Discussion about Jugg/Guarding Tank Spec in PVP

Anyone else here spend a reasonable amount of time in WZs with their tank specced jugg/guard?

I leveled 100% tank, i like tanking FP's, and i even have fun playing the tank role in WZ's. With a friend or two on vent, especially healers, i have a reasonable experience.

my issue is I do such amazingly lackluster damage that i feel almost worthless overall. dont get me wrong, i provide a reasonable value to my teammates, keeping them alive for longer, especially when the opfor just ignore me and wale on my shielded target after an aoe taunt. but when engaging enemies alone, or on Ilum/world pvp - i am worthless.

so far i only have my pvp saber, boots, and implant. i am HOPING this is my issue, and as soon as i get more gear i will even out and at least be able to kill things, anything, by myself.

can anyone provide their experiences? i know i could respect rage and do damage but i dont want to play rage. and i dont need to do rage level damage, i just want to be able to do some reasonable damage and provide the tank utility.

Thanks

This is the tank-ish PvP build I've been playing. Gear is a big part of it, but make sure you're picking up the DPS set he mentions - I'm still leveling and I have a tank PvE set, so I'm using tank PvE gear, and it's... a bit blah.

yeah most of my gear is the pve gear i leveled in, but i bought a fair amount of mods at 50 for my orange pieces.

the pvp gear i have bought is all dps gear, being that tank stats are kinda broken for pvp.

ill read the guide and spec and give it a shot tonight - thanks for the link.

my issue is I do such amazingly lackluster damage that i feel almost worthless overall. dont get me wrong, i provide a reasonable value to my teammates, keeping them alive for longer, especially when the opfor just ignore me and wale on my shielded target after an aoe taunt. but when engaging enemies alone, or on Ilum/world pvp - i am worthless.
    Don't expect to be a tank and deal insane damage, Blood DK you are not. You bring more to your teammates than just damage, guard is seriously OP in PVP although can be dealt with . You might not do a lot of damage but you can 1v1 almost anyone because you take little damage, I crit a tank for 300 with Grav Round one time (wtf).

I have to /sigh whenever I see a tank in pvp as to me its all about killing each other, not running around tickling people to death

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    Don't expect to be a tank and deal insane damage, Blood DK you are not. You bring more to your teammates than just damage, guard is seriously OP in PVP although can be dealt with . You might not do a lot of damage but you can 1v1 almost anyone because you take little damage, I crit a tank for 300 with Grav Round one time (wtf).

I have to /sigh whenever I see a tank in pvp as to me its all about killing each other, not running around tickling people to death
    as i said, i dont expect to do as much damage as a DPS class. i understand i bring more to the table. but i cant 1v1 anyone. my personal defense is pretty sad, being that 80% of player damage types totally ignore my mitigation stats. my mitigation is mainly against weapon damage, and most people to elemental or kinetic damage (even with their weapons) which totally ignores my mitigation. i can keep other people alive much better then i can keep myself alive. i have 2 damage reduction cooldowns for myself, and your 300 crit probably hit a jugg while he was being guarded, or you where taunted, and he had that popped. which are on 3m cds.

i have a 25 sorc and ill top meters and 1v1 other people all day. i know my way around pvp. maybe i am missing something major with the jugg, always possible.

I hit 50 recently, and i find myself stuck at 6/7 medals.

2k Guard
    5k Guard
    10k Guard
    75k damage
    Killing Blow
    10 Kills

Now ofc, getting '1on1' or getting '1' defender points its kinda rng or atleast it seems (defender is rng based on what map)

Can anyone tell me how they are now getting: 2.5k heal (after the biochem nerf) or the 2.5k single hit as a jugg (I can only manage about 1.6k a hit)

Cheers.