Deleted

Yor Sahj HC Mana Void

I wonder if you can save mana voids or if they dissapear if you don't kill them?

You can save them. It's quite a common tactic.

Save the first one, put it on 10-20% and use mana hymns, innervates, etc. Kill it when the next one has spawned - not before or you risk losing it totally.

For many raids first kills of Yor'sajh, saving the first mana void isn't really a option, it's a requirement. Our raid runs 8-9 mana users. If we don't piggyback the mana voids in heroic, we die to any ooze combination while trying to kill the mana void in time (other than the first one of course where we blow full mana CDs).

I've personally didnt agree this tactic would work very well but actually it does.. The problem is managing your healers to survive the first big trouble combo (2 adds mana void and stack) if they can heal that without no death then the mana gets to an infinite loop: ManaVoid drops, kill the one before full mana again. repeat and go.

We actually used BL on the phase with 2 adds to help our healers on that..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    When the first void appears, leave it alive about 30% or so hp. Have the people use cds to get mana back: hymn, mana tide, divine plea etc. When the 2nd one spawns and drains you're mana (similar to the first) kill the 30% void asap.

Deleted
    When me and my guild killed him we always killed the adds first and then waited for the next oozes to spawn until we finished the mana voids. This require good heals that know how to actually heal. (or just pop mana cds)

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 01:41 PM ----------

this is how we did it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYxe8...zNLm5eBuRTnCNw

Quote Originally Posted by Suthi View Post
    I've personally didnt agree this tactic would work very well but actually it does.. The problem is managing your healers to survive the first big trouble combo (2 adds mana void and stack) if they can heal that without no death then the mana gets to an infinite loop: ManaVoid drops, kill the one before full mana again. repeat and go.

We actually used BL on the phase with 2 adds to help our healers on that..
    The only hard-hitting combination where you actually have to use mana is RBY, if you kill Green. In this scenario, we just kill the mana void early so the healers are sure to have mana. Then we just repeat on the next one.

Of the six combinations, four in most strats have Purple, which ensures controlled casting and so low amounts of mana use, and the other two are a RBY, and the other has another blue anyway.

Anyway, after RBY, RBP (red, black, purple), is the next worst, and you just can't use mana in that one 'cause of the Purple.