Thread: Chat Tabs

Chat Tabs

Is there any way to copy over what chat tabs I have created from character to character?
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Good question. I recently got a new computer, so I copied my wtf and interface folders over from my old pc. All my addons were fine, but the chat tabs had "reset" themselves to the default configuration :/
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't do anything other than copy my wtf/interface folders over to my new SSD and everything was saved from my old hdd...

Well what it is I have the tabs I want, like whispers, officer, guild, etc, set up on on character. I didnt want to have to redo these on all 10 of my characters.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

If anyone knows how please say!

bump to see if anyone has an idea

It appears that the settings for a given character are stored two files, found in \WTF\Account\*accountname*\*servername*\*charactername*\

Copy the chat-cache.txt and layout-local.txt files to the other character.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    It appears that the settings for a given character are stored two files, found in \WTF\Account\*accountname*\*servername*\*charactername*\

Copy the chat-cache.txt and layout-local.txt files to the other character.
    Thanks, I'll do that.