Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who can tank Void of the Unmaking?

Zon'ozz HM - obviously fire mage cauterize, and shadow priest dispersion.

Are there any other abilities that allow a solo tanking of the ball?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

Guardian Spirit

Ardent Defender
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

Rogues with Cheat Death.

Deleted
    Depends on how many stacks it's at, Dispersion won't work on high stacks. The same goes for Guardian Spirit, it won't work on higher stacks but GS+Dispersion together might. Ardent Defender, Cheat Death(?) and Cauterize oughta work fine though. I'm not sure about bubble and IB.

I thought someone said Guardian Spirit doesn't work?
    Ashin, Stormreaver
    South of Heaven

My guild used this strat (assuming you're talking about the stack, and one person run out and solo soaks, etc)

Stack order: 9-7-7, burn during black/into normal phase, ignore orb.

First set: Ret paladin with glyphed 40% bubble, myself with Feint, DK with IBF/AMS/TB trinket, myself with cheat death, priest with Dispersion

Second & Third: Ret Paladin glyphed 40%, myself with Feint, myself with Cheat Death, Priest with Dispersion.

Not positive what other CDs were used, if any to help people survive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCrAf...=youtube_gdata My PoV

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I'm not sure about bubble and IB.
    Bubble and Ice Block do not work

Things that render complete immunity do not work. Things that reduce damage/AE damage or save you from death do work.

Depends on how many stacks it's at, Dispersion won't work on high stacks. The same goes for Guardian Spirit, it won't work on higher stacks but GS+Dispersion together might. Ardent Defender, Cheat Death(?) and Cauterize oughta work fine though. I'm not sure about bubble and IB.
    Why wouldn't Dispersion work at high stacks? It's not like the explosion deals over a million damage even at high stacks.

GS works against the next attack which would otherwise kill you, it's the same mechanic as AD, doesn't matter how much damage you take.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

I disperse for the 9th hit in heroic and take almost no damage at all.

Mage with cauterize
    Priest with Dispersion
    dk with AMS/TB Trinket
    Hunter with Deflect
    and rogue with Cheat Death
    have a fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kayble View Post
    Bubble and Ice Block do not work
    Actually, they do work. The problem is that you can't trigger the bounce if you're taking the ball while in ice block or paly bubbled. There is a slight delay between when the bounce triggers and the damage happens, so if your timing is perfect, you can hit the ball then ice block/bubble. It's really tricky though. The way we use these, we have the mage and paly paired with someone else for one of the higher bounces, so that the one their paired with can trigger the bounce, and they take no damage. For example, we have a boomkin with our paly who pops barkskin and gets hand of sac from the paly, while the paly bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Why wouldn't Dispersion work at high stacks? It's not like the explosion deals over a million damage even at high stacks.

GS works against the next attack which would otherwise kill you, it's the same mechanic as AD, doesn't matter how much damage you take.
    On 25 heroic past 4 or 5 bounces it can easily kill through dispersion.

GS is capped at 200% of the target's health. And on 25man the orb can definitely kill a shadow priest through dispersion at high stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap View Post
    On 25 heroic past 4 or 5 bounces it can easily kill through dispersion.
    We do 9 bounces the first time around and use dispersion to soak it, on 25 heroic, and our spriests end up with ~20-30% health I'd say. Assuming they were topped before it.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by rohniin View Post
    Hunter with Deflect
    uhm no. tenchars

10+ Year Old Account
    How high? Our spriest dispersions it @ 7 stacks w/ no problem.

Deleted

Yes it does, GS can't soak infinite damage. I believe it was 250% of the player's health as the max, or something like that. It's not like AD, they changed it to have a max limit on damage it can "absorb" a while back when people were abusing it on Valiona and Theralion in T11. But I guess I was wrong on those 2, I thought the ball did over a million damage on heroic, I guess it doesn't get quite that high.

Yes it does, GS can't soak infinite damage. I believe it was 250% of the player's health as the max, or something like that. It's not like AD, they changed it to have a max limit on damage it can "absorb" a while back when people were abusing it on Valiona and Theralion in T11. But I guess I was wrong on those 2, I thought the ball did over a million damage on heroic, I guess it doesn't get quite that high.
    It does, in 25 man. With as little als 2 stacks, even. It's lower in 10man, since there are less people to soak it.

Deleted
    Yeah, sure, but in 25 man chances are high that you'll hat you'll have several classes who can take it, so just pair them together.

On 10 man we do it with 9-7-7, 8th stack on mele with aura mastery, 9th and than all 7th are on ranged SP with disp. Also we burn during tentacle phase, just ignoring and healing through the damage (40k smites are awesome at that point).