Deleted

LF HC Progression help (10man)

Hello,

So our guild has pmuch hit the wall after clearing HC Morchok. Most ppl suggest going for HC Yor'sahj next and that's what we've been trying to do also but we keep struggling in getting enough dps on to the boss.

Our raid setup is following:
    DK tank
    Warrior tank (with dps os for single target fights)

Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman

Shadow / Holy priest
    Surv hunter
    Ret Paladin
    Fire Mage
    Fury War
    Feral Druid

Cleaving the black adds seems really inefficient for our group as only ones able to use "passive" AoE:s are DK, Mage and the hunter (DnD, Mage with impact + flamestrike, hunter with explosive trap). We've been following priority yellow -> green -> purple (only taking purple for yellow, black, red, purple).

Only change we are considering atm is in blue, green, purple, black we will take black down instead of green to increase time spent on boss.

Also, should we assign one dps to handle the mana void? As in getting it down to 20%, and then take it down when new one comes or should we just try to somehow keep mage keeping living bomb on it and then focus it down with all ranged when new void spawns? Or should we move the boss next to the void to bring it down when new one comes?

Any tips and tricks will be highly appreciated, will continue running towards wall today.

DK tank

Stick with your 2 healers, resto druid and resto shaman should be fine.

7 dps, preferably 4-5 ranged. But if you dont have any ranged DPS who could take your warrior tank's spot, then try running with 4 meele, it should be doable.

Kill priority should be the following (we use this addon to call it out):

BlueBlackPurpleYellow: Kill Yellow, kill the mana void and aoe the adds. One of the easiest combinations, you shouldn't need to use any major cooldowns.

PurpleGreenBlackBlue: Kill Black, spread out, kill the mana void and be careful with the healing.

BluePurpleGreenYellow: Kill Yellow, spread out, kill the mana void and be careful with the healing. This and the one above are basically the exact same, and you shouldn't need any major cooldowns at all.

PurpleRedYellow - Black: Kill Yellow, stack up and use some raid cds (one of, or a combination of aura mastery, spirit link and/or warrior shout for example).

GreenRedBlueBlack: Kill Green, stack up and have only the ranged kill the mana void while meele aoe the adds. This one is quite difficult, so you might need to make use of a few raid cooldowns. You should preferably save most of them for the next combination though.

GreenYellowBlackRed: Two options - either kill Green and stack up or kill Yellow and have your ranged and healers stay in a full circle around the boss, as close to the boss as possible and while still being 4 yards apart from each other. It can be tricky, but if done correctly the raid damage is less than if you kill Green, you also avoid the second set of adds. Try out both ways a few times and decide what is best for your own group. Regardless of what you end up doing, you need to pop Bloodlust and some major raid cooldowns (dont be afraid to blow em all) on this one to survive.

Have your druid pre-hot the tank before any purple phases. If the hots are cast before the purple buff is absorbed by the boss, it won't cause any stacks. The Shaman heal the tank during purple with Greater healing waves up to 4 stacks of the debuff. Also make sure your tank is saving some of his major cooldowns for Purple-Red-Black-(Yellow), which is the hardest purple combination. If you're still having problems keeping the tank up, you might want to consider 2 tanking it or try to overheal the tank by going above 5 stacks.

You can also bring the mana void to like 10-15% and save it until the next spawn, though it will be quite unreliable depending on how much mana you have when the mana void spawns. Therefore I would recommend to rather just kill it right away and save a Hymn of Hope for when you really need it (such as on the Red-Black-Blue-(Green) combo).

Here is our kill video for reference and to see how it is done in action (we used a resto druid and holy pala healers though, but everything still applies):

Shadow priest POV

Deleted
    ^ Above poster covered it perfectly, that is exactly what we do.

Only thing I'd add is that as a healer I find it much easier when we do use the mana void trick. It should be very easy for you to do, you have a Mana Tide, Innervate and Hymn of Hope. We leave the first void up until a 2nd blue slime spawns, then while all the DPS are killing a the slime our DK and our tank get the mana void to ~5% and then it's instantly finished off when needed.

Otherwise do the phases like the poster above me summarized, the only hard ones are Yellow-Red-Black-Green (lots of spam healing and lots of raid CDs) and Purple-Red-Black-Yellow (either lots of spam healing if you kill purple, or very tight careful healing if you kill yellow). Last but not least make sure on any phase with red to stack right in the dead center of the boss' hitbox, directly between his legs. Oh and make sure nature resist aura(s) reach everyone on purple+green.

Edit: In case you decide to go with that slime kill order, the easiest way to remember it is this:
    1) If red+green kill green (happens twice)
    2) Otherwise yellow (3 times)
    3) Otherwise kill black (1 time)

Working on this fight in my guild as well tonight, after taking a few attempts last week just to get a feel for it.

First, for the black adds. If he isn't already doing this, have your ret pally swap to Seal of the Righteous and just go nuts with divine storm. It's going to 'slightly' lower his boss dps, but this should help a lot with killing the adds in time. Also make sure your mage is trying to have a combustion ready for the black adds. Its a little glitchy, but he should pop combustion, then throw some other quick spell to give it a chance to tick once before impact to be sure it gets spread. I've seen plenty of times were mages (myself included) are too trigger happy and don't get the impact to spread combustion. It might also be worth having your warrior go arms for bladestorm if you're still having trouble with adds.

For oozes, as long as your healers can control it, purple is actually an easier to deal with than yellow in most cases. Green does much less damage if everyone spreads properly. Lacking a holy pally, red could be worse for you, but might still be manageable. Just make sure you have some raid cd's (vampiric blood 4-set, shield wall 4-set, spirit link, etc.) for the more painful phases.

Lastly, Kanath mentioned the trick of letting the first mana void live and killing an old mana void after each new one spawns. I would suggest either your warrior/paladin be in charge of dpsing them down and then killing them when appropriate. Ideally, you'll have a brief period with casters at low mana, but each successive void will effectively be cancelled by killing an old one. As mentioned though, this can screw you if you don't get your first 2 mana voids early on, so be careful using this strategy.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips! Yeah, we will have to stick with the setup i mentioned and we have had our DK doing the tanking... I think we actualy might give a shot as not killing the purple, ever. So far we have killed purple on red / yellow / black / purple, but getting the adds twice more than once in this fight just screws us over... Well... I guess i'll have to forward all the tips, they've been great help <3 (Btw, I (mage) won't be having combustion up with 100% chance for all teh black globules due to one fun reason... I've yet to won a single tier piece from Normal DS, and only won one from LFR... : P Talk about shit rng.

We killed this last night, 10m heroic after about ~2 hours of attempts. We don't have the best of the best dps but we do have pretty good numbers.
    We 3 healed it, solo tanked it, was prettttty tight on enrage.
    Here's what we did.
    We have great healers, so ultimately we had 3 red/yellow/black phases, (Chose to kill purple/green on those combos) Raid would stack up and nuke Boss, when the 2nd wave of adds come out that's when we'd concentrate on our aoe since we were clipping the enrage a bit. We coordinated CDs like this:
    First red/yellow/black, healer CDs (spirit link/hymn/Aura Mastery if needed), 2nd R/Y/B we get, we lust 10 seconds in, the 3rd combo, healer CDs again.

Our DPS was so close that we'd get to about 30 seconds left, with the next ooze spawning, and just stay on boss. When we killed..we had all 4 slimes join him for about 10 seconds till we killed. Very tighttt.

We also put one of our lowest dps on the boss the entire time (Only helping with the mana void/any left over adds) which allowed him to max dps the best he could. Optimizing your raid for the most dmg output is whats needed here for sure.