Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do people buy spaceship upgrades?

Seems to be a lack of these on my server and they are selling for a lot compared to cost of mats even the lowest grade ones. Are these things required or are space missions something hardly anyone does and I shouldn't waste my time?

Completists will. People who want their daily fleet comms with minimal effort will. People who like to have purple items instead of blue items will (read: the entire MMO playing community) So yes, they sell. :-)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The space mission are really fun and these upgrade are better than the one you can buy at vendor of 1 grade higher so it can be a good way to make money at short therm.
    Since its very easy to get the schematic and to make them at longer therm it will not work

yea i noticed the missions give sick amounts of exp so figured it would be a good market to get into. And who doesnt like pimping their ride?

I make em and yeah, they sell pretty well.
    Yub Yub

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sold numerous upgrades for 30k a pop or more. They weren't horribly hard to make either.

Currently I'm earning more credits than I spend, even after having bought the VIP Band and a 1,5 Mill mount, so I figured why the hell not.

I sell the top blue ones for about 20k, and the purple for 60-70k each. They sell out everytime. Probably need to raise the prices.

Gonna have 2 chars with UWT so mats should rain. Should I bother with scavenging I know it goes with it but was thinking about taking treasure hunting cause them epic gems on my server go for 2-8k each even lvl 1s and 2s. Figure I can just buy the normal metals off the GTN.

Once I bought the grade 5 ship ugprades, all the missions became pretty easy, so I haven't bought anything past those.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Once I bought the grade 5 ship ugprades, all the missions became pretty easy, so I haven't bought anything past those.
    Pretty sure they will add harder missions in a patch in the future. Only makes sense as they are probably easy to code and make compared to say a fullblown instance

Deleted
    did it a few times though you can manage with the green ones from the vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    did it a few times though you can manage with the green ones from the vendor
    yea but thats like putting 20s on your car when you can have 30s

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Have you done any of the last five or so? I haven't unlocked the final final mission, but given the difficulty of Drexel and Zosha and the Kovor bonuses, I'm expecting a serious challenge.

(I'm assuming full bonuses according to what's available to your level and doesn't absolutely require protorps [as opposed to ~20 missiles]. If you don't do the bonuses, you're passing on easy money.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't yet, but I probably will when 1.1.1 hits and the last space mission gives daily commendations too.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Deleted
    Yes, they are my steady income! I make about 8 every day and almost sell them all the same day.

Using Cybertech, Underworld en Scavenging are the perfect combi.

Making them for about 10k each and selling them for 35k+

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah those last ones are pretty tough for me even with every purple upgrade I could get :P. Though I'm not exactly a pro heh.

As long as you buy the vendor upgrades appropriate for your level, all of the space missions are pretty easy. I did spend Fleet Tokens on a Power Converter, which also helped, but I haven't done any space missions since I got the ~370ish tokens, and bought an Epic level 50 bag.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Have you done any of the last five or so? I haven't unlocked the final final mission, but given the difficulty of Drexel and Zosha and the Kovor bonuses, I'm expecting a serious challenge.
    I should amend that I also have all the fleet commendation upgrades as well, minus the torpedoes because I'm better at aiming with missiles. XD I've done all the missions that are available to me at 50, including the one that gave me the Hot Shot Pilot title. I get most of the bonuses, though there are one or two (surprisingly on the lower-level missions - there's one that requires 10 shields on those ships and I always end with 9/10 for whatever reason) that I don't get. I'm Empire and I think you're referring to Republic missions, so I'm afraid I'm not sure which one is equivalent for me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need...more...missiles!

Yes they do buy them, space missions are a blast if you keep your ship with best-in-slot.

there's one that requires 10 shields on those ships and I always end with 9/10 for whatever reason) that I don't get.
    I know what missions is that, and i learned that the last generator is on that space station right before the end. But i just cant seem to get all of them in time.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-01-26 at 10:52 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.