Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    I did read it. I am still confused as to why my rig works when many others like it don't. I was more asking you, since you seem to have an understanding of the issue beyond my own, if you have any insight on why.
    You are running the game on Mac that is why. Some systems are build better than others and Macs are configured better majority of Windows running computers, so it is not a surprise that less Mac users encounter problems with games such as SWTOR which requires ridiculous amount of memory and RAM to run properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Wow is just releasing their 64 bit client.

I don't think we will wait 7 years for SWTOR to do the same, but I am not hopeful for less then a year. I don't think it's trivial to do, then again, the software I work on is only 32 bit.
    In reality, we shouldn't have had to wait at all.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    In reality, we shouldn't have had to wait at all.
    This is true of all software in general. Not just gaming, but virtually the entire software industry has been extraordinarily slow to adopt x64. Hopefully with the EoS (end of support) of Windows XP and the prevalence of consumer-grade desktops with 4GB+ of RAM we might actually see some advancement.

I use have disk chugging on other games as well.. (especially on BF3 in higher details)

Solution? Upgrade to 64 bit OS and add more ram..

Never seen it again.