Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did anyone actually read what he said?

First, his account does not work, so he can't login to send email.
    He tried different ways to pay for the subscription, and the account got locked, an error occurred.
    Second, calling customer service is expensive in his area.
    Third, he does not have a credit card nor does he want to get one.
    Fourth, the online game cards do not always work, so he is worried about that issue.

If you cant spend the time to read, dont be snarky to people.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post

He tried different ways to pay for the subscription, and the account got locked, an error occurred.
    Fourth, the online game cards do not always work, so he is worried about that issue.

Did you actualy read it? he CAN log into his account, because he said hes tried to sub again, so clearly he CAN access it

The account got locked and he was told sub failed, NOT he tried a different way and THEN it got locked

also he CAN buy a game time card, hes just read the few horror storys out of the thousands that do work, and assumed

If you cant spent the time to read, dont be snarky to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Froggy View Post

my sister had the same issue if you dont wanna pay the call charges then get skype and call the uk 0800 number its free and actually puts you through to the same place as the london based number they tell you to call if you not from france or germany

Quote Originally Posted by lovc View Post
    I was given no reason whatsoever. i had mail waiting, saying that subscription failed. So i tried to subscribe again and its always the same message error. i tried CC and my paypal account. However, CC (visa electron) is my GF's, i read on forums that players had this same issue and when they used their own CC, it worked. Sad thing is that i dont have 1 (sure not getting it only for tor). also, i cant post on swtor.com forums. I also read that account will be unlocked if i call support, but cba really. Its way to long hold and WAY to expensive. Since there were so many reports of game cards not working properly (aka been used), i also fear to buy it.
    i have the same problem. my free month ran out and it wont accept either of my credit cards or my paypal. keeps saying 'error' at the last stage. i've sent emails, but no reply. will have to resort to calling them soon, and i'm international too, dunno how much it will cost me

---------- Post added 2012-01-28 at 12:41 AM ----------

well, i got an email from them a little while ago.

it didnt say anything. its almost as if they didnt read the explanation i left, and it was just a pre formed generic response

basically outlined the step to set up a sub (which i know already, as i've tried 20 times now, hoping one will get through)
    then it said to call them if there are any other problems (no shit there is a problem, why do you think i requested support?)

TLR, dont bother emailing them, its useless. just call them and suck up the cost of the call if you're international.

he can use skype to call its free

Quote Originally Posted by murdax View Post
    he can use skype to call its free
    which number is free? and will it work for people outside of EU/NA?

i've never used skype. i just got it soley for the purpose of this call, but none of the numbers work. the EU one is 'not a valid number', and the international one 'requires skype credit'

I'm sorry you're having issues; but if you don't want to call Customer Service, then why the hell are you starting a thread here? Buy a Game Time Card online, or use a real credit card - or use Google to find a 1-800 number that's free (there's tons). Still though, MMO-C isn't the place to bitch about EA CS.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/buy...ctID.242638300

Buy a digital game time card directly from Origin. No need to worry about it being used already.