Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Just looking for some honesty

Please note: I am not putting this game down, nor am I flaming/trolling etc. Just looking for some honest feedback from the rets.

I'd been playing wow for 4 some odd years, missed the epic years of tier 3 and since starting in TBC, I truly enjoyed the game's aspects, making new friends, raiding and the whole pie that makes up WoW. Over the course of Wotlk, I had more fun than I could imagine, probably that I was not a noob anymore and kept up with the rest of the competitive sides and even seeing server firsts. Downing the lich king was more exciting than I care to admit, but since that spark, it got even better! I raced to 85 with so many others in a single day filled with redbull, cheezeburgers and passing out in my chair after 23 hours. Would I do all that again? Probably. I quit only because it was really so sad to see ret's just pushed aside so harshly this expansion. Raiding was difficult. Yes, faceroll is what makes the game boring, but it had its appeal. I enjoyed melee and still do. Is all that blizzard has done in 4.3 and on made the game for rets even remotely worth coming back to after a 5 month hiatus? I would love to see pandaria, but I dont think anyone wants to go through rets doing subpar for another entire expansion. Any thoughts to bring back to the game would be very welcomed.
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

ret is middle of the pack atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    ret is middle of the pack atm.
    And we have to be "ok" with middle of the pack ? ;/

well someone must be? stop being so dam DPS horny -.-

also, good jobb, drping the game is the best you can do, its not as fun anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nivius View Post
    well someone must be? stop being so dam DPS horny -.-

also, good jobb, drping the game is the best you can do, its not as fun anymore
    You have no idea how hard it was to drop wow cold turkey, and right before rag was downed. Heck, if I start hearing ret is top dog in pandaria, it may be worth it.
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

I believe that ret dps is where it should be. Hybrid dps must not, in any case, top the meters. Yes, there could be fights where rets could excel but someone should expect a traditional dps bringing more damage. You can't have a class who can heal, tank and dps and at the same time want to top meters, even though Blizz talks about homogenization all the time.

Maybe accept that you are playing one out of 30 specs and are QQing b/c that one isn't the best? Seems like a problem with you, not the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedralixx View Post
    I believe that ret dps is where it should be. Hybrid dps must not, in any case, top the meters. Yes, there could be fights where rets could excel but someone should expect a traditional dps bringing more damage. You can't have a class who can heal, tank and dps and at the same time want to top meters, even though Blizz talks about homogenization all the time.
    How Can I tank/heal and dps at the same time and be competative?
    I can't. Stop bringing this BS about hybrid-tax.
    When i dps as ret, i can throw occasional heal, but it's not like im going to start healing like a baws, same goes for tanking.

Ret is exactly where they should be. It is middle of the pack dps(Just to put this into perspective I play Ret/Prot as my main in Cata). If you can't play the game without being the absolute definitive top dps reroll.
    You cannot fathom the immensity of the f*** I do not give.

Just the way the game goes. They want you to play other stuff...go play!

Ret has a very boring rotation, you will probably fall asleep.

Honestly ret is better than average and fairly high up in a straight single target comparison. Problem with that is it just really isn't applicable to just about any fights. We fall behind with poor cleave/multi-dot abilities, mediocre aoe, and poor movement. Naturally all the fights now seem to incorporate cleaving/multi-dotting/aoe/heavy movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Well, yeah. "Middle of the pack" is exactly where you should want to be. This allows you to claim skill when you do well on meters instead of just putting up big numbers by virtue of the class you picked. Additionally, you're not low in the pack to the point where your raidspot could be better filled by some better performing class.

You should be more than okay with your current position. You should be happy that you're in the perfect spot.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Loop View Post
    Middle of the pack is fine.

Putting in as much effort as the top of the pack to be middle is not fine. That's the problem with ret. Well, unless you like such things.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by pbad View Post
    Honestly ret is better than average and fairly high up in a straight single target comparison. Problem with that is it just really isn't applicable to just about any fights. We fall behind with poor cleave/multi-dot abilities, mediocre aoe, and poor movement. Naturally all the fights now seem to incorporate cleaving/multi-dotting/aoe/heavy movement.
    what he said... When i do go Ret (im OT), im doing very well on the meters. Im not top dps, but im certainly not the bottom.

As long as you have that option to "throw occasional heal" then is it really surprising that your dps does not equal that of a pure who can't ?
    As long as hybrids have that advantage, which is most notable in pvp then why should they get both ?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As long as you have that option to "throw occasional heal" then is it really surprising that your dps does not equal that of a pure who can't ?
    As long as hybrids have that advantage, which is most notable in pvp then why should they get both ?
    You mean unlike rogues? ^^

On topic: imo ret is quite good. If you add in all the procs, cd usage etc. the prio system is good enough (for me at least) and you can do really good damage.

why not come back and make a frost dk, they are the rets of cata. i did not like the cata paladin changes so my alt paladin didnt get leveled up.

Frost dk is along the same fast paced spammy lines of the cata ret. easy, good damage, and instant gratification

If you played ret in BC then you really shouldn't have anything to complain about these days. It's a viable dps to bring to a raid, and the burst on cooldowns is nice. The rotation feels much better with the T13 2pc set imo, without it it's kinda meh. If you're looking for a faceroll/spammy rotation DW frost DK may be your cup of tea, though there may be periods of downtime. DW frost felt better than ret until I picked up T13 2pc.

Quote Originally Posted by slevnkalevra View Post
    Ret is exactly where they should be. It is middle of the pack dps(Just to put this into perspective I play Ret/Prot as my main in Cata). If you can't play the game without being the absolute definitive top dps reroll.
    so warriors are NOT hybrids then? just to clear that up.

its actually not that were bothered by being middle of the pack, we're used to that. its the language and the excuse that blizz used to justify keeping us in the middle of the pack that bothers us.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"