Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Account locked forever or?

My swtor account has been locked for about a week now and there is no sign of it getting unlocked. Will they eventually unlock it or do i have to call support? Because i dont come from eng, de nor fr, meaning sitting on international line on self phone for several hours would be silly at least to say.

I hope they will fix this or it will be very short trip for something i awaited badly for 3ish years

PS, english is not my first language, hope u dont mind.

Didn't you get an E-mail about it? Seems weird that they would lock your account for seemingly no reason.

Were you given a reason for the lock (Such as a ban)?
    I would try emailing customer support if a phone call would have a high cost.
    I'm sure they know international calls are expensive though, so they probably have priority.

Deleted
    I was given no reason whatsoever. i had mail waiting, saying that subscription failed. So i tried to subscribe again and its always the same message error. i tried CC and my paypal account. However, CC (visa electron) is my GF's, i read on forums that players had this same issue and when they used their own CC, it worked. Sad thing is that i dont have 1 (sure not getting it only for tor). also, i cant post on swtor.com forums. I also read that account will be unlocked if i call support, but cba really. Its way to long hold and WAY to expensive. Since there were so many reports of game cards not working properly (aka been used), i also fear to buy it.

so basically, you have no active subscription and you're wondering why you cant play?

Deleted
    nah dude. read my second post again.

Quote Originally Posted by lovc View Post
    I also read that account will be unlocked if i call support, but cba really.
    There is both your problem and your solution. You posted the answer => Thread not needed.

I also read that account will be unlocked if i call support, but cba really.
    So what's your idea with this thread then? You want to get your unlocked but you cba to call the support but instead waste your time writing in English on these forums about it?

Call the support, or quit moaning.

Deleted
    Account locked =\= no active sub. Lol
    Are you really waiting for a sign of it being "unlocked" if you can't pay the fee??

They really need to allow people without active accounts access to a forum for handling subscription issues. Their response times to email can be distressing
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Using paypal works on creditcards that don't work with their own subscription system apparently.
    That's how I fixed the issue on my account.

Try your luck with game cards...but i'd buy a store copy, just to cover your ground (i prefer physical copies :-3). Worse comes to worst, you can look at getting a refund if it's not working.

from your timing it looks as though youve gone through the free period and now have to pay for each month u play, which u arent by teh looks of it, hence the "no actice subscription" part of your thread - free period finished around 6-7 days ago i think and youve not being able to play for almost a week...hmm, go figure

Had issues with my CC for some reason so I bought a GTC from Origin (with the same CC, go figure) and had the code within an hour or so, no issues using it.

Buy a GTC from interwebs, apply to account > problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    They really need to allow people without active accounts access to a forum for handling subscription issues. Their response times to email can be distressing

Agreed. It would be highly beneficial to them as well as the customer. Plus it would allow their CS to multi-task problems to provide faster resolutions.

My swtor account has been locked for about a week now and there is no sign of it getting unlocked.
    Account locked for about a week would make me guess that you came to the end of your 30-day free period and now must pay for your game subscription. You're going to either have to figure out how to work the credit card thing or purchase some game time cards and continue. I'm not certain that SW:TOR is required to send you an email telling you that your account is inactive, but I'm fairly certain that they WOULD let you know IF your account was locked/banned for some reason.

I'm guessing it's just an active subscription issue... pay up and keep playing.

It's a pay to play game. I would just buy a game time code. If your cc is not working since you are overseas. They might not accept it because of fraud issues.

Deleted
    so, anyway i got a reply after about 5 days, it says:

I found out that you are trying to use a Visa Electron for the subscription. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to support Visa Electron as a payment method. You can pay for your subscription to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ using one of the following Credit or Debit cards:

Visa
    MasterCard
    Discover
    JCB
    American Express
    Visa Electron
    Visa Delta

no comment.
    so thats why i am aint calling them nor i am buying game card.

Deleted
    so, anyway i got a reply after about 5 days, it says:

I found out that you are trying to use a Visa Electron for the subscription. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to support Visa Electron as a payment method. You can pay for your subscription to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ using one of the following Credit or Debit cards:

Visa
    MasterCard
    Discover
    JCB
    American Express
    Visa Electron
    Visa Delta

no comment.
    so thats why i am aint calling them nor i am buying game card.