[GW1] Possible Account Compromised

I was logging on to GW1 tonight and got a pretty little greeting saying my account is closed and may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual (Code=045). This is the first time I've seen this in 6 years of playing. I sent Support an email and such, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this, and had gotten their account back afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I would call them. I don't like leaving it up to text to get things done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've had this happen, make sure you have atleast one of the activation codes for the campaigns you have (EoTN, Factions, NF or Proph), they say you'll need all three but I got by with just my EoTN. Calling would probably be faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I had this happen once and to be honest I suspect it wasnt a compromise but more they detected me loging in from different computers in different areas(was traveling) took about 2 days of emails to get it back, probably would have been faster if I'd called. Like blaze said you'll need at least one of your product activation keys. I wasnt even missing anything when I got access back.

Who is John Galt?

GW1 had terrible security. TERRIBLE. (As in like, there was a bug that you would log into your account and suddenly would be one someone elses account for no explainable reason.) Don't remember where I saw it, but apparently there was reports of talking between Arenanet and the people who make Blizzard's authenticators, so hopefully it will not be an issue in GW2.
    (MIF, FIND IT FOR ME)

But yes, it happened to me. Twice, actually. The first time is what stopped me from going back to GW1 after quitting to work on my HoM a while ago, since half of my toons were missing 1-3 pieces of armor. The second time they actually closed my account (Thank god) and happened to time it well enough that the hackers had farmed me 50 ectos, paying for my last 3 points in my HoM.
    I had no keys, or anything like that, so like 10 questions about my personal info. I only got like half of them, as some were like.. "What credit card did you use at the time of purchase?" and other questions that I had no way of answering, but they re-opened my account all the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Don't remember where I saw it, but apparently there was reports of talking between Arenanet and the people who make Blizzard's authenticators, so hopefully it will not be an issue in GW2.
    (MIF, FIND IT FOR ME)
    I already reposted it today

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Mmm.. haven't seen that in months since it was first posted. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
    I really hope they release a mobile version. Even if it's not free. Just for convenience.

Well this tale had a happy ending. Even at this late hour someone helped me out and unfroze my account, just an hour or 2 after I made the request. Very satisfied with the support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Well this tale had a happy ending. Even at this late hour someone helped me out and unfroze my account, just an hour or 2 after I made the request. Very satisfied with the support
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I had no keys, or anything like that, so like 10 questions about my personal info. I only got like half of them, as some were like.. "What credit card did you use at the time of purchase?" and other questions that I had no way of answering, but they re-opened my account all the same.
    This happened to me as well. I hadn't played in at least 2 years and came back to work on HoM, and got the error posted in the OP. Had no keys, no info, nuthin. They actually responded surprisingly fast, said they made an "exception" for me and reopened the account.

10+ Year Old Account
    The log into someone else's account thing happened to me recently i was like WTF, but i'm not a bastard and just logged out.