Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the legacy will involve "heirloom" items. Such as empty mod gear, relics, weapons, droid (C3-PO, R2D2 come to mind made by his father inherited by Luke). I would love if you could have decendents as alts or companions with racial mix like a human and a Voss etc with a skin tint and other cosmetic features.

I'd really like to be able to manage crew skills of my other characters. It would be nice to level up while sending my main's companions on missions.

I just hope we unlock features, instead of just items and titles. I like all of the features that the OP suggested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throw increase to mount/sprint speed on the list. I think that's coming sooner rather than later.

Ewok companions and a millenium falcon starship, outfits from the films for characters possible stat benefits as well nothing too major.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    Awesome Legacy Idea that will Never Be Implemented:

Use one of your Legacy characters as a CPU-controlled companion... O.o

Would be awesome but doubt they'd ever do it.

Maybe they could even allow them to be higher level, or put some kind of level cap on them... wouldn't it be cool while leveling an alt to but out your level 50 Shadow Tank to help with a class boss? Or maybe they cap it at 2-3 levels ABOVE your current level... meaning if you're level 23 your main gets scaled down to level 25 while acting as a companion.

But it would encourage more playtime, leveling an alt, etc.

Maybe not such a bad idea after all?
    That would actually be a really cool idea. I too doubt that they will actually do something like that, but it's cool nonetheless and fits in with the whole "family" idea.

Also loving the Dye system idea for the family crest.

In the crewskills window (and maybe the trainers as well -- cant remember?) there's an option to sort your skills by grade of item, of which one is called *Legacy*, along with Premium, Prototype, Artifact etc. So Im guessing there will be some sort of Legacy related crafting schematics!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good guess.. Wonder how that will actually work out but nice spot, I totally forgot abt that

Deleted
    I would love some sort of Family skill button much like the companion button that plays epic music.

Only this one summons the tied in family member, e.g you get a sister/brother/husband/wife/friend skill each time you link to someone on your legacy, its a fairly long cooldown(1 hour) and its a shared CD among all the family skills.

The summoned family member appears in the look and gear they're currently wearing for 30 seconds and does stuff related to what class they are.

I can just have a vision of my Jedi guardian popping the cooldown and his sister Shadow uncloaking and coming to DPS for 30 seconds with epic star wars music. I'm hoping chiss is an unlockable race for smugger so i can link up my smugger and bounty hutner as sisters. Pop the cooldown my smugglers Sister bounty hunter(merc) flies in and comes to heal or DPS.

Seeing the characters i play helping their family members im currently playing in every day play would be the height of coolness, is it technically feasable..i have no clue..id love it tho.

A lot of these are really good ideas, but I think a lot of you people are out of your minds. :P

I'm picturing stuff like "20% more exp in PvP" and "Gets a mount at level 15". "May make a Chiss Inquisitor" (basically any race that is naturally part of your faction able to be any class) and the next step up from that would be "May make a Miraluka Inquisitor" (any republic race can be a sith class, etc).
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Though I would LOVE to have the ability to send BOP items to my "family" I think it would cause HUGE problems

Thats what I would like most.

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMan View Post
    I'd really like to be able to manage crew skills of my other characters. It would be nice to level up while sending my main's companions on missions.

I just hope we unlock features, instead of just items and titles. I like all of the features that the OP suggested.
    Holy balls batman I really love this idea!!!!!!

Questing on my alt, logging my main and POOF 16 slicing boxes!