encounter on my operative.

My sniper kicks my operatives ass in killing speed, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You are absolutely right, I can't prove it. But compared to the other classes I've played it takes me longer to defeat each encounter on my operative.

My sniper kicks my operatives ass in killing speed, that's for sure.
    There will be vocal spurts here and there of people who claim they arent doing enough dps. The devs say its where they want it.

I'm all for damage meters as well. I do think they cause uneeded and illogical arguments when thrown around in raid chat. But having self, noncomparative meters (team meters for ops leader) would fix some of the strife with dps as well as lets others improve their rotation.

In this case, there honestly isnt a need for any fuss esp when it was breaking pvp and is now minimally changing pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Norg View Post
    I'm not taking anything out of context. We are getting nerfed for pvp purposes, pve is an afterthought on it. He even said if it turns out to have negative pve effects they’ll look into it.

But you’re right I should totally be fine for doing Nightmare mode operations. It’s not like Op dps isn’t one of the worst dps uptimes of any dps class in the game right now for Operations(melee with zero gap closers outside of cloaking screen movement speed on a 2 minutes cooldown, but don’t worry rifle shot will more than make up for it /sarcasm). And not like Operations aren’t riddled with anti-melee mechanics making it already beyond favorable to run all ranged dps to meet enrage timers for nightmare mode.

I also forgot the part where he said Ops dps in Pve was very high as well and needed to be toned down. Those combat logs should prove I’m still viable dps for nightmare operations right? Oh wait we don’t have combat logs? Oh that’s right; I’ll now be playing the perceived and only nerfed melee dps class. It doesn’t matter how minor a nerf is, when all we have to go off of is perception, people will make wild speculations.

So next time we hit an enrage timer, there will be even more rumblings to drop the Op dps. Because not only is he not ranged, he’s been hit with the nerf bat. “Sorry lag, we need you to reroll sniper”, that line is coming.

Combat logs need to be put in this game, so not dealing with people and how they perceive how much damage people are doing.

TB is an accomplished "shock jock" on British radio. So annoying you is kind of his gig. I think he's a fun to listen to, especially when I know he's annoying people that take themselves way too seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylon Orion View Post
    love TB

hope he makes SWTOR his focus
    He would be smart too, since jesse will most likely be covering the wow mop beta. but TB has his sights set on gw2
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Not a big fan of this interview; I didn't really glean anything I didn't know already from it. Hopefully TB can start extricating a bit more information from them soon.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
    Not a big fan of this interview; I didn't really glean anything I didn't know already from it. Hopefully TB can start extricating a bit more information from them soon.
    Via another post on page 2, he did actually make a comment on Reddit about the lack of concrete information that came out of the itnerview:

Sorry folks, but it's rather hard to get interesting answers out of Bioware especially when their PR guy is in the room stopping him from talking.
    I think this'll probably be our last Bioware interview. As much as I like the company and enjoy the game, we can't really provide any value if we can't get any straight answers out of them. We tried our best
    http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._totalbiscuit/

TB doesn't have any inside information nor is he any more informed than anyone who bothers to do a little research.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Via another post on page 2, he did actually make a comment on Reddit about the lack of concrete information that came out of the itnerview:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen..._totalbiscuit/
    Oh dear. Well, GG Bioware, I suppose; you just lost a solid channel through which to trickle information.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    TB doesn't have any inside information nor is he any more informed than anyone who bothers to do a little research.
    That is certainly a possibility. Here was his response to a question about why the comments where closed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/commen...iscuit/c3ks7ne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    If he were so clueless, he wouldn't be as successful.

It's not like he's a politician or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. Well, GG Bioware, I suppose; you just lost a solid channel through which to trickle information.
    It was never gonna be a very good source of information. These game developers aren't at liberty to leak shit these days and usually have a leash attached to them. It's unfortunate but in part the community is to rabid and nuts to appreciate information like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It was never gonna be a very good source of information. These game developers aren't at liberty to leak shit these days and usually have a leash attached to them. It's unfortunate but in part the community is to rabid and nuts to appreciate information like that.
    Maybe I miss the good old days, where every interview would contain a gold nugget of information about the game's development, and keeping up with game news was an affair of trudging through a bajillion interviews to piece together all the patch notes.

*WISTFUL SIGH*