Dark Side Points into Light

hello all,

on a quest made a wrong anwser and got 100 points dark side, can i turn it into light side points?

thank you

When you're going through the dialogues you have the option to choose your own answers to control the story. If you hover your mouse over them rather than hitting 1/2/3 you can see whether it will reward Dark/Light/Nothing. If you do happen to choose the wrong one by accident quickly hit ESCAPE. It will end the dialogue and you can restart the conversation.
    SkoorbVyvanseKarmann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scream123 View Post
    hello all,

on a quest made a wrong anwser and got 100 points dark side, can i turn it into light side points?

thank you
    To the extent of my knowledge, the only way to detract from your dark side points is to exceed the maximum lightside points (don't take that as definitive though).

On a side-note, if you make a mistake, you can hit Esc to cancel the conversation, and begin from the beginning again.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but only when you reach your cap of 10k total LS/DS points. Say you get to 9500LS/500DS. Go run low level Esseles, or any lowbie instance. If you get 200 LS points from that, it will make you 9500LS/300DS, etc. This goes on until you eliminate all DS points. From there, you start to gain more LS points.

hello all,

thank you
    During conversation in any moment u can press ESC and non of your choices will be saved so u will start dialog from begining. If u completed the dialog you can't change you choice.

1) U can train Diplomacy Crew Skill. It gives u Dark and Light points for completing missions.

2) U can run flashpoints and farm Dark/light points.

Deleted
    no, but t won't really matter in the long run, you'll get plenty of light side options later anyway, and your actual alignment is your light side points - your dark side, so 1-2 more light side options will balance it out anyway.
    You can always go and solo Black Talon/Esselles which, i've heard, gives lots of light/dark points when you run through it.

I'd recommend ticking the "Show conversation alignment gain" in Preferences -> User Interface.

It helps stop any unintended points gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Yes, but only when you reach your cap of 10k total LS/DS points. Say you get to 9500LS/500DS. Go run low level Esseles, or any lowbie instance. If you get 200 LS points from that, it will make you 9500LS/300DS, etc. This goes on until you eliminate all DS points. From there, you start to gain more LS points.

This is almost true. There is no cap. When you hit 10000 on one side, the other reduces to zero. I am currently sitting at 4,000 dark and 8,000 light.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    This is exactly what happens.

I was in that very same boat. I made 1 DS choice and ended up having 9800 LS / 200 DS.

I ran a few more FP and made LS choices. As I made LS choices it slow removed all my DS points and once they were going I started gaining those points into LS till I was 10K LS / 0 DS.

Ended up not being that big of a deal to get rid of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go run your factions first flashpoint multiple times and you will get tons of points of your choosing.

hello all,

thank you
    You don't gain the points until the quest is finished. If you haven't finished the quest, reset it.