The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

need help, when computer sleeps cant turn screen back on with mouse/keyboard

as topic descrip says, when my computer goes into sleep mode or w/e its called after not using it for a while, it wont come back on with the pressing of the keyboard/mouse. this just started happening yesterday morning, and im not sure what it could be caused by. if i leave the computer idle for a bit, the screen will turn off and i can turn it back on with the keyboard/mouse, but if i leave it on overnight the screen wont turn back on with the keyboard or mouse. i recently put in 4 more gigs of ram, but besides that didnt do anything else to my computer. saw some people saying usb devices cause this issue sometimes but i dont know if that is the actual cause. any help would be appreciated

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    update drivers, video drivers..thats a start. or is it an asus board? ive heard that they had problems with that but i think they are fixed now.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    update drivers, video drivers..thats a start. or is it an asus board? ive heard that they had problems with that but i think they are fixed now.
    its a biostar tz68a+, drivers are updated, just started happening the night of putting in my new ram, dont know why it only does it when it sleeps overnight and not when its only for a little bit

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would make sure in the BIOS the computer is set to wake on usb device, and also check power settings in windows to make sure the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer from sleep.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    I would make sure in the BIOS the computer is set to wake on usb device, and also check power settings in windows to make sure the keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the computer from sleep.
    where in power options would i find that?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7? Start, Devices and printers, right click keyboard or mouse, select the device, properties, power management.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea they are allowed to wake it up, ill check bios after

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 01:05 AM ----------

ok, i went in, saw something labeled p2s keyboard and mouse or w/e on disabled in the wake option, i turned those to enabled, was that what i was looking for?

---------- Post added 2012-01-27 at 04:00 PM ----------

everything in the bios and power options for the keyboard and mouse are both set to enabled etc to allow them to turn it on, but it wont turn the computer on if its slept all night

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it was in sleep mode before, and when i pressed the space bar it restarted my computer, i have no idea whats going on

Mine would do this on my rig, when you moved mouse the pc lights would turn on but no picutre would show unless I hit the reset button then Windows would resume. I have an Asus board also, I just turned it so my pc dont sleep the screen will still shut down when idle but pc just dont sleep.

Deleted
    You can press start and run cmd

type "powercfg -a" to check what states are currently available, and why some are unnavailable.

Also "powercfg -lastwake" should report what happened in that last hibernate.
    Doing "powercfg -devicequery wake_armed" should report your keyboard and mouse , there are all the devices that can actually "pull" it from hibernate

Maybe it will help you troubleshoot it