Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Have standing still and dpsing on heroic warmaster.

Deleted
    try 25 in firelands,

beth/baelroc/domo are actual dps races (when current content) these days they are not and they are less so post nerf but they were definately a dps race in firelands, same as alyrayzor, even tho that was about having people who can fly, shannox on heroic is a minor dps race due to kiling him before his dogs kil you rhylith kiling him before superheated.

i do not see the lack of dps race in firelands unles your on about "balanced for not all raidbuffs 10 man" even though 80% of guilds had all the buffs anyway through hunterpet/shamy totems.

the real dps race is in 25man not 10 man.

As a healer currently 2/8 HM (should have 3/8 tonight), with attempts on other HM bosses in DS, I have to say DS is definetly a healer raid in HM. Sure the enrage timers are tight on alot of bosses, but this forces most fights to be 2 healed, putting alot of strain on the healers. Most fights don't require alot of movement for the dps, allowing them to fully go through complete rotations. These fights are very healing intensive.

I went 9/12 HM in T11 and 6/7 HM T12 and ALOT of the fights are healer fights. After going back to vanilla style healing, mana regen issues early and forcing most healers to relearn raid healing, most of cata has seperated the exceptional healers from the bad ones, and T13 HMs are no exception. IMO dps has had it overall very easy in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Humblemumble View Post
    When did they get nerfed? Last time I checked patch 4.3.2 hadn't dropped yet. Maybe add something constructive next time.

OT: personal opinion, face roll DPS is not fun.
    Next time try reading the post someone is responding to before you respond condescendingly to that someone; you'll look like less of an idiot.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by NoHealsForYou View Post
    TL;DR
    The op wants to stand still and faceroll his priority que instead of actually doing PROPPER stuff like correct target swaps (yor'sahj hc), burst dps followed by steady dps at the right moments (spine hc), movement (morchok hc) or teamwork (hagara lightning phase hc). The challening part is not only to do ALL of that stuff well, but to put out high dps at the same time. I hope you never design games...You might as well just faceroll a dummy for ten hours a week.
    You might be surprised how many people want that sort of game-play rather than the "move all around, actually doing stuff and using your brain/eyes/reaction times."
    Last edited by PetersenIII; 2012-01-26 at 04:11 PM.

I'm enjoying that the DPS finally have something to do instead of just telling the tanks/healers to do stuff. Also it's amazing how much improvement we've seen the DPSers do in DS everyone is doing his best for a change and don't give me the "you're in a terrible guild full of noobs" kind of thing we're 6/8 HC so it's not that terrible.

As a tank/healer i have to agree on this one. I sometimes play DPS on my alt who is DPS/Tank and its so much more fun. Its a shame because i really like tanking and healing in WoW. Most fights in DS only need 1 tank so i am pushed out of my mainspec role into a healing role allot and i dont like that much. Also when healing i never feel i am archiving anything even on the Heroic modes.

When healing i feel like i am just keeping people topped up until the fight is over, You cant help but think "man this is easy, this fight is all about if the dps have enough dps to kill the boss in time before this next ability or whatever."

When tanking im like "lol WTF happened here" the game feels so boring now i used to like struggling to keep myself alive and kiting boss around the room or adds and stuff. Now its Taunt > Rotation > Rotation > Rotation > Move 3 yards > Rotation > rotation > Rotation > Collect loot. Sometimes if your lucky you get to taunt off the second tank when he has X amount of Y debuff. Yipeeee. I know in the past people were put off from tanking due to the responsibility it holds in a raid but really was there any need to make it this damn easy to tank and bore the tanks who liked that responsibility. Right now it feels like i am mashing 3 buttons and the odd cooldown every now and then, Its all on the healer keeping me up these days and thats not even fun or hard to do healing a tank today is like healing the dps "Beacon and forget about tank".

It's a joke so yes DS is a DPS raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I did not mean that this raid is all about dps, it's about lot more ofc. Im 1/8 HC atm and most likely pretty far away from 2/8 due to healers who seem to change every week, always with a worse gear than the other... Yor sahj was close before last healers bailed (server change and other did not show up) and ultraxion was fun and went pretty well too.

I meant that in this raid you can finally max out your numbers because you are not forced to do crap, or run away to lower the uptime on the boss. Its a raid where dps can do what they are created for.
    ...excuse me..? what? not forced to run away? uh let's see..
    Morchok, BLOOD(yes you cant stand in it!)
    Zon'ozz, Move to keep the bouncy thing going..
    Yor'sahj, move to kill the adds..
    Hagara, MOve not to die >.<(immune to ANY dammage during these phases btw!)
    Ultraxtion, only thing I even can think of is HoT..which give or take is not that much of a dps loss..(so your cleared it on this one!)
    Warmaster; move..into the things and avoid his damn dragon puts out oh and stack up on the big swirly thing..
    Spine, move around killing adds(bloods& thoes damn things that explodes) and then when the Creeper is about to blow up, gtfo..from it and move to nuke the tendril..
    Madness..lets see..Giant Tenactle, Blood adds, small tentacles on the wing/arm tentacle....big adds, swirly small tentacles throwing shrapnel at ous on the ground tentacles..

"you are not forced to do Crap, or run away to lower the uptime on the boss."
    ....1/8 you succeeded on..and it's the crying dragon..good job.

I dunno, I thought that Icecrown was a great dps instance, while also being decent for tanks and healers. Dragon Soul is to me is just a run of the mill raid with a few dps boost mechanics, not a bad raid, not an amazing raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Zon'ozz, Move to keep the bouncy thing going..
    Yor'sahj, move to kill the adds..
    I don't think moving 10 yards every 2 minutes counts as a mobile fight, the vast majority of it is sitting still and DPSing. The same goes for Madness and Spine, there is very very minimal movement in those fights. Ultraxion obviously has zero movement, so basically 5 our of the 8 are stationary fights. On heroic Zon'ozz changes so we're left with 4/8 but that still means half the instance is stationary.

The rest however, are very mobile and have near constant movement requirements so I guess it makes up for it. Either way the OP is wrong, there's nothing in DS that makes any different than the last 5 tiers before it as far as optimizing DPS goes. DS just happens to give a fair bit of stationary fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Don't know if it clasifies as DPS raid, but certainly is not a tank raid. The mechanics intended to give tanks something to do are almost null compared to t11, even t12. Wasn't the trivialization of aggro to allow tanks to pay attention to other things? Think a map of cds for each encounter and you are done. There is not that much to do influence progress as a tank in DS. Compare to what good/bad tanks could do for the raid in omnitron, maloriak, nefarian, alys or shannox, just to name a few.
    ^ Very true. Glad I stopped tanking this tier and play only DPS/Heal.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-26 at 06:13 PM.

Deleted
    Don't know if it clasifies as DPS raid, but certainly is not a tank raid. The mechanics intended to give tanks something to do are almost null compared to t11, even t12. Wasn't the trivialization of aggro to allow tanks to pay attention to other things? Think a map of cds for each encounter and you are done. There is not that much to do influence progress as a tank in DS. Compare to what good/bad tanks could do for the raid in omnitron, maloriak, nefarian, alys or shannox, just to name a few.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-01-26 at 06:02 PM.