Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    Who are the players? Anet team? I think I saw a ranger with a longbow standing close to the mob. Not sure that's how you are intended to play.
    The ranger with the Longbow is Eir an npc from Edge of destiny,also there is no minimum range in gw doubt its going to be in 2.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    This is to everyone saying the combat resembles WoW's, if any of you have ever played Kingdom hearts 1 and 2(if not go youtube it). The combat system in GW2 (melee anyways) mostly resembles that instead of WoW's.
    I love you..

Except... Natsu > luffy.

I can understand why in a lot of the videos people think it seems similar to wow, because the players are playing it like they are used to from wow.

I really hope that as you level (since it should be a learning process as you level) that the game really starts to punish you if you play it like that.

Lucky_ pretty otm here. It's not a matter of saying, "Here is how combat or dungeons work in GW2". It's crouched in fan-ism and hype; "GW2 will have more Hardcore dungeons than any MMO!".

And that just leads to either, "Ehhhh" or "Right on, GW2 is gonna be a revolution!".

Don't get me wrong, I'm counting the days to play this game, I was just commenting on what I saw on that video. Mobs seemed to just stood there while the players smashed them with abilities. Of course this could be maybe because it's the story mode or just a demo to show the dungeon, but that doesn't mean that I totally liked the gameplay that I saw. The same goes for DE's like Tequalth (spelling?), the dragon just stood there while the players hit him or his minions. Hopefully we will see more engaging combats when the game goes live.

Well the mobs do dodge, swap weapons, and kite so it's not like you are going to play whack a mole there.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the mobs do dodge, swap weapons, and kite so it's not like you are going to play whack a mole there.
    How is "dodging a telegraphed attack" not "reacting on environmental input to dynamically adjust rotation"?

I recall hitting AMS and going to sit in the fire for extra runic power in WotLK. It was the part of rotation on applicable encounters.

Looks very good, I hope that this is the wake up call Blizzard needs but the reality is this most likely going replace WOW for me.

@Lucky: thanks for your response, I think you misunderstood my argument, "statical" for me wasn't applied on the rotation but on the movement of the character. In other mmos I didn't move a lot while in combat because it made no difference. The attacks would still hit me. I pointed this out in my post about "incoming attacks". It's not my intention to build up too much hype... I still believe that my posts are based on the facts we got from Anet...

thanks for your reply, maybe others understood it the way you did, so I was able to clarify my statement.

@Fencers: really don't know what to say... I find it hard to point out the innovation without stating my experience on other mmos. The fact that recent mmos lose good raidcontent with each new expansion was something, I felt, I had to make in order to clarify why it will be different with GW2. Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by HaruGlory View Post
    The same goes for DE's like Tequalth (spelling?), the dragon just stood there while the players hit him or his minions. Hopefully we will see more engaging combats when the game goes live.
    Everyone is tasked to do events around the dragon to stop him. What you saw was players not doing what they should be doing. This is why i think people shouldn't judge until they have researched there information. Total Biscuit explains to you a dynamic event in his first video.

There is more then one thing to do in that battle against the Dragon, It is your misson as the player to decide what you think will help your team the most.

-Collect ammo for the players using the turret.
    -Take down certain mobs assisting in someway.

Assist your Fellow players! This is key. There is no trinity in this game so it is your duty as a player to make the difference. You could be the outcome of winning or loosing, assisting a team mate with a heal while they complete an objective.

Things like that, Don't take those two explanations in vein as i'm only giving examples.
    Last edited by Rivehn; 2012-01-27 at 01:46 AM.

I don't see what's so different? It seems like any mmo with Asian style.

THAT is what everyone is super-hyped about? LOL, it looks horrible. Character animations don't match up with the ground underneath, just like GW1. Game just looks bad.

Prepare to be disappointed again. At least this one has no monthly fee.

Please post constructively. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-27 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    What is an asian style? I find wow to be more asian than gw.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    THAT is what everyone is super-hyped about? LOL, it looks horrible. Character animations don't match up with the ground underneath, just like GW1. Game just looks bad.
    lolwut?

Have you ever played WoW?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

What is an asian style? I find wow to be more asian than gw.
    Asian as in movements and all that Enviroment is not Asian, just the characters, not that they look like they're asian, just the model type, etc.

And from what I could see from other videos as how dungeons look, it just looks the same as other mmos really. I hope they're not, but am 99% certain they are.

Well ok, I'm still unsure what an asian style is. Not just from your comment but I hear this, not just for gw but for many games, a lot about different styles. However, nobody has ever come out to say what that style is.

I mean in art you can distinguish between impressionism, surrealism, cubism, pop art, well you get the idea. But what distinguish's asian art from western art and how does that apply in a video game?

This is gonna turn out like the "how could you not be hyped about gw2" thread disaster.

Well ok, I'm still unsure what an asian style is. Not just from your comment but I hear this, not just for gw but for many games, a lot about different styles. However, nobody has ever come out to say what that style is.

I mean in art you can distinguish between impressionism, surrealism, cubism, pop art, well you get the idea. But what distinguish's asian art from western art and how does that apply in a video game?
    Go look at how Gears of War looks then look how Final Fantasy looks. I don't mean and want to go into some insane debate, but just saying that to me it looks like it, I didn't say it's bad, just that it looks like that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Maybe because it was the Korean demo and they gave players higher level armor to appeal to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

As much as i wanna say something, its better left unsaid. Some people just don't take the time to research before saying things.