Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lack of Dual Spec -- ruining gameplay for anyone else?

Just wondering if it's only me. I'm currently hovering between a PvE and a PvP spec pretty much everyday because of my guild's needs.

When I got to 50 I was planning to get a PvE healing spec and just do that on my toon, but waiting for my friends to get to 50 I started pvping as dps and... well, I pretty much fell in love with it.

Now that my friends caught up with me I had to go back to my initial plan and I'm wasting 200k daily just for respecs. I reached a point where I'm just forcing myself not to pvp because so I don't leave my friends without a healer for flashpoints.

Is this how it is supposed to be? In a game with many different ways of playing we're stuck having to decide one of them and stick with that? I don't really like this and it's currently ruining my game time.

Am I the only one who believes this is top priority to implement?

Post this on the official forums so that Bioware can see it, that is the best way to get this fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be implemented sooner rather than later and I hope the devs realize this. For a number of reasons I want to see this asap but the biggest one is I like fucking around with hybrid builds and seeing what they can do. I'm less likely to do that with costs coming out the ass. I wouldn't say its "ruining the gameplay experience" for me per se, I can still quest easily as corruption spec. At the same time it's fun to play lots of rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I have no problem with respeccing, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    You have no problems with inconvenience? Cool come farm some money for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead horse. Being beaten. Again.

Why not post in the 4+ other threads I found about dualspec/AC respecs using the search function.

Ruining gameplay? No way. Minor inconvenience? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Ruining gameplay? No way. Minor inconvenience? Yes.
    This.

I would love to have the option, especially on my characters that have a tanking or healing tree in addition to the dps trees. But in no way is it ruining my gameplay.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, not an issue. Played wow for how many years without it, i figure it'll come within 6 months, but i don't see the immediate need.

I have not respec'd once, nor do I have any plans to. My commando PVP build has pretty much all the PVE talents I need. Respec costs reset every week, and credits aren't really hard to come by.

It is more of an inconvenience than anything, but I am sure they will put in it soon enough. The game has been out for a month, give it time.

I want a dual spec added asap so I have a dps and a tank spec, as our guild is low on tanks, but I kinda need the dps for solo play (dailies) and pvp

Moderate inconvenience.
    Gamebreaker? Nah, not so much.

Its not a hard demand. But it is one of those things that offer the player some convenience. It is ofcourse possible they are holding out for the Legacy system before they put this one in.

Also, im hoping if they finally do you can buy "slots" where you save your spec and keybinds. So you are not limited to dualspec, but get a multispec depending on how many slots you buy. Adds a little extra money sink aswell, im afraid credits are comming out of everyones ears in a few months.

Considering the cost resets every week (happened twice on a week, once), and its no hassle at all, no, not a gamebreaker at all.

Stop the cry for LFG, dual-specs and what not, please.

Oh wait, I forgot to add:

Dual-spec ruins the community! When WoW added dual-spec, the community went to hell in a handbasket!
    Oh wait, no, that's the "I hate LFG tool" rant. Dual-spec seems to work as an adequate scapegoat as well though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also think its only a minor inconvenience, not to mention the respec cost does reset every week so its really not that bad. People seem to be spoiled by that "other" mmo nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if people asked for planet to planet transport pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyshine View Post
    You have no problems with inconvenience? Cool come farm some money for me.
    Heaven forbid you would actually ever have to go out of your way to do something in a RPG

This isn't WoW where healers can't do any DPS at all and tanks are terribly subpar. Stop trying to compare it to WoW and you'll see why a dual spec isn't required.

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    I want a dual spec added asap so I have a dps and a tank spec, as our guild is low on tanks, but I kinda need the dps for solo play (dailies) and pvp
    The game was designed to make it easy to play solo as a tank/healer by using a well geared dps companion. Maybe your companion isn't geared enough?

OT: Dual spec will come in the future, but I feel no immediate need for it just yet. They stated that dual spec is more more mature games. WoW didn't get it until, what, 4 years after release? SWTOR will get it relatively sooner, no doubt.

I would classify it as a moderate inconvenience. Right now, the ratio of tanks:healers:dps needed in flashpoints is pretty wildly out of whack with requirements for ops. All 8-man content can be run with one tank (except maybe the bounty hunter bosses on nightmare? haven't raided at that level), and a lot of 16-man ops are also running with just one tank. While I'm sure players right now can and are re-speccing for ops, they're probably less likely to bother with the inconvenience just to run a flashpoint. My friendslist is almost composed entirely of tanks, and even during peak hours with 200+ people on IF finding a tank is like trying to catch a unicorn. That said, if you're just looking to do your daily, 3 dps + healer is just fine for HM BT, so at least there's that.