Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coconutgod View Post
    Yeah, and 100 years ago we didn't have the internet or cars. Humans still got by and lived happily. What do you think will happen in todays society if internet was shut down tomorrow, and cars were forbidden? Huh?

Sigh, the "logic" of some people gives me the impression that they don't even bother to think about what they type. Yes, dual spec didn't exist several years ago in any MMO, and most players got by just fine. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it's not a nice and convenient feature to have. It removes one annoying aspect of the game. I don't understand why people are even against it. Do you enjoy having "minor" (as some of you call it) inconvenience?

Yes, it's annoying when you have to go farm credits (it's not difficult, but it requires time to finish your daily and stuff), go to the respec guy, THEN you have to put points into the trees, and then you have to customize your action bars. It's not 2 min, but closer to 15-20 mins for this entire "respec routine".

Another argument is that it's a credit sink, and the game needs that. True, I won't argue against that. But that can be solved by making dual spec costs a lot, for instance.

Bottom line: Dual spec it not really required, however it's a good feature that makes the game less annoying and tedious. Why are some people even against making the game more fun by removing the annoying aspects? Why? Beats me.
    Comparing people living in cava/house and dual specs in games is the stupidest thing i've heard in a long time.

There's a lot of mmo where you cant even respec your talents, and there's mmo where's you have to choose which stats to increase, and you cant respec that either.

If you did a healer, and you want to dps, you have to reroll.

Here, you just have to do your dailies (there's pve ones, and pvp ones), the rewards are great, and it gives you enough money to cover the respec costs.

Id like to be able to have a dual spec too, cause there's one spec that is more PvE oriented that the one i'm using now. But I searched for one that could be good for both pve and pvp, and I stick with it.

Talking about stupid arguments, you should look to yours. Comparing this to some pixels in a game, thats just pathetic xD.

I said it would be nice, but its no NECESSARY, and it doesnt RUINS the game.

I would love not to spend all this money, just so I can be a certain spec for my guild runs/pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Comparing people living in cava/house and dual specs in games is the stupidest thing i've heard in a long time.

There's a lot of mmo where you cant even respec your talents, and there's mmo where's you have to choose which stats to increase, and you cant respec that either.

If you did a healer, and you want to dps, you have to reroll.

Here, you just have to do your dailies (there's pve ones, and pvp ones), the rewards are great, and it gives you enough money to cover the respec costs.

Id like to be able to have a dual spec too, cause there's one spec that is more PvE oriented that the one i'm using now. But I searched for one that could be good for both pve and pvp, and I stick with it.

Talking about stupid arguments, you should look to yours. Comparing this to some pixels in a game, thats just pathetic xD.

I said it would be nice, but its no NECESSARY, and it doesnt RUINS the game.
    *WHooooooooosh* That's the sound of my point going over your head. The importance of the internet/cars vs. dual spec in a video game is obviously not what I'm trying to emphasis on. Again, sigh, why don't people spend 1 minute thinking before posting. Let me explain to you, since you obviously don't want to/have the brain power to read and comprehend.

My point is that just because people manage to get by without X feature Y years ago (whether that being the internet, airplanes, cars, or DUAL SPEC IN A VIDEO GAME), doesn't make it OK to introduce a "next generation" MMO that doesn't even have a feature most modern games today are released with.

For instance, in year 2014 Razer or Logitech releases a COMPLETELY NEW AND AWESOME gaming mouse, made for gamers! But guess what, this new mouse lacks scroll wheel and side buttons. In fact, it only has left and right click. You can't even change the DPI on it. How many "gamers" do you think will happily buy this? I mean, you can still play most game JUST FINE with just left and right click. Scroll wheel, scroll click, side buttons for extra keybinds etc. is not necessary, right? But it sure as hell is convenient.

The point is, we, humanity, and society as well as technology is supposed to progress forward, not backwards. Example, RIFT was released in 2011, same year as SWTOR. Guess what, on release the game allowed you to have 4-5 ( I can't remember exact) specs.

Now, to your "argument" that other games don't allow respec etc. FIst of all, we're talking about SWTOR here, not "other games". Second, in "other games" that you describe it, that don't allow respec in any way, shape or form, is INTENDED by the developers. The same way Bioware does not allow respec of advaned classes. Because it's THEIR game philosophy.

HOWEVER, bioware allows you to respec your talent trees in SWTOR, which means that they WANT you to experience the game from all perspectives of your advanced class, right? Otherwise, they would not have let you respec at all. My question is: IF bioware wants YOU to experience all sides of your advanced classes, why are they making it a painful process? By allowing respecs and claiming to have a rich game world with several aspects to it (PvE-raid, PvP, PvE-group, PvE-solo) and encouraging you to play "all aspects of the game", then why are they shooting themself in the foot by not letting you transition between these aspects in an easy manner?

"Talk about stupid arguments" - Right back at you, Mr. Smartass.

PS. It doesn't ruin the game for YOU, that's correct. But who are you to tell it doesn't ruin the game for others? Something YOU view as minor, others might view as gamebreaking. Everyone enjoys the game differently, and if by allowing dual spec would increase the enjoyment of those who view it as a hindrance and at the same time not reduce the enjoyment of the game for OTHER people, why shouldn't they introduce it? Why would some people be against other people having more fun, as long as their own enjoyment isn't affected? /mind boggle.