Thread: Coop games

15+ Year Old Account

Coop games

Looking for some fun coop games to play with muh bf. We've beaten re5 and portal 2 and we have trine 2 but meh. I was thinking darkspore but he doesn't wanna play it, he was thinking tor but meh. I don't think he'll go for dead island or borderlands or diablo 2, so looking for some suggestions besides those listed. Pc only please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon Defenders. It's a mix between tower defense and action rpg(think like Diablo). It's a pretty fun game and only 15$ from Steam, though you can get it for much less if you wait for a sale.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I might be totally un-helpful for a second. My best coop game:

Awwww yeeeeah.

*ahem* That silliness aside, you've got/beaten some of the best already, but you could try out Fable 3 as well. Also, if you're willing to go for something a bit more MMO-y, give Dragon Nest a shot. It's a great game for 2 players to team up and kill stuff in for a few hours. Also: Are you playing networked, or do you play in the same room/house? If you're playing locally, my wife and I have had hours of fun trading the controller back and forth in Super Meat Boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Magicka is really good.

But if you are ok with an older game, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, is one of the best co-op games ever made. Unfortunately it's older so you'll have to go through Amazon/ebay over steam (or you cold call to see if you could order it at your local gamestop.)

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Ret.../dp/B0000C0Z0O
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

Not necessarily a coop game, but Terraria is pretty damn fun, especially with another person to play with.

I second Magicka, Terraria and Dungeon Defenders. If you play Terraria, though, you should try to progress at the same pace. It's not fun if one of you still has copper gear and the other is swinging around a Night's Edge.
    Maybe also the Unreal Tournament games? I forget if the older ones had coop campaigns but I'm pretty sure 3 does.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the suggestions. We're pretty much just waiting for diablo 3 and tera, just needed some stuff till then.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2012-01-26 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A note of warning about Magicka: It doesn't really run that well on some hardware, and the game is much more hardcore than it appears. My wife and I are both gamers through-and-through, and we quit in disgust after a few hours of getting completely routed by mobs. I get the feeling that the game was ultimately tuned for 4 players and not properly scaled down for less. Your mileage may very, of course.

The left for dead series is pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Minrolol View Post
    The left for dead series is pretty fun.
    if you enjoyed those then you should give payday the heist a shot.
    mad fun game with tons of re playability and on the hardest difficulties it is actually pretty hard to get the missions done so youll be good for a while as opposed to l4d which we burned through on the hardest very quick (we also did survivals which took a little longer but still)

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    A note of warning about Magicka: It doesn't really run that well on some hardware, and the game is much more hardcore than it appears. My wife and I are both gamers through-and-through, and we quit in disgust after a few hours of getting completely routed by mobs. I get the feeling that the game was ultimately tuned for 4 players and not properly scaled down for less. Your mileage may very, of course.
    Except that it's possible to get through the game solo, and I don't think the game scales much if at all dependent on how many players there are (since part of the difficulty in multiplayer is getting killed by your allies). You weren't tossing random elements and hoping that's how to kill everything, were you?

Off the top of my head, I can imagine two mobs that could cause a little grief, the necromancers and the yetis (perhaps even the bigger phasing demons in significant numbers).
    -Keep in mind that most if not all undead can be killed with the life element, healing mines are great against zombies. Of course, that won't kill the necros. Don't remember quite how I dealt with them, probably shielded and ran in to spam ASF aoe until it died then spammed mines.
    -Yetis are taken out pretty quickly and easily with the lightning bolt spell (that one is fairly hard to miss, if I remember correctly), though that'll only help with the ones outside. Teleport is helpful, too, think it's one of the only ways to escape getting eaten. Since you played with your wife (or so I assume from your wording), could have one person wet the enemy then have one person freeze it and maintain the freeze while the other applies dps.

Left for dead

Killing Floor (been hooked on this game with few buddies, insane re playability)

Darkness 2 (coming out soon)

I invite you to check out the following site: http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

I loved Borderlands. Kinda a cross between Fallout 3 and Diablo

Borderlands. Sooooo greatttttt.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Deleted
    Borderlands, Torchlight 2 (When it comes out), Magicka, Terraria, World of Warcraft?