Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Cernunnos rescued this thread.. from being completely pointless to actually worth reading.

Shadowthundermournefury'dal shall be reaking vengeance in Arena come MOP, can see it now, Panda Warrior dual wielding the Shadowthundermournefury'dal.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I just don't understand how Blizzard just simply play both sides of the game, on one side on actual ladder play they allow the most game breaking shits possible, while they still try to make WoW arena an ''e-sport'' with their upcoming tournament in Asia and the Arena Pass.
    Will be interesting to see that Arena pass. If I remember correctly, everyone has access to gear and can fine tune it and are on a roughly even playing field? I think it's going to show a few people when that happens. The best will still remain the best... but where it's probably going to show is the middle, where some people who thought they were better than they really were (not saying they are bad though) are going to have to learn a few things when gear is put on an even level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Hmm, Heroic Vial with the proper gear will crit around 50k to 80k now. After they fix it divide that by 3, ICD will be reduced by a proportionate amount, ICD right now is roughly 25 seconds, dividing that by 3, ICD should be around 8 seconds. So taking that 2 seconds and taking out roughly 20 - 25k (that's if the proc crits, if it doesn't it could be much much less).
    80k is basically impossible unless the rogue's in full BiS and hits, say, a warrior with 3800 resi, recklessness on and find weakness up. 50k sounds plausible, though, but still, that's with Find Weakness up and having it crit (which it tends to do quite a lot) - 20k every 8-10 seconds is still INSANE, but realistically speaking I think it'll be more along the lines of 12k~ hits and 18k~ crits with the HC version.

what many people haven't noticed, obviously as there rogues and don;t want to be nerfed, is that:

A) the night elf doesnt have any bleeds on him, so the legendary rogue is doing 16% less damage then he should be.

b) the legendary rogue is sporting some 390 gear, and about 10 normal gems instead of epic gems.

c) the legendary rogue has not got his 80 agility arena flask up, and has no blessing of might or kings or strength of earth or windfury.

d) the vial will still do 20k crits, after patch. 3 times as often.

e) hes doing 35k ambushes even with all the gear and buffs missing. Add in the others buffs and you are looking at 45k ambushes easily. And there wasnt even the proc which gives the 5 free eviscerates followed by 3 ambushes because the rogues energy has gone back to full.

If anything this video is even scarier then what people think

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    RMP Double legendary, auto glad.

Balance?
    Triple Legendary, have the priest throw out Shadow Word: Pain while healing and win.

I will don't worry. Might turn this 2 seconds, into a 3 seconds at best, fuk ye.

yeah sure...bro and i see people saying 20k crits after the patch? lol? how can a 4k physical dmg vial of the shadows proc become a 20k crit
    Last edited by Zeljo; 2012-01-26 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    all this video shows is just how obscene wow pvp is right now, how certain classes (rogues/mages) can utterly destroy people in 1-2 globals. as poster above stated, this isn't even about the vial, it's about 35k ambushes on a 4100 resilience target, which is disgusting.

compare that to most classes hitting 10-12k on the same resilience target (except frost mages). certainly I'd be very lucky if my mortal strike crit a 4100 resilience rogue for 15k and I have almost full S11 cataclysmic with 397 weapon.

edit: and this rogue has almost no buffs, except the few he ramps up from the daggers. give him a BoM and watch him do even more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So pre nerf vial is critting 50k+ because IT IS NOT affected by resilience. 4.3.2 its being nerfed to 4k from RF and up to about 6k from HC, meaning it can still get crits up to 15-20k.
    Also the rogues dagger proc never procs because there was never a time when he had 30+ stacks of the agi stack from them.
    So basically all your seeing is a 50k vial proc and his 3 20k ambush's.
    Anyway I wish my rogue didn't make me bored anymore :/
    "Either you're a noob or a pro. That's life."

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    You mean this?
    Yes. I've already seen it in a past thread, but I was hoping for an in-game model made by altering a WoW Client's item cache-model-whateverplaceyoucanchangeitemmodels and what not.

Also, I really don't mean anything but
    going batshit motherfucking crazy
    . Can I use such strong-felt words to express my rage towards the Vial of Oneshot and the ferals/rogues that use it? (While keeping it constructive and stating why, without inflating numbers to ludicrous amounts).

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenblow View Post
    That damage is most definately the Vial of shadows trinket the rogue has equipped and NOT the legendary daggers... just sayin'
    So assuming the vial did hit for 60k, the rogue still destroyed the remaining 75k in 2 sec.
    After the vial fix it will be 95k instead of 135. Imagine a standard RMP opening with a rogue doing 95k right on the open; whatever the target, they will kill it, because rogue damage is completely retarded

There already it is a mechanism for flagging certain objects as unusable in rated play. Oh how often I wish I could rocket belt away to a pillar. Honestly though, I think the vial would not be that much of a problem on rogues if they did not have all their other seemingly abusive tools. I am still at a loss as to why they get a 70% snare (that could be applied AoE via FoK). I don't know why they get to heal so much, a mage has next to no self healing and they do fine.

So I understand that the vial previously was not functional for hunters but it has been hotfixed and I have to say that I am more frightened of a hunter with a vial than a rogue. At least with the rogue I have some tools against him (I play DK). Hunter, the only tool I have really is to hide behind a pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    There already it is a mechanism for flagging certain objects as unusable in rated play. Oh how often I wish I could rocket belt away to a pillar. Honestly though, I think the vial would not be that much of a problem on rogues if they did not have all their other seemingly abusive tools. I am still at a loss as to why they get a 70% snare (that could be applied AoE via FoK). I don't know why they get to heal so much, a mage has next to no self healing and they do fine.

So I understand that the vial previously was not functional for hunters but it has been hotfixed and I have to say that I am more frightened of a hunter with a vial than a rogue. At least with the rogue I have some tools against him (I play DK). Hunter, the only tool I have really is to hide behind a pillar.
    Except that hunters doesn't have any ARP mechanics making the trinket proc absurd numbers. Not saying its fine either on any classes though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Also, I really don't mean anything but . Can I use such strong-felt words to express my rage towards the Vial of Oneshot and the ferals/rogues that use it? (While keeping it constructive and stating why, without inflating numbers to ludicrous amounts).
    There is a huge difference between cursing and cursing at someone. Personally I could not give less of a shit whether or not you curse if your arguments are logical and your post is, as a whole, constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    compare that to most classes hitting 10-12k on the same resilience target (except frost mages). certainly I'd be very lucky if my mortal strike crit a 4100 resilience rogue for 15k and I have almost full S11 cataclysmic with 397 weapon.
    Whenever I do 19k crits with my warlock's Shadowburn I get off my computer and start dancing. 19k crits is just epic for me! Although I recently got CoC normal mode and have tasted true power... yes, the wonders of obliviousness! I once did a 22k crit on a 4.3k resi healer, still can't believe it. Destro locks all around the world shall rejoice! I now consider my spec OP-ish.

3.4k views =/= a Viral video...

Regardless, Blizz seriously needs to block the usage of legendaries in PvP Environments, i.e. - Arena and BGs.

Deleted
    I don't see anything special here. Just another rouge?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenblow View Post
    That damage is most definately the Vial of shadows trinket the rogue has equipped and NOT the legendary daggers... just sayin'
    Notice the 30k ambushes. Its not just vial, and even after vial nerf its still gonna be pretty retarded. :x

This season seems even more unbalanced then the other seasons, good game though blizz, good game.

Except that hunters doesn't have any ARP mechanics making the trinket proc absurd numbers. Not saying its fine either on any classes though
    Is it the Arp that is doing it or the ignoring resilience for some reason? I have a rogue alt (Sabrik, US - Khaz Modan) that has pretty ordinary welfare BG gear and I have the LFR version of the vial and I have been in games sitting on a hpal for instance with him emoting laughs at me. Then my vial will proc for 30k and I will stun/dance on him and then laugh my ass off as I eat his corpse. So it is not the ArPen that is doing that, as I will just be sitting on him.

I am assuming that even if it was not ArPen doing it, a hunter pelting me from range with quiver procs, trinket procs, a pet eating me, dots, etc all while I am having problems even reaching him is far scarier than a rogue who I can actually fight back against, and even mitigate with proper chains usage.

No denying that the vial is bad, but even without the vial rogues were already in a super good place with their toolkit. They always had very good burst and smokebomb highlighted that very well. I actually think the new vial is better for rogues because it helps where they could have possibly been lacking previously, sustained damage outside of ArPen proc.

There is a huge difference between cursing and cursing at someone. Personally I could not give less of a shit whether or not you curse if your arguments are logical and your post is, as a whole, constructive.
    Ok thanks for the information. I personally think that the change for 4.3.2 considering Vial is great, although legendaries are still a bit problematic. Also I think it's the rogue class in general that's performing too good right now: Heals, Defensive cds vs melee and casters, cc, gap closers, 3 sec vanish immunity, smoke bomb and on top of all that I just mentioned great damage. I mean seriously the fuck?
    That seems quite absurd to me, they just have too many tools to use in PvP and seeing as Blizzard tries to make them good in PvE, they gain a major advantage when compared to other classes. I think that people should accept rogues as a PvP class; it might solve some of these issues (I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    okay now make a video of him trying to attack you from the front and not behind... hell if you let almost anyone stand behind you they will kill you pretty fast too....i know this is a rogue and that is what they do but it looks like you are letting him stand behind you and do this lol.
    And not to mention that the rogue didn't try a thing. He could have least trinketed out to blow his defensive cooldowns.