Thread: Mr robot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    Alright, let's use EJ's weights then and see if it makes sense.

-.68*128.05716*1.92+.23*1.90*179.28004+1.68*179.28004*.33-.06*2.48*30.0272 = 6.0787562

Using EJ's weights, the reforging it told you to do is a gain. Unless I did the expertise portion incorrectly, which is possible, as the ratings would be much nicer to see.
    Lol did you even think about the math before you did it. You don't even have to do the math out to show that it is an inferior reforge as you are straight up trading hit, expertise both perfectly at cap + haste for hit over softcap, expertise under cap and crit + mastery. Unless there was some other stat gain factored in it is impossible for it to be better as stat weights are linear. You can do a proof by induction that it is impossible to be better.

p.s. It is also possible that the OP is doing masterfrost however his mastery level seems to indicate otherwise...
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-01-27 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    and if those of you who don't like it post your characters
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    You don't even have to do the math.
    Actually, you do. Unless you can eyeball .06% dodge and tell me how much better that would of been versus the .XX crit%.

I use the web site as a guide line, and as an easier way to see my stats on the table. Other then that I think it spits lousy advice at me time to time. Never the less, easier on the eyes to look at the over all nature of my stats.
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2012-01-27 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    What he said.

Actually, you do. Unless you can eyeball .06% dodge and tell me how much better that would of been versus the .XX crit%.
    *facepalm*

What part of stat weights are linear when considered by AMR or wowreforge for that matter did you not understand lol. And this is expertise we are talking about not even some haste thresholds (for example) that can possibly drastically change stat weights (of which neither AMR or wowreforge or other reforge even handle by default). Expertise doesn't lose value just because you are getting close to a cap... In fact by that reasoning you can do another proof by induction that expertise is worthless as a secondary stat.

So yeah regarding your question my answer is: go do some math if you can't reason it out without a calculator, might enlighten some people -.-"". Though I do advise you to take into consideration all of the reforgings to avoid getting some stupid results and arriving at stupid conclusions.

p.s. @ SSHA778's math if you calculate out the stats gain/loss you will find that they do not match (and they should considering you don't just "gain" stats by reforging). Like I said before unless there is some external factor aka changing of gear blahblah that is effecting the results, it is impossible for the OP's reforgings to be inferior. I suspect your expertise value is how many points it take to raise the expertise number by 1 while the char sheet is chance to be dodged/parried...

Anyway if you want an easier example to work with I have my DK armory in my sig and if you plug it into AMR and have it optimize it only via reforging you will find that it will return a LOWER stat weight total than before
    Last edited by Jinto; 2012-01-27 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I suspect your expertise value is how many points it take to raise the expertise number by 1 while the char sheet is chance to be dodged/parried...
    Which would be why I said giving me the ratings would be better. If you do the ratio of .06/.25, then you end up with something like -7, or some other small negative number--I don't remember and don't plan to do it again. In any event, even if the OP were to do 100 tests, he would not find a statistically significant difference in damage dealt. While that doesn't say what he was recommended to do was optimal, it does say that it's pretty close enough to optimal to be indistinguishable realistically. I also made the assumption that AMR uses the same stat weights as EJ, which would make sense, but that needs to be verified. After all, I sholdn't be using EJ's weights to see what the program does--I should be using the program's weights to see what the program does.

It wouldn't have made much difference what weights you used as long as their relative values are similar anyway as the OP neglected to to mention some stuff. I didn't feel like doing the math out because I didn't think it would add up and I didn't feel like bothering to figure out why (probably an enchant change on top of reforges) as his example would have still worked out after filling in some blanks.

Anyway now that we recognize that whatever reforging AMR gave is not the best and typically a bit worse than wowreforge (theoretically) then we are all on the same page. Whatever you decide to do with that info is up to you...

Looking at your DK, it doesn't list any changes. Nice rant though.

Errr I logged out in wowreforge reforgings. AMR is not dumb enough to optimize for less (I even stated this in my first post)... Go clear all the reforges and try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for proving that Ask Mr Robot is still an amazing website for optimising.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1