Page 1 of 2
LastLast

H Zonozz - Squeezing out DPS

So we pretty much have everything down after 10 or so attempts. We pushed him to enrage with almost no issues at all. We died with Zonozz at 9%, which is roughly 8M health. Basically, how can we improve our dps? Here's the logs:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...s=9960&e=10333

This attempt we did 7-7-7-3, but we ran out of time and didn't have a full 40 seconds of bloodlust, so I figure next time we'd only do 7-7-7-1. We're having the rogue cleaving the claw full time. We have the warrior kill one eye stalk, and then on to Zonozz. We have the Hunter and Lock killing one eye, then moving over and killing another flail and eye. The spriest and mage kill a flail and then move to kill two eyes. One notable issue to fix was confusion about not killing the adds during the 4th black phase, the warrior killed and eye, and the spriest and hunter did some extra dps to their targets as well before realizing they should be on Zonozz. This would put us closer to killing him, but still behind millions of health.

I think the main issue could be the spriest and lock. They do good dps relative to everyone else, but from what I've read they should be ahead of everyone else. What is the optimal lock spec? And how much should they be multi-dotting? Putting dots on Zonozz and then multi-dotting the adds also? It's definitely possible they are not the only issue (probably, since their dps appears to be far from bad). Have I read wrong information as well in terms of how much they should be doing?

Any help would be appreciated. The mage is not fire by the way, we didn't notice a big change in his dps when he was fire and the 3% raid damage was thus deemed better than maybe an extra 1000 or two personal dps.

Deleted
    When looking at your raids dmg OP, it does seem a bit low. I don't know what kind of gear your raiders have and honestly cbf going through their Amory. However, I just compared your Priest, Lock, Mage and Warrior with my own guilds and there's a somewhat big gap.

Here's a log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nt...?s=9164&e=9520

When you say that your Rogue is full time on the Cleaving the Claw, does that mean that he's cleaving the boss? Could be me being bad at understanding sorry, just wanna make sure, that's what he's doing.

We're doing 7-7-5-1 and on the last black phase we simply just ignore all adds, we rotate every possible CD and raid wall and burn it down.

About your Mage not being Fire. How experienced is your Mage at playing Fire? Cause our Mage pushed 46k as Fire. Again, I don't know what kind of gear you guys have but in comparison your Mage did 41k as Arcane. It may give more than 1k dps to have him go Fire?

Your Spriest and Lock both have the legendary, and your lock considerably outgears ours. I am curious about the warrior. What was he assigned to do this fight?

we did 7-5-5-5 and it gives you almost exactly 40 secs before the enrage

Deleted
    Your mage is arcane providing 3% dmg but if s/he was fire that'd be 5% crit + more personal DPS so that's one option. We have a very similar setup to yours, unfortunately I only have our first kill on WoL so here's that: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/l...?s=6456&e=6823

Our spriest sucked all the balls lol. But the main difference I see is our tank (your pally can do a biiit more, but still not quite as much as a druid) and our mage (fire spec). Also our rogue somehow did 5k more than yours but that's because he had more uptime on the claw since we didn't have a war with sweeping strikes helping him out. Short of recruiting a feral tank I'm not sure what you can do, perhaps the prot pally can focus a bit more on DPS reforges/glyphs but that'll only net you ~1-2 million more.

Don't underestimate how much DPS you lost by having 3 people not go on the boss right away either, in that last burn phase he gets absolutely shat on. Having them on the proper target instead of adds will definitely get you 5+ million more damgae imo.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-25 at 11:57 PM.

in our 25man we do 9-7-7-x

where x is the number of bounces we can get in til his enrage. When he is about to enrage hit him with the ball again and stack up and burn. gives you extra time to burn him down while he's channeling the tentacles up.

and your warrior isn't even sundering. that's tons of missing damage. make him replace the rapid charge glyph with the colossus smash glyph too to keep it up.

try to get your warlock and spriest to keep their dots up on zon'ozz during black phase.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-01-26 at 12:14 AM.

For our 10-man we do 9-9-5 and zerg on the 5th during black and ignore adds.

So you only do 3 main phases? Not 4?

Yeah, the pull - 9 bounces, black phase, normal - 9 bounces, black phase, normal (hero) - 5 bounces, black phase DEAD

Do you have any logs of this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Your Spriest and Lock both have the legendary, and your lock considerably outgears ours. I am curious about the warrior. What was he assigned to do this fight?
    Our Warrior was assigned to do, what I hope your Rogue was assigned to do - to stay full time on the boss and cleave the boss and the Claw. When the fight starts, I tank the boss in the middle as usual. But after the first black phase, I keep the boss right where the Claw spawns. This way the Warrior doesn't have to move, unless he needs to be dispelled and that gives him maximum uptime on the boss.

Also, by doing 7-7-5-1 having our Mage soak the last bounce with Cauterize, also gives us extra time. That could be another reason for your Mage to go Fire btw.

You need to realize the way those stacks are working.

We were hitting enrage with 9-5-5-5. We were hitting enrage with 7-5-5-5. We killed the boss easily with 5-5-5-5.

Don't forget, it's better to have 5 stacks early in the fight, than waste time till 7/9. The boss does NOT lose his stacks (there are still some clueless people out there who think that he gains +dmg taken only during the black phase) and it's better to go with LESS than with MORE.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

From mine experience we're doing 7-7-5-5 and its perfect. Boss have huge +dmg and we have enough time. Ur mage playing arcane is absolutly fine on that fight, im doing that too and im managing to take down flail solo with 3-4 hits if i have some luck. Overall dmg with fire might be higher but benefits from killing flail and eyes is superior. Less stress for healers and ure faster on boss.

Deleted
    I gotta admit your dps is a little lower than normal, specially with so much extra damage taken later on in the fight and while target switching in the black phase definitely is a factor to be taken into account, it's still rather low.

As LaPlace pointed out, doing 5-5-5-5 is a lot easier and it's something I've been trying to push in my own guild, but they seem to think that doing 7-5-5-5 is better, which I don't get. Maybe that will help.

10+ Year Old Account
    We did 9-7-7-3 on our first kill.
    If you hit the enrage at 7-7-7-3 - you probably spent too much time between bounces. Try to keep shorter distance between bouncers/camps during the sphere phase.

Deleted
    We do 7-7-5-3 and on the third black phase we kill the left side only. A bit more healing intensive though.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are 10man and we do 7-5-5-5(Hero and ignore add) and down him pretty much dead on enrage.

Deleted
    O.o at that DK tank healing. Is there something on this fight making them heal this much or is this the general state of blood death knights?

There's another reason to why 7-5-5-5 is worse than 5-5-5-5 (or should I say 5-x-x-x is better than 7-x-x-x): the second set of debuffs. You won't get it if you're going with 5. This extra set of debuffs coming when the orb deals a shitload of damage is BAD. It may wipe you if you're unlucky with 3 debuffs in the same group, and 5->7 is also much longer than 3->5.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.