Analyze our Mages - HM Yor'sahj

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...pes&boss=55312

This is our parse from last nights Yor attempts, which were pretty excruciating. I know we have more problems that our mages, but the disparity between them is alarming. Any insight you can provide would be invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Injek View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...pes&boss=55312

This is our parse from last nights Yor attempts, which were pretty excruciating. I know we have more problems that our mages, but the disparity between them is alarming. Any insight you can provide would be invaluable.
    From reading I don't think he/she is using combustion on black phases and spreading it.

Simple solution.
    --Frija is not spreading Combsution onto adds via IMPACT during add phase other 2 mages are...

--As far as the disperity between Whateveh and Grendillis they both spread combustion well on add phase but it appears to me that Whateveh is doin so with a bigger Ignite DoT than Grendillis is doing..

--This could be RNG etc etc getting big ignites at the right time is a luck factor often times as is the case with Fire some fights the Crit Gods love you and thus makin your damage skyrocket other times average...

--one thing to note WoL FireMage rankings top 100 etc takes into account the most RNG of RNG fights... so dont go off of that ever...
    Last edited by Frostful; 2012-01-26 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    Simple solution.
    Frija is not spreading Combsution onto adds via IMPACT during add phase other 2 mages are...

as far as the disperity between Whateveh and Grendillis they both spread combustion well on add phase but it appears to me that Whatevehis doin so with a bigger Ignite DoT than Grendillis is doing..
    this could be RNG etcetc getting big ignites at the right time is a luck factor often times as is the case with Fire some fights the Crit Gods love you and thus makin your damage skyrocket other times average...

one thing to note WoL FireMage rankings top 100 etc takes into account the most RNG of RNG fights... so dont go off of that ever...
    Ain't that the truth lol, was doing normal Warlord Zon'ozz the other night and got about 15 pyroblast! procs, one of which crit... was a slap in the face.

Deleted
    Yeah, i've also seen the RNG gods turn their back on me on normal Ultraxion, 7 pyroblast! procs... \o/ Fire is just ultimate RNG which just shows alot more on Yor'Sahj with Add cleaving with combustion... I've had moments where i've had 0 crits during the black phase... just... completely... fucked... up....

15+ Year Old Account
    Have in mind fire is a very RNG dependant spec and you can be exceptionally unlucky for a long period of time, for example not having impact proc ever, even if you're doing bw + db + fs on 10 enemies at the same time.