Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    This is why more game companies need to support Macs.
    Now if only more games like SWTOR were Mac friendly.
    Ohoho. Assuming it should be up to the game manufacturer to spend time and resources to make their game work on a platform with a 10% user base, rather than the responsibility of the creator of the platform. Why can't apple make games "just work", as they like to claim everything does on their miracle OS?

  2. #42
    Brewmaster juzalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,281


    Apple products are just Incredible, Beautiful, Amazing!

    The other companies obviously need more adjectives.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Logbc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY/MA
    Posts
    508
    ipod and ipad sales really took off this last quarter

    ____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Noobadin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,019
    Not that surprising seeing how they dominate the mp3/tablet markets and have a huge chunk in the smartphone market too.

  5. #45
    If they have so much money, why don't they bring all those jobs they have out sourced to other countries back home? It's not like the really need that much money on reserve when they could bring tens of thousands of jobs to the US.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    And what matters is hardware sales.
    Hardware sales matter to a hardware company. Which Apple is. Google is primarily a software company. For the most part, they don't really care which phone you buy as long as its got their software on it (although they do actually make a phone).

    They're not competing in the same game.

  7. #47
    Hahaha, reading through this thread just makes me go:
    "In this thread: Butthurt Android fanboys..."

    It's very simple. Android is good. Apple is good. In some people's opinion Android is better. In most people's opinion Apple is better. Just accept it, congratulate Apple on their absolutely amazing quarter / year and quit being butthurt. It's not like there's no reason for Apple's success; people decided they wanted to buy an Apple product, and most of the people I know are still very happy with their decission.

    Just chill out, this is not war, this is healthy competition that keeps the market moving.
    Please.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    So people would spend 1,200 for a computer because its from Apple, rather than spend 600 dollars for the exact same specs but windows (better operating system too).

    Pretty much sums up why we are so much in debt.
    Yes, just like people who spend $90,000 on a Mercedes-Benz S Class when they could spend $20,000 on a Toyota Camry for the exact same purpose of driving to/from work.

    Totally why the country is in so much debt.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

  9. #49
    Instead of supporting only one product go buy all of them, screw the human rights and praise the corps. Apple simply feels way too limited compared to the world of PC.

    Last edited by Yam; 2012-01-26 at 05:43 AM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Yes, just like people who spend $90,000 on a Mercedes-Benz S Class when they could spend $20,000 on a Toyota Camry for the exact same purpose of driving to/from work.

    Totally why the country is in so much debt.
    Yet, his analogy was sound as it is the same thing(see "exact same specs") for different prices, whereas comparing a Mercedes to a Camry is not. If Mercedes and camrys were the exact same car yet you paid 70k more for the mercedes because of the brand name THEN your comparison would be close. try harder.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    Hahaha, reading through this thread just makes me go:
    "In this thread: Butthurt Android fanboys..."

    It's very simple. Android is good. Apple is good. In some people's opinion Android is better. In most people's opinion Apple is better. Just accept it, congratulate Apple on their absolutely amazing quarter / year and quit being butthurt. It's not like there's no reason for Apple's success; people decided they wanted to buy an Apple product, and most of the people I know are still very happy with their decission.

    Just chill out, this is not war, this is healthy competition that keeps the market moving.
    Please.
    In most peoples opinions Apple is better, in any tech savvy person who knows anything about computers or potential of an OS, Android is better. This is not an opinion, this is a fact. Apple is a lot more user friendly, and I will say less buggy. But in terms of potential, Android OS owns it. Root and mod a phone, fix permission issues, and congratz on your super phone.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Yam View Post
    Instead of supporting only one product go buy all of them.

    Somebody has to pick my cotton!
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcons View Post
    Ohoho. Assuming it should be up to the game manufacturer to spend time and resources to make their game work on a platform with a 10% user base, rather than the responsibility of the creator of the platform. Why can't apple make games "just work", as they like to claim everything does on their miracle OS?
    It's not so much about the user base as it is that Apple doesn't put much if any development into Opengl which makes it a pain in the ass for developers to develop their own workarounds. The last update to Opengl was in 2010. Apple rather make their customer base use bootcamp to get windows based applications to run it seems.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Yes, just like people who spend $90,000 on a Mercedes-Benz S Class when they could spend $20,000 on a Toyota Camry for the exact same purpose of driving to/from work.

    Totally why the country is in so much debt.
    In order for your comparative analogy to work the Camry would have to out-perform the S, and you would not be able to buy gas for the Mercedes from about 40% of all stations in your respective country. You would also be legally restricted from doing any type of repair on your Mercedes.

  15. #55
    Basically this just proves that releasing the same product with a couple upgrades will is profitable.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  16. #56
    Mechagnome ThatInternet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Shrine of Talos
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    I cant stand Apple. And i dont see how all the fan girls and fan boys will buy everything they spit out religiously. Its weird to say the least.
    I could say the same about android users and people who build their own PC's. People are annoying not the userbase of a brand.
    dictated but not read.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra View Post
    In most peoples opinions Apple is better, in any tech savvy person who knows anything about computers or potential of an OS, Android is better.
    Luckily, "tech savvy" people aren't the majority of the market.
    You're a minority.
    I'm "tech savvy" myself, yet I own an iPhone and an iPad myself and I'm damn happy with them. As you say, the iOS is more user friendly and less buggy. I don't want to constantly watch my steps on what I do just because my phone's OS doesn't give a jack on what's being done with it, and I don't want to spend hours tweaking shit just to get somewhere close to what I could have with just buying a FINISHED product.

    But I'm not here to argue.



    Grats Apple, let's see how the inovations flow under Cook's lead.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
    Yes, just like people who spend $90,000 on a Mercedes-Benz S Class when they could spend $20,000 on a Toyota Camry for the exact same purpose of driving to/from work.

    Totally why the country is in so much debt.
    there is a tiny flaw in your analogy. you can get the same, or better performance out of a $600 dollar PC that you could get out of a 2,500 dollar Mac. you cannot get the same performance out of a stock toyota camry that you can get out of a benz s class.

    if you honestly want a Mac.. build a hackintosh and save $1,500. your getting the exact same components, performance, and the same operating system. just without the huge "brand name" mark up. saying that a Mac is just better because you spend 2,500 on it is just as ridiculous as saying that because your hula hoop that you bought for 2,500 dollars is immensely better than your neighbor's hula hoop that he bought for 5 bucks.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    I cant stand Apple. And i dont see how all the fan girls and fan boys will buy everything they spit out religiously. Its weird to say the least.
    Because they work. Unbeknownst to you, there are other reasons to own a computer, say for graphics, editing, or Audio engineering, where mac's are far ahead, not because of hardware but because of licensing.
    Macbook Pro i7 2.66GHz OSX Snow Leopard Bootcamp Windows 7 Ultimate
    Mac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz 8GB DDR2 NVidia GeForce 7800GT

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcuse View Post
    Luckily, "tech savvy" people aren't the majority of the market.
    You're a minority.
    I'm "tech savvy" myself, yet I own an iPhone and an iPad myself and I'm damn happy with them. As you say, the iOS is more user friendly and less buggy. I don't want to constantly watch my steps on what I do just because my phone's OS doesn't give a jack on what's being done with it, and I don't want to spend hours tweaking shit just to get somewhere close to what I could have with just buying a FINISHED product.

    But I'm not here to argue.



    Grats Apple, let's see how the inovations flow under Cook's lead.
    As a tech savvy person then you should know all you need to do is hook your phone to your computer, run a batch file to root it, install a bootstrap/safestrap, flash your ROM and then run your permissions fix. A total of 20 minutes if you know what you are doing. So there really isn't an "hours of tweeking". Just getting done what needs to be done. No more than needing to factory reset your phone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •