Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Analyze our Warlock - HM Yor'sahj

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...pes&boss=55312

This is our parse from last nights Yor attempts, which were pretty excruciating. I know we have more problems that our Warlock. Any insight you can provide would be invaluable.

Your Warlock is Affliction. His DPS is going to be pretty low because everyone else is getting massive inflated DPS for the black adds.

Is you are having an issue with the adds dying to slowly have him go Demonology.

I'm just guessing you are coming here to see why his/her DPS is low on the fight and everyone else is above him. Someone else will have to give you a more in depth of a "what he is doing wrong." kinda analyzation if that is what you are wanting.

Deleted
    I can't open that file for some reason. Get that sorted and I might be able to help out!

@RuyzakiaPCG Affliction is a totally viable spec for that fight. Demo is a notch better indeed, but there are people doing 65k dps as affliction on that fight. Top 40 for affliction (25man HM) DPS is 69.9-56k while the same for demo is 76.9 - 60.1. They're not that far between actually.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...pes&boss=55312 te link got broken web you copypasted it from other threads, heres a working link.

Well lets see what we can figure out here. His uptime is below garbage so that needs to be fixed. There's no reason whatsoever for his dots to be falling off. even if hes swapping to slime he should be able to refresh his dots fully on boss and soulswap to the add. Then during black phase he should tab UA the adds as they spawn and soulburn seed as they combine. then shadowflame all while still keeping his dots rolling on the boss and his shadowembrace stacked 3 times. If you need the extra aoe he can throw in a few seeds and another shadowflame but his dots should not be falling off the boss. His uptime on dots would signficantly improve the dps.
    Last edited by conz; 2012-01-26 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    My guild is working on this fight as well and I'm running it as aff for jinx on the adds. His dps does seem REALLY low though. Have him save his t13 4p for every black phase for soulburn seed and he should catch up on dmg.
    Mushrooms from Boomkins give the spell damage debuff too so if you have a Boomkin I would go Demonlogy for this fight.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

honestly i dont see that warlock is doing bad, he isnt gr8 but he isnt bad, why dont u worry about that mage w a legendary? oh u may say he is only single targeting even though he is still not doing well, in this fight u assign different ppl to different roles and dont expect them to pull similar dps, if u have problem w AOE let him go demo otherwise let him just single target while swaping dots to mana void/ooze, and a soul burned SOC when u have black ooze. and after that compare him to the arcane mage after subtracting the SOC damage, thats if u want to be fair.

yeah his dots are falling off a lot on the boss, he's gotta work on that. Playing affliction is a juggling act, mostly.

Further, How long was this attempt? The longest attempt you guys had as 6 minutes, and that fight is usually between 9 minutes and 10 minutes on your first kill. Worry more about dps when you guys are not making the enrage time and can get a full picture of what is going on.

Not to mention the fact that affliction warlock have an outstanding execute, so his dps should jump up considerably the longer you spend sub 25%. (But his dots are still falling off early).
    Last edited by Greg Gates; 2012-01-26 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have him keep up BoD on yorsajh if you guys are leaving up orbs. He can soul swap from the orb. For adds he should save soulburn for SB: SoC. If you arent getting any black, burn that 4pc asap. When the adds come out he should cast UA as much as he can before using SB:SoC. After that he needs to be in a good position for Shadowflame. Then its just about spamming SoC and shadowflame on CD until they are dead. Make sure CoE is on the boss and if you are tanking the adds on the boss, he should spam SoC from the boss. If you get double black and have to move for the 2nd group he can throw out corruptions,shadowflame and agony's while hes move towards an ooze.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

ignore the "DoT uptime is horrid img fail lock" posts.

and heres why:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2764&e=3348

that is the current top ranking aff lock on this fight, and his DoT uptime is sub 75% on almost all his DoTs.

wanna see aff lock put out good numbers on that fight? simple!

1. leave him and his ultra crazy slow as hell felhound on the boss 100% of the time. dont have him chase oozes so he can put DoTs on them, only to have each DoT tick MAYBE 3 times before its dead, the hound might get in one or two shadow bites as well, big whoop.

2. make sure the adds are all in one place, and that SoC (talented so that seed spreads corruption to everything) and shadowflame are being used on em.

3. get boss to 25%, and then kill boss.

aff is sub par dps until execute phase, and will always be so. once they get to exectute phase, they can easily go from last place in meters to the top 5. its just the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandpath View Post

and heres why:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2764&e=3348
    Using "top" Logs is a horrible comparison.

1. Most of those logs have people with Cunning of the Cruel, Legendary or both. Look at how much % those items can make up of your dps. Another affliction lock could outplay them in EVERY way, but still lose to them in dps because of those two items (in most cases, just cunning of the cruel).

2. Top parses reflect gear more than skill. Or meter padding (I.e. Blackhorn). You can look at the parses and instantly know what kind of gear that player has.

With that said, It's extremely easy to keep your dots up on this fight, so why not do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandpath View Post

1. leave him and his ultra crazy slow as hell felhound on the boss 100% of the time. dont have him chase oozes so he can put DoTs on them, only to have each DoT tick MAYBE 3 times before its dead, the hound might get in one or two shadow bites as well, big whoop.
    Lastly, this is what I'm talking about padding the meters. If your only after top dps, you aren't really helping the raid that much, except for on HUltraxion. You can stand in a spot that is in range of the boss and the ooze (once it has gone about 10yards towards the boss) and nuke them both, so why not help out your raid?

I feel like people claiming his dot uptime is horrible haven't done heroic 25 yorsahj >___>

Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    I feel like people claiming his dot uptime is horrible haven't done heroic 25 yorsahj >___>
    Horrible? No, but he could and should do better. He had like 60% uptime on bane of doom? granted i'd say it would be damn hard to keep it above 95%, but between 80% and 90% is not really a big deal.

Set yor as your focus, make macros to cast on your focus target and keep the dots up. Doing high dps is a juggling act, like I said.

Quote Originally Posted by mikep4567 View Post
    looking at a log (be it someone with gear or not) carries equal weight, either in bashing the guy, or in saying, DoT uptime is not the reason his dps is low. im a bit more pragmatic when it comes to throwing guildmates under the bus. his DoT uptime ISNT the issue clearly, as that top parsing lock out dpsed everyone in the OPs guild with very low DoT uptime.

Lastly, this is what I'm talking about padding the meters. If your only after top dps, you aren't really helping the raid that much, except for on HUltraxion. You can stand in a spot that is in range of the boss and the ooze (once it has gone about 10yards towards the boss) and nuke them both, so why not help out your raid?
    yer absolutely right(and on my lock i think i do well), but this guy wanted to see the lock put out bigger numbers, my suggestions would have done exactly that.

my main point is that low uptimes on this boss are common, and NOT the main cause of his position on the meters, as some are suggesting.

Wanted to advice somthing but after reading this topic i see there are sooooo many PRO locks here it is not worth. some ppl here missing few important things probably but nvm. and demo/affli is bouth awesome on this fight. 3 weeks ago did 5th ranked in demo, week ago 2nd in affli and this week 1st again in affli.

Deleted
    I am not a pro, I would really really appreciate to read what Povi has to say, for I suck so hard on this fight with my Affli in 10man

No, no its not. I don't care if they have Cunning of the Cruel and the Legendary and you don't. I don't care if their iLvL is higher than yours. I dont care if they are getting Tricks of the Trade and you aren't. None of that is going to make up for low dot up-time, not using your CD's properly, etc. I JUST had this convo with a fellow Spriest who thinks he can use the "I dont have a Legendary" excuse. All I had to do with do a comparison (to a Spriest that has higher iLvL, Legendary, and CotC) to show him his faults. In the same fight (H Ultraxion) with the same exact kill time (5:10) the logged Spriest was able to cast 13 more Mind Blasts, another Shadowfiend, in addition to having a higher dot up-time than my guildee. You saying using top logs to compare is horrible proves to me your inability to dissect information and learn from it.

P.S. If you really hate seeing the damage the trinket and legendary do, remove it from damage done, then divide by the time it took to kill the boss. I am willing to bet they still did more DPS.

Looking at the longest attempt 6:04 your lock had a corruption up time of of about 50%. All the his dots are really low. Should he have to switch to the oozes, as affliction I would leave him on boss, then he needs to stay w/in the water and continue to dps the boss until he can turn and dps the ooze. You do not have an ele shaman so unless your lock is worse at demo than affliction he needs to switch. If he gives you the excuse that his gear is not setup for demo tell him to shove it. Demo can be played w/ haste and pull decent numbers. The relative stats are not going to significantly change his output switching specs.

Gear wise he is not too bad. His haste might be a bit high. 2681 is the last appreciable break point affliction. He could safely reforge a bit of haste into mastery since he has a demo offspec. Gloves of liquid smoke would be a nice dps upgrade for him. Just a note of caution should he choose to use WoU on yor'sahj he needs to be very careful to CAST every 10 seconds as demo or he'll lose that stack. Its pretty easy if you are focusing on aoe to let a hellfire channel fully and then the stack is gone. If he has MWC he needs to be using that with demo till he has heroic trinkets.

I play as demo and have ranked on heroic yor'sahj, if you get the right positioning between the oozes and yor'sahj there is really no reason bod should ever fall off... or immo for that matter. I could see maybe corrupt dropping for a bit..

I could see if your guild has a really hard time getting oozes down on heroic and they need extra attention, but other than that stick a portal underneath the boss LEAVE UR PET ON THE BOSS so he isn't herp derp'ing to the ooze and all the way back. Keep ur dots up and aoe hard on black phase..

Deleted
    Quick question, i keep my felguard out for this fight on my lock, mostly for the aoe in black phase, would it be more beneficial to summon puppy after felstorm and hardcast felguard back on black phases?