Poll: Should there be restrictions on where one can smoke?

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarriageAuch View Post
    This is a monumentally selfish viewpoint. Congratulations.
    Yes, yes it is. Tell me again why people cant just walk to a different spot?

10+ Year Old Account
    The owner of a property should be able to decide if that property allows smoking.

I would ban it all together personally but that will never happen.

Deleted
    I'd restrict to anywhere but designated Smoking Areas or in your home. It's fairly disgusting walking behind someone who smokes; because you can smell it from a good 20 ft behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    my college is disgusting with teh sick amount of smokers who just sit around outside.If it was up to me, I'd make them go home to do that shit.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are so damn "Ban Happy" now-a-days! ' I don't like this [Insert Offensive Activity/Item Here] so I am going start a petition to ban it! The thought doesn't cross these ppls minds to just stay away from what they find as offensive, no need to place restrictions on other solely because you don't like it! It is ignorant to me! People seem to be offended by everything anymore!

I'll just end it w/ this video!
    Can people stop posting that fatass? Watch his other videos, he gets offended too.

The reason why people are so 'offended' by smokers is because second hand smoke can kill too. Smoking KILLS people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Payne View Post
    Why can't the smoker move? It's not my fault that HIS smoke is blowing in my face and I doubt the wind is going to stop blowing.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

i'd go with let em smoke whenever and wherever they want well except in hospitals !!

Here in Ohio, it's already banned in public buildings/businesses.

I think it should be limited to your own home/property.

I hate smelling/tasting smoke when I'm in public. We technically already have rules about how far you have to be from the entrance of a building, but no one enforces that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Payne View Post
    Because YOU are choosing to do something which actively interferes with those around you. YOU should move 10ft away. The day when I stand next to you and start singing Christian Rock you are well within your rights to ask me to move 10ft away. I wouldn't expect you to move from my sweet sweet muzak.

Deleted
    shouldnt be allowed to smoke in public on the streets imo, should be up to businesses and what not if they want to allow smoking in their premises. but in the streets it should not be allowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are so damn "Ban Happy" now-a-days! ' I don't like this [Insert Offensive Activity/Item Here] so I am going start a petition to ban it! The thought doesn't cross these ppls minds to just stay away from what they find as offensive, no need to place restrictions on other solely because you don't like it! It is ignorant to me! People seem to be offended by everything anymore!

I'll just end it w/ this video!
    There is a huge difference between being offended and being affected.

Yes, people shouldn't be able to smoke anywhere but at their homes.

If you want to kill yourself, thats your business. Keep that shit away from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    That's about £6.30? I'm fairly sure thats still cheaper than they are in the UK. :O
    7.59882 EUR, and that's for the cheapest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Can people stop posting that fatass? Watch his other videos, he gets offended too.

The reason why people are so 'offended' by smokers is because second hand smoke can kill too. Smoking KILLS people.

this is why i hate it on the streets, waiting for a bus and some guy stands next to me with the wind blowing in my direction and starts smoking... why should i have to move because he wants to do something thats disgusting and harmful to everyones health around him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because YOU are choosing to do something which actively interferes with those around you. YOU should move 10ft away. The day when I stand next to you and start singing Christian Rock you are well within your rights to ask me to move 10ft away. I wouldn't expect you to move from my sweet sweet muzak.
    What if I like that spot? so your saying if im smoking and someone stands next to me that its my fault that they're standing next to me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    shouldnt be allowed to smoke in public on the streets imo, should be up to businesses and what not if they want to allow smoking in their premises. but in the streets it should not be allowed.
    Arguably I'd say grocery stores and non-restaurants that sell food are the only establishments that shouldn't be allowed to allow smoking inside.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

lol. You can get lung cancer from A LOT of things, including passive smoke, regardless of situation.
    Fair enough. I looked into it a bit more, and while the risk from second-hand smoke seems to be minuscule, it has been demonstrated to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    my college is disgusting with teh sick amount of smokers who just sit around outside.If it was up to me, I'd make them go home to do that shit.
    #

when i was in school there was this wall i had to walk past and it always had about 6-7 people sat on the wall smoking, so everytime i turned up to school i smelled of smoke, the smell is really strong and clings very bad, you can try and cover it up with deodrant but it doesnt help all that much.

We're going to end up dead anyway, so why ban something that speeds up the process? People have the right to choose what they do to themselves, and taking away that right is pretty much taking away the right to life. I can understanding having No Smoking in populated areas, but they need to give business owners the choice whether to have smoking permitted in their establishment or not.

Right now they are trying to completely ban smoking in any restaurant, bar, or similar places in almost every state, and that kind of makes me feel bad for business owners because it takes away from business. Since they banned smoking in all bars in Iowa, I haven't been to one since. I liked to go to them on weekends with friends to talk and drink and do whatever, but now, we just buy the booze from stores.