Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    AK's make me feel dirty. And not in the awesome way. I fucking hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  2. #162
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    AK's make me feel dirty. And not in the awesome way. I fucking hate them.
    It's 'cause theys made by them der commies!

    But no, I agree. I prefer American made rifles over just about anything else. They just feel right.

  3. #163
    Scarab Lord Blznsmri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It's 'cause theys made by them der commies!

    But no, I agree. I prefer American made rifles over just about anything else. They just feel right.
    Has more to do with how they're made and assembled. How they buckle when fired and how they're designed to put more bullets down range than the next guy. If I wanted something Full Auto I'd fire off an M249, M240, M60 or MA-2. For assault rifles, I prefer the M-16A4 or the M-4A1.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

  4. #164
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Has more to do with how they're made and assembled. How they buckle when fired and how they're designed to put more bullets down range than the next guy. If I wanted something Full Auto I'd fire off an M249, M240, M60 or MA-2. For assault rifles, I prefer the M-16A4 or the M-4A1.
    I agree with this, but I myself prefer German engineering when it comes to assault rifles ^.^
    Don't get me wrong, I love the M4, but with the gas impingement system I would never bet my life on one. That's why I like the HK416, AK quality reliability with M4 accuracy, handling and feeling. Best of both worlds!

  5. #165
    The thing I most love about my AKs is how different they all are.

    My Romy kit built GP1975 isn't like my Yugo M70B1, or NHM91, or PSL. AKs are a gun collectors dream because of how many variants are there.

    I plan to get an AMD-63, Draco, Romy RPK, SGL31, AK in .22lr, Yugo M76, and Saiga 308 before I consider my collection complete.

    I would like to get a Yugo M95 but I don't think that's going to happen.

  6. #166
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,233
    The 416 still uses a gas system. The perfect carbine would be be one that is a reliable blowback design. They are also expensive cause of the letters HK .what i see hitting us infantry hands before that would be a piston ar chambered in 300 blackout. I really see the blk pushing away the 5.56nato

  7. #167
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,141
    So for those of you with AR 15's, what are you using for optics?
    Personally I prefer the aimpoint, I have to use and eotech at work and it just washes out the target way too much, I hate the ACOG in a CQB setting so for me it's aimpoint with flip up iron sights.

  8. #168
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    The 416 still uses a gas system. The perfect carbine would be be one that is a reliable blowback design. They are also expensive cause of the letters HK .what i see hitting us infantry hands before that would be a piston ar chambered in 300 blackout. I really see the blk pushing away the 5.56nato
    Yes, the HK416 uses a gas system, but it is a piston system which makes it infinitely more reliable than an M4 or M16. The US military doesn't seem like they want to switch from 556, they seem to like it and our Spec ops teams are already using and LOVING the 416.

  9. #169
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,233
    Im using an eotech 512 on mine. Cheap simple works great. tho mine is a 9mm so i didn't need magnification. Hot flip ups too

  10. #170
    Guns don't kill people, tissue damage caused by transferred kinetic energy kills people.

  11. #171
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Guns don't kill people, tissue damage caused by transferred kinetic energy kills people.
    I should put that on a shirt, lol.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    As far as I'm concerned guns fall into the same category as fancy cars, big trucks and bodybuilding. It's all compensation for something else.

    <Infracted>
    You have a doll as an avatar. No one cares what you think.

    ON TOPIC: There are few things that bring tears to my eyes, but that gun is one of them.

  13. #173
    Brewmaster Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    As far as I'm concerned guns fall into the same category as fancy cars, big trucks and bodybuilding. It's all compensation for something else.

    <Infracted>
    Ok lets break down the uses for such things.

    1. Guns: Target shooting (for fun), Hunting (for fun and food), Self defense (self explanatory).
    2. Fancy cars: If they have the money and nothing else to spend it on, why not? If I had a couple million dollars you wouldn't see me driving around in a honda.
    3. Big trucks: I donno, hauling/transporting stuff? People like contractors need big trucks for work.
    4. Bodybuilding: Some people don't like being fat. I personally have an extremely slow metabolism, I need to do a lot of muscle building workouts to keep my weight down.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-01-27 at 09:18 AM.

  14. #174
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,233
    Its true...i like small guns like .50s to compensate for my large penis lol

  15. #175
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Ok lets break down the uses for such things.

    1. Guns: Target shooting (for fun), Hunting (for fun and food), Self defense (self explanatory).
    2. Fancy cars: If they have the money and nothing else to spend it on, why not? If I had a couple million dollars you wouldn't see me driving around in a honda.
    3. Big trucks: I donno, hauling/transporting stuff? People like contractors need big trucks for work.
    4. Bodybuilding: Some people don't like being fat. I personally have an extremely slow metabolism, I need to do a lot of muscle building workouts to keep my weight down.
    Yep,
    1. Guns, I carry one for a living it's only right I should be proficient with them.
    2. Fancy cars, meh i like looking but wouldn't own one, now a badass bike sure.
    3. Big Trucks, well what else am I going to pull my 20' boat with?
    4. Bodybuilding, again I have to stay in shape for my job and the client prefers if I look imposing as opposed to weak and spindly. Plus, I've generally found women to prefer muscle over fat.

  16. #176
    Herald of the Titans kailtas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,959
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yes, the HK416 uses a gas system, but it is a piston system which makes it infinitely more reliable than an M4 or M16. The US military doesn't seem like they want to switch from 556, they seem to like it and our Spec ops teams are already using and LOVING the 416.
    My Brother is using one in his military training here in Norway.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

    - Prince Malchezaar

  17. #177
    guns dont kill people.. idiots and criminals kill people.. perhaps we need laws to allow the genocide of morons? think before you speak.

    and that gun is awesome looking... looks sexy.

  18. #178
    Bloodsail Admiral MKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heavenly, Tahoe, California/Nevada
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    It's 'cause theys made by them der commies!

    But no, I agree. I prefer American made rifles over just about anything else. They just feel right.
    If you watch the show sons of guns they just made a gun that's as reliable as the AK and the shop owner is going to D.C to talk to congress etc about getting the gun into military etc. They dragged it through sand/dirt , submerged it into water and it still fired full auto completely fine and it is extremely accurate.


    Here you go:

  19. #179
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702


    Like the article says:

    Whilst it is not pretty, in fact it is downright ugly
    Do looks matter?



    Kids shooting...
    pro-gun liberal

  20. #180
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,141
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    If you watch the show sons of guns they just made a gun that's as reliable as the AK and the shop owner is going to D.C to talk to congress etc about getting the gun into military etc. They dragged it through sand/dirt , submerged it into water and it still fired full auto completely fine and it is extremely accurate.
    Yeah, I've done some training down at JESTC in Baton Rouge where those guys use the range often, they sure did take some chunks out of the range barriers using god knows what kind of guns, never had the chance to meet them though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •