Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

raid finder babies

I see alot of people now in full raid finder gear and they always seem not to top the dps meters or healing meters compared to people in lower gear and in worse situations. Does anyone else feel this ?

Thread had too much potential to go down badly I feel. Also I'm unsure whether you are trolling or not. Also calling raid finder people 'babies' is a term I'd rather not see. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-01-26 at 10:25 AM.

I feel that the use-of-the-term-babies babies are exhausting.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not see this thread ending well.

All it means is that sometimes crap players win rolls. Sometimes they don't. You've met those who do.

Deleted
    But it seems also that people can literally just go afk for a fight and get the gear also

Slackers, there are a lot of them. I must admit I do it sometimes too when I go on my healer. I always try to top the meters on my warlock however. I succeed most of the times too. It's a bragging thing.

Deleted
    I do not quite see your point.
    when I first started raiding (ulduar-times) I didn't quite know what I was doing to be perfectly fair.
    when I stopped raiding (heroic t11 progress, world 42nd guild at the time) I was ranked 12th boomkin in the world on Maloriak 25 heroic.

long story short? it takes time and practice to get good!
    no-one is going to reach maximum uptime or even know how to reach maximum uptime having raided for a total of 50 hours, it's just not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exblithion View Post
    But it seems also that people can literally just go afk for a fight and get the gear also
    It doesn't seem like it. They can. Technically, you can afk for a normal or heroic fight and still win too, except you're likely to be kicked, plus it's probably masterlooter.

I see mostly those ppl getting loot who are not even close to the top 10 in the dps or healing meters. Players also now try to collect off spec loot as often as they can. I think it's not fair when Encha Shamans get agi loot over a hunter, rogue or druid.

Deleted
    I am just talking about Looking for raid here

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear and dumbing down content does not fix stupid. This has been established.

I'm in a mix of 359 and 378 in my offspec dps. I frequently top the meter. It's HIlarious.

But predictable.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Most people in raid finder are terrible casuals that have no clue how to manage a priorty order of 3-5 buttons and see the content then wander around bored in their full RF gear the whole time for the rest of the expac.

Ppl under performing the gear they have isnt some new thing. This has been going as long as the game has been out now its just easy to see the ppl at a distance and know they are an alt, person with little time, person with little skill or really unlucky with drops in their own raid. Good for them for getting some loot and seeing things it doesn't change the game for you, crush their numbers and be happy let them do the same.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    and adimya you earnt your way, if you dont know what you doing people should go learn there class in normal dungeons and not in LFR people join in like full pvp gear most time saying its just an easy way to get there valor points

Deleted
    from my experience.

Top the meters = win nothing
    Slack and AFK = free loot

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    It doesn't seem like it. They can. Technically, you can afk for a normal or heroic fight and still win too, except you're likely to be kicked, plus it's probably masterlooter.
    I am sure its a bit harder to do now since many of the well geared FL toons and higher end raiders dont likely do LFR as much if at all. I know I went in a few times the first week and it was common to pull fights with a group of 15 to 20 and easily kill the boss. I do feel bad for the ppl doing LFR and thinking that is what raiding is though. Its about the same as playing a game of 1 on 1 on a nerf hoop on the back of a door and thinking thats what the NBA is like.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    This have never happened to me as of yet but then again I rarely check other people's gear if they win a roll now.
    I always get top 3 in LFR and guild runs, I've gotten a nice 397's from VP (the 2 boe's from alt dk :P) and 4 LFR items. Since it's release I've won like 8 things already and I'm good at what I do.

Shall we also coin the term, Hardcore Grannies; the ones with proper raiding gear, but seem to just auto-attack or AFK for long periods of time.

Bad people are bad, it doens't matter where they obtained their gear, they are still bad. Don't start a prejudice against people with certain gear, judge them on how they act.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

Deleted
    Darthus
    I see mostly those ppl getting loot who are not even close to the top 10 in the dps or healing meters. Players also now try to collect off spec loot as often as they can. I think it's not fair when Encha Shamans get agi loot over a hunter, rogue or druid.
    just WOW......you truely mastered the game sir!

I have to agree its disappointing when you finally get the 4th piece of your tier(raid Finder edition) and can't wait to try on the bonus when you realize your only 500k more overall damage to an equally skilled counterpart in 378 but thats really the downfall of looking for raid it's only slightly better than dungeon loot. I'd love to raid normal but finding a guild while working full time and going to school its nearly impossible, raid time between 11pm and 3am on sunday and mondays kinda shuts me out but, the game is a lot funner for me with lfr, and whenever a pug forms for normal I'm first in line, us busy people are babies we whine we have no fun.

Deleted
    I dont about you guys but it happens to me alot , i see people with 318 gear winning the 384 items