Thread: Enslave Demon

Enslave Demon

Does anyone have any good/funny 'Enslave Demon' stories? I used it a lot during TBC with it being demon theme and all.

I remember this one time in Nagrand with the group quests were you need to kill that elite Talbuk, after some failures I decided to try and enslave one of the felguards that wandered nearby, it worked and felt kinda proud about it, that was my first use of Enslave Demon too, since then I tried it on every demon I could find and then wotlk came and I took it off my bar.

Very cool spell but it doesn't have that much use to be honest, atleast that's what I think.

Anyway, lets hear some good stories now.

Enslave demonform before the patch... GREAT!

Something evil I did on the first day of the Lunar Festival was to enslave one of the Minions of Omen and bring it to the area with the vendors in Nighthaven, made sure it's set to passive then watch as people of the other faction attack it and get ganked by the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Something evil I did on the first day of the Lunar Festival was to enslave one of the Minions of Omen and bring it to the area with the vendors in Nighthaven, made sure it's set to passive then watch as people of the other faction attack it and get ganked by the guards.
    Thumbs up for that one.

mm if i recall correctly , there was this elite Pit lord roaming around an encampment in Shadowmoon valley. back when there were alot of lvling toons, i used to lolwutwtf their pants with that dude... good times... good times.

Deleted
    You can enslave the eyes during the trash before the second boss in Well of Eternity. Not sure about the other trash in there. (Last boss won't be enslaved for some stupid reason... .) The spell isn't used that often anymore in my opinion. They said they removed Drain Mana because it was useless but Enslave Demon is worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurisaz View Post
    Thumbs up for that one.

mm if i recall correctly , there was this elite Pit lord roaming around an encampment in Shadowmoon valley. back when there were alot of lvling toons, i used to lolwutwtf their pants with that dude... good times... good times.
    Makazradon ? Good times indeed . I seem to remember being able to trick him out of the zone (while enslaved), without him de-spawning, but I can't recall the trick. I'm pretty sure I dragged him all the way through Terokkar Forest at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use it in HoO at Sethesh (or what his name is) Trashmobs. I enslave one of the 2 lesser Demons and let it fight against the big one. In most cases your enslaved Demon will die too so you have to fight less Trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in Vanilla, when I first learned this spell, I was in the Desolace in the Mannoroc Coven. I saw the opposite faction running around and questing, so I enslaved an infernal and sent it after him. As soon as he saw the infernal, he booked it. It was hilarious.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

This spell has soo much potential, but it is worthless in its current state. Take the time limit off and give us some things (outside of our Playbook) to use it on. Honestly, the time limit on enslave demon is a left over mechanic from the old DG/infernals when they were on a 1 hour cd, and had to be enslaved when you summoned them... This isnt much good now though with DG being one of our big dps cds.

Now you can't even zone in an instance w/o an enslaved demon despawning. Just another example of an old, really cool, RP mechanic that needs a little tlc, but has been made useless by the current Dev team. There could be so much potential.../

I loved it when you actually only had a few seconds to enslave your infernal/doomguard before they killed you when you summoned them (they were elites- back when elites took a 5man group to kill). I used to summon them at low-lvl ally camps, not enslave them, and just let them kill everyone in their path- those were the good old days...fun times
    Last edited by painweaver; 2012-01-27 at 07:02 PM.

Halls of Origination you can enslave the demons in front of Setesh, and use the abilities against the other trash mobs.
    Well of Eternity you can enslave the eyeballs and use it on the trash before Azshara (you can enslave the doom guards at the end though)

Since TBC there hasn't been a lot of demons in the game. The fel puppies in Grim Batol are minions of the ogres and cant be enslaved, and the imp on Mex Lord in ZA is the same i think. Minion of hexlord and cant be enslaved.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    I remember this one time in Nagrand with the group quests were you need to kill that elite Talbuk, after some failures I decided to try and enslave one of the felguards that wandered nearby, it worked and felt kinda proud about it, that was my first use of Enslave Demon too, since then I tried it on every demon I could find and then wotlk came and I took it off my bar.
    I did the same thing in TBC, only I used those felguards to solo every elite quest in the zone I was able to drag them to before the spell wore off. >.<
    I remember you could even use them to kill their big bad demon masters in the quest chain involving the Legion camps there. I felt totally overpowered.