Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warning to those with 'funny' names. ban incoming.

This morning, I was banned from SWTOR. Why? Because of the 100s of people who thought "Darth Fetus Aborted" was humorous, one jerk didn't and reported me, and the GMs just automatically banned me.

I tried to make a thread this morning, but my account is too new and it keeps saying i need mod approval.

---------- Post added 2012-01-25 at 09:22 PM ----------

Ok good. it looks like it lets you post short messages, but nothing long enough to post the whole email.

Honestly, I'm kind of glad for that. I hate seeing names like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get why you put funny in quotation marks, because it's not funny at all. It's stupid.

Also before anyone calls me anything for not thinking it's funny, I don't give a shit about abortions and all that crap. It's just stupid to use names like that in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Wow, they ban people for having incredibly inappropriate names...

...which is clearly laid out in the ToS, with a permanent ban being one of the possible consequences.

Now if this is true what made you think you wouldn't get banned?

Because there is always some carebear out there who's trying to live your life.

yeah, that names not funny, at all. Good to see your getting your self banned before you get a chance to act like a douche in game. congrats.

Whoa, you attaracted some flamers to this thread...
    Firstly they are kind of correct
    Secondly, it's a game to not expect this is retarded, to not see them is worrisome. Kind of extreme to ban someone. Or is it a temp ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Fake and Gay
    They never said it was real and heterosexual.

I really don't care about the name to be honest, but why not just have me change it? I only used it because I had the name in wow for my gnome deathknight (cause they look like dead babies). Bioware didn't ban anyone who exploited the credit dupes, or the people who abused the bugs in Ilum to become battlemaster overnight (yet). A silly name isn't hurting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by giowatcher View Post
    Whoa, you attaracted some flamers to this thread...
    Firstly they are kind of correct
    Secondly, it's a game to not expect this is retarded, to not see them is worrisome. Kind of extreme to ban someone. Or is it a temp ban?
    If it was borderline I could agree that it's extreme, but come on, if that name isn't obvious that it would be classed as offensive I don't know what is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should have just forced you to change it rather than ban you, but you have to realize there will always be players on crusade to report anything and everything they see. They say it's to protect children or some hogwash, but it's really they are just butt sore from life. (As if 7th grade algebra is so hard)

I think that name is fucking hilarious. Haters gonna hate.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

You deserved it.
    Now that a mod has posted in this thread, it will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elementpb View Post
    but why not just have me change it?

A silly name isn't hurting anyone.
    You broke the rules which you agreed to before making the name in the first place. Just letting you change it would be to just let a thief return the stolen goods instead of sending him to jail. You did something wrong, whether you were aware or not. I presume you just scrolled to the bottom of the ToS instead of actually reading it. I could be wrong. Fact remains that you did something wrong, you got caught, and now you have to deal with the consequences.

And it's not up to you decide whether the "silly" name hurts somebody or not. Do you know how everybody else feel? Can you speak for everybody else? I doubt it.
    Last edited by Goldpaw; 2012-01-26 at 02:39 AM.

I don't get it why so many people find it hilarious to name their characters all kinds of nasty and inappropriate things. Just the other day I bumped in to a Mr. Analspill, I mean really?

Grow up is all I have to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your name was actually funny, then I would be a little upset they banned you, but that's just stupid...

10+ Year Old Account
    hate the "cleverness" of "clever" names that ppl tend to use and think "hey thats a clever and funny name, i should give him my wife"...
    if just one people think its offensive, it should be enough.

it's just like the "i'm 14 and what is this?" (as far as i remember 14 was the age when i did my account, so in before a ban)

anyway, you deserved just a temp ban...hope that was the case.
    Last edited by shimargh; 2012-01-26 at 02:42 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's a pretty politically charged name, I can see why it's against the rules. But a ban?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Ban was justified seeing as you can't understand why that name is bannable.