Deleted

Feral druids and shaman, how can i kill that damn shammy

Hey ive recently started doing pvp on my feral druid im about 388 ilvl and whenever me and my partner come up against a shaman its a real struggle to beat them even after they are oom. any tips help ?

Shamans are really hard to kill when they have all their cooldowns up with earthshield. You might want to try starting on dps first and swapping to shaman after forcing his spirit link by chain ccing shaman

Deleted
    Just keep the pressure up - it takes forever, but they do die.

Unless they have a partner who isn't a warrior. Also if you're playing w/ a disc, make sure he helps you when you're bursting.

Deleted
    More details like who you're playing with (healer or dps, if so what class), I play with a mm hunter and we usually don't have problems with shaman healer + dps teams. Aside from spirit link totem and nature swiftness he doesn't have many ways to run. Use predatory swiftness to insta cyclone/root/hibernate (if possible) his partner to prevent him from peeling. He's usually dead by the time berserk ends. Also make sure you apply rip (or is it rake i always mix them up) with 5 CP and tiger fury up in the beginning. Use bear bash/5 CP maim when needed. I find shaman healers way easier to kill then palas and priests tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    More details like who you're playing with (healer or dps, if so what class), I play with a mm hunter and we usually don't have problems with shaman healer + dps teams. Aside from spirit link totem and nature swiftness he doesn't have many ways to run. Use predatory swiftness to insta cyclone/root/hibernate (if possible) his partner to prevent him from peeling. He's usually dead by the time berserk ends. Also make sure you apply rip (or is it rake i always mix them up) with 5 CP and tiger fury up in the beginning. Use bear bash/5 CP maim when needed. I find shaman healers way easier to kill then palas and priests tbh.
    I'm pretty sure he's playing healer/dps - shaman's unlikely to be oom in double DPS vs healer DPS.

Put all your dots, when he dont have his trinket and is about half hp pool energy, main 5cp him, hit berserk spam shred, ferocious bite if your energy is low tf. If he dont die he will be very low and will try to cast a heal, be sure not to be faked and score the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    Hey ive recently started doing pvp on my feral druid im about 388 ilvl and whenever me and my partner come up against a shaman its a real struggle to beat them even after they are oom. any tips help ?
    With most healers, on a feral, it's about patience. See, most ferals run around and spam shred, whenever they have enough energy. Rip + rake, when necessary, and that's it.

This will work on most melee, but healers are different.

Sit on the healer, and get rip and rake up like usual. Save TF and berzerk. ONLY shred or mangle when you are hitting full energy, and let his health start to go down slowly from your damage and dots. When he get's close to half health, or lower, he will start to panic....make sure you are sitting on 5 CPs, and maim him. DO NOT USE TF or BERZERK YET. When you maim him when he's at 50% health or less with dots ticking, he WILL trinket and try to get a heal off. That's fine, let him do that, and slowly build back up energy, combo points, rip and rake, etc.

Now that he has no trinket, it's time to start juggling maim with skull bash. Just keep auto attacking, make sure rip and rake are up (and faerie fire), and keep your energy high. When he get's to half again, he will start to heal. Skull bash. Make sure you can get to 5 CPs again, and when skullbash ends he thinks he can free cast. Maim, THEN TF + Berzerk (in that order) and GO TO TOWN shredding. Your skullbash will be off cooldown once maim ends, so block another heal. Hopefully your partner can throw in some CC as well like a fear or stun. This should be enough to land the kill.

It's kind of a matter of delayed-burst. You can't take out most healers from start to finish by yourself with a single burst attempt, due to trinket/pally shield/priest fear, etc.

This strategy can also be used for hpalas, but takes longer. Essentially they have "2 trinkets", so repeat that step twice above.

2's arent balanced, they havent been for ages and wont be either.

If you are running double DPS you just need to CC and interupt correct and coordinate your burst. Either you kill the healer or you get killed by his DPS.
    If your partner is a healer you are most likely screwed if the shaman is decent or above geared with fairly average playing skills.

Problem with 2's? Healers dont die in a 1v1 scenario unless you outgear them, majorly outskill them or get lucky.

Might make the fights shorter if you roll with a disc priest that can mana burn. And if the opposite teams DPS is poorly geared that should help a lot as well.

Focus CC him while nuking his friend. Throwing the odd cyclone on him when his friend gets to ~50% will make him start to panic. When he drops spirit link totem destroy it and make a hard swap onto the shaman. That should push them too far behind. Do not continue nuking while spirit link pulses though.
    RETH