Building new computer, some advice?

The last time I built a computer (the machine I'm currently on) I built it using an AMD dual core processor (when dual cores were just coming out.)

I'm looking for input on whether I should continue to use AMD, or Intel, and why? I'm not really interested in hearing some real long line of stuff I don't really understand (I can build a computer, but when it comes to knowing just how fast machines run and what causes them to, I'm pretty illiterate lol.) I've heard Intel is very good now, when I built this machine that wasn't as much the case and was told go amd over and over.

I'm currently using an Asus motherboard and absolutely love it, and will probably continue to be a loyal customer to them.

And about cases? The one I used to build this one was one of the see-through cases, and wasn't built very well and was going for more aesthetics than thinking "well, it'd be nice to have something a bit quieter or have better air flow.") What's a good looking case, that's built well, and offers very good cooling and is quiet? (Which brings me to ask is liquid cooling only important if one considers overclocking? I see no reason for myself to really overclock, I only play wow, and that's about the only reason I log on my desktop computer.)

Video cards and RAM? I've always enjoyed Nvidia cards and will probably intend on staying with them, but if someone has any input feel free to help =D)

I just want to be able to run the 25 mans, without running at 15 fps even with graphics turned all the way down, it doesn't have to be a 2000 dollar machine, but I'm curious if it can be built for 700-1200$ or so.

However I'm just posting to hear other peoples experiences with products, why they support what they do etc.

Thanks

Deleted
    I'll keep it short, right now there is absolutely no doubt Intel is the way to go for a gaming build with your budget. If we are talking gaming Intel CPU's beats AMD CPU's in almost every situation.

This build will make you able to run WoW more or less at max settings and the possibility of overclocking. I know you mentioned you didn't plan on OC but this will give you an idea what you're looking at for budget. As for the GPU you can really choose whatever you prefer I just wanted to show you some choices. If you wanna save some money, you can drop the GPU to a AMD 6870 which is more than fine for WoW.

Both case suggestions are great choices, it really comes down to which you think looks the best or suits your needs the best. I know you said ASUS for MB but it's hard to beat the price /performance of the Asrock one. If you really just want something that "just" runs WoW on medium+ and isn't too worried about future games etc. we can tweak it all to something even cheaper.

Re:

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 --- Case : $94.99
    Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3 GHz --- CPU : $229.99
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Motherboard : $209.99
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8G --- RAM : $46.99
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Ti 1.2gig 320 bit --- Video : $339.99
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500g --- Hard Drive : $129.99
    Logitech MX 5500 Revolution KB/Mouse Combo --- KB/Mouse : $99.99
    ASUS DVD/CD Burner--- CD/DVD : $18.99
    Thermaltake TR-700P 700w --- Power Supply : $89.99
    Arctic Silver Thermal Compound --- Thermal Compound : $12.98

Edited a few of the items, and after debating and asking around I'm thinking of just going with the i5 2500k, it's 100$ cheaper, and given my primary game is wow, and the only game I'll probably play other than that is GW2 when it comes out, and I think this should do just fine. This of course is all given on the amount I get around income tax time lol, so I can either go all out or try to be a bit more conservative. Is 700 watt's enough? I could probably scrap the 500gig hard drive and just go with the 320 as I do very little downloading (and it's currently what I use anyways.)

Thanks for all of your input =)
    Last edited by BurningSkies2018; 2012-01-27 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Changed products