Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Anime] Code geass R2 Lelouch Alive?

I just have to have some other people opinion on if Lelouch is alive or not to FINALY put my mind at ease.I think he is alive but i am not 100% certain of it.

Watch the final scene also there should be a r3 soon

At the end of the show? He looked pretty dead to Skelington.

lol what? Have you not seen the final episode, it's pretty clear he is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeekiel View Post
    Where did you hear that? Code geass ended pretty nicely and while it was a great anime it would be silly to bring it back for a 3rd season.

Sigh credits i mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    At the end of the show? He looked pretty dead to Skelington.
    I believe he's talking about this?

I think this was apart of the director's cut or something along those lines?

In any case, I'm ambivalent towards an R3.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-01-26 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post

[video=youtube;yETnBa0SRZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yETnBa0SRZI[video]

I think that was apart of the director's cut or something along those lines.
    Hmmmmm... Skelington never saw that. Pretty neat. Seems like enough to say that he is alive.

I think that was apart of the director's cut or something along those lines.
    Nah, that's how it originally aired.

And she says Lelouch but it's not really clear if she is just speaking to herself or if she's speaking to the driver. The little laugh seems to indicate she is speaking to the driver though. There are lots of fan theories one way or the other

Deleted
    Personally I took the ending to mean that he survives. I remember looking into it quite a lot but it's been quite a while since I watched it. There are arguments for both sides, some hinting at the immortality you can gain from Geass (like the emperor was trying to/had achieved...I think) or something along those lines. Or you can take it as CC saying that as some sort of spiritual connection. Nevertheless, I like the version where Lelouch is alive and its even possible he's the guy holding the reins;p

As for R3, it's supposedly set in the same universe but Lelouch is definitely not the main character and possibly not even featured.

To give you the straight up answer, no one knows for sure except Goro Taniguchi and Ichiro Okouchi. It's a highly debated subject among fans, and has only been addressed very briefly by the creators of the show. The most they've ever said on the subject is that, "Lelouch's story has come to a full stop" and when asked about in an interview, Goro Taniguchi acted very dodgy.

No one has any real evidence, though there are many many theories. If Lelouch is alive, I don't expect to see anything of him until after Akito The Exiled and Renya The Dark are finished. If you wish to read hundreds of pages of debates about it, go to Animesuki. It's been debated to death on those forums in several different threads.

Edit: The above video and any pictures associated with it are not from a director's cut, they are fan made and have been proven false thousands of times.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeekiel View Post
    There will not be an R3. Season 3 of Code Geass is called Akito The Exiled and will follow a man named Akito who's fighting in the European front during 2017 ATB. The term R3 is also fundamentally flawed, as R2 doesn't mean season 2. R2 Stands for Rebellion and Reconstruction. In think the first one was Rebellion anyway. I forget if it was that or some other word. Either way, it doesn't mean season 2, and it's definitely not a clever way of saying that Lelouch is alive like some fans have argued.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 09:32 PM ----------

I'm pretty ambivalent towards an R3. It really depends on which characters may or may not come back, and how they'll handle the story line.

[Spoiler] From what I've heard of r3, there's five things that are "confirmed" thus far.

- The story line takes place in different time period (Think Afro Samurai type setting).
    - The story line focuses on a new character similar in appearance to Lelouch.
    - CC (C2?) makes a return.
    - Lelouch makes a possible return as an immortal.
    - Mech-suits won't exist, at least initially.
    All false. It sounds like you're describing Renya The Dark, which is a canonical manga set in the Edo period. The main character is Renya, someone that looks very similar to Suzaku. C.C. does make a return. There is a character that looks a lot like Lelouch, he's some kind of magical phantom that comes of out Renya when C.C. tries to give him a Geass. He looks like Lelouch, just older, with long hair, and he's wearing fairly elaborate clothes with the Black Knight symbol on it. Renya is still ongoing, and there's no plan to turn it into an anime at this point.

The next anime season will be this. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109608
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-01-26 at 09:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    All false. It sounds like you're describing Renya The Dark, which is a canonical manga set in the Edo period. The main character is Renya, someone that looks very similar to Suzaku. C.C. does make a return. There is a character that looks a lot like Lelouch, he's some kind of magical phantom that comes of out Renya when C.C. tries to give him a Geass. He looks like Lelouch, just older, with long hair, and he's wearing fairly elaborate clothes with the Black Knight symbol on it. Renya is still ongoing, and there's no plan to turn it into an anime at this point.

The next anime season will be this. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=109608
    Yeah seemed pretty fishy, so after doing some digging around, I concluded the Code Geas I was thinking of was of a different Code Geass series >.<.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-01-26 at 09:43 PM.

Yeah seemed pretty fishy, so after doing some digging around, I concluded it was false >.<.
    Believe me, no one wants him to be alive more than me lol. At least he's got a magical phantom look-alike in the past right? Maybe that means there's hope for the future. Also, I get the feeling some people here may not have seen this, so I may as well link it. R2 Episode 25.01, the picture drama.

I think this was apart of the director's cut or something along those lines?

In any case, I'm ambivalent towards an R3. It really depends on which characters may or may not come back, and how they'll handle the story line without any mech suits, which I hear R3 lacks.
    No i am not specifically talking about that.Just the show hints that he IS alive and it also hints that he IS dead.Such as the tomb that Lelouch was supposedly berried in was heading towred the sun hints that he is dead.Or that C.C was talking to him at the end.And like i said i would like to believe he is alive just for the sake of living and knowing he accomplished the impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    lol what? Have you not seen the final episode, it's pretty clear he is dead

Where did you hear that? Code geass ended pretty nicely and while it was a great anime it would be silly to bring it back for a 3rd season.
    Season 3 IS confirmed. However it's not R3 but more of a sidestory set in europe.

Also some say the cart driver is lelouch and he gained immortality by causing his fathers death. Others say he is indeed dead includibg the director. But the material for a retcon IS there so who knows really.

Oh damn just watched this I can't remember seeing it at the end of the last episode.

I remember her talking to herself but I don't remember it ever cutting to the driver in that scene before.

It looks like he is alive then

edit: it kinda ruins the ending to the show, it's a lot less meaningful knowing he is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by kaloth View Post
    No i am not specifically talking about that.Just the show hints that he IS alive and it also hints that he IS dead.Such as the tomb that Lelouch was supposedly berried in was heading towred the sun hints that he is dead.Or that C.C was talking to him at the end.And like i said i would like to believe he is alive just for the sake of living and knowing he accomplished the impossible.
    Like I said, it's debatable. Some fans think he's alive, some think he's dead. There's circumstantial evidence on both sides, but nothing concrete. The creators refuse to a concrete official statement on the subject.

My own personal take on it; I think death in Code Geass isn't permanent and some or all people are reincarnated when they die, and have probably lived multiple lives throughout history. I have no solid proof for that statement, but one theory is as good as the next. The closest thing I have the resembles proof is that Lelouch's Geass didn't fail on Shirley when he told her to not die. It clearly works on her, but her answer indicates that she believes she'll be reborn.

Here's some fun facts that some people like to try and use as proof.

1. Codes can only be given to those with Geass in both eyes. Once Lelouch's Geass is in both eyes, Charles' code, (the palm of his right hand) makes physical contact with Lelouch's skin. When Suzaku tries to stop Charles from grabbing Lelouch, Lelouch tells him to not interfere. Therefore Lelouch met all known requirements of receiving a code.

2. After Lelouch is mortally wounded he covers the palm of his right hand in blood. Charles' code only appeared after he was mortally wounded when he shot himself.

3. Having a code gives you the power to grant Geass. When Lelouch is speaking to Suzaku about the metaphorical Geass of wishes Suzaku says, "This Geass I do solemnly accept." During that scene one of Suzaku's eyes is covered due to the angle.

Take all that however you want. If to you, it means Lelouch is alive, then that's great. It's the closest to proof you're gonna get lol.

---------- Post added 2012-01-26 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Season 3 IS confirmed. However it's not R3 but more of a sidestory set in europe.

Also some say the cart driver is lelouch and he gained immortality by causing his fathers death. Others say he is indeed dead includibg the director. But the material for a retcon IS there so who knows really.
    Goro Taniguch never said Lelouch is dead. In the interview, his exact words are, "Lelouch's story has come to a full stop." Many believe he dodged the question.

Quote Originally Posted by alms1407 View Post
    Oh damn just watched this I can't remember seeing it at the end of the last episode.

I remember her talking to herself but I don't remember it ever cutting to the driver in that scene before.

It looks like he is alive then

edit: it kinda ruins the ending to the show, it's a lot less meaningful knowing he is alive.
    As said already, that video is fan made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Like I said, it's debatable. Some fans think he's alive, some think he's dead. There's circumstantial evidence on both sides, but nothing concrete. The creators refuse to a concrete official statement on the subject.

My own personal take on it; I think death in Code Geass isn't permanent and some or all people are reincarnated when they die, and have probably lived multiple lives throughout history. I have no solid proof for that statement, but one theory is as good as the next. The closest thing I have the resembles proof is that Lelouch's Geass didn't fail on Shirley when he told her to not die. It clearly works on her, but her answer indicates that she believes she'll be reborn.

Here's some fun facts that some people like to try and use as proof.

1. Codes can only be given to those with Geass in both eyes. Once Lelouch's Geass is in both eyes, Charles' code, (the palm of his right hand) makes physical contact with Lelouch's skin. When Suzaku tries to stop Charles from grabbing Lelouch, Lelouch tells him to not interfere. Therefore Lelouch met all known requirements of receiving a code.

2. After Lelouch is mortally wounded he covers the palm of his right hand in blood. Charles' code only appeared after he was mortally wounded when he shot himself.

3. Having a code gives you the power to grant Geass. When Lelouch is speaking to Suzaku about the metaphorical Geass of wishes Suzaku says, "This Geass I do solemnly accept." During that scene one of Suzaku's eyes is covered due to the angle.

Take all that however you want. If to you, it means Lelouch is alive, then that's great. It's the closest to proof you're gonna get lol.

Goro Taniguch never said Lelouch is dead. In the interview, his exact words are, "Lelouch's story has come to a full stop." Many believe he dodged the question.

As said already, that video is fan made.
    Well that is the beauty of japanese some translate it the other way. Though i'm more inclined to agree with what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Well that is the beauty of japanese some translate it the other way. Though i'm more inclined to agree with what you said.
    I've seen a few translations for it, and none of them seemed to be definitive. Also, during the actual interview, he seemed nervous when the question was asked, and he took some time with answering it. It's not like he just came right out and said, "Oh, that guy? Yeah he's dead. He's rotting in the ground and he's never coming back. Any fan that thinks he's alive is retarded."

It's all quite ambiguous.

In typical sunrise fashion, he's not dead.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously hope not. The entire point of the Zero Requiem was to... die, and let the hatred engulfing the world die with him. I love Lulu, but paying for creating rivers of blood/serial mind rape with his life was a bittersweet ending, considering what we know as viewers. "By the way, he's alive; he married C.C. and had little green-and-raven-haired kids" would be an unnecessary tidbit and cheapen the story for me.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-01-27 at 12:20 AM.