Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    There must be some cost reset mechanic in place, but it's screwy. I heard it was reset weekly, but then last night I respecced for the first time this week: 9700 credits. I repsecced again about 30 minutes later: 530 credits. WTF?
    It's bugged and makes no sense. I've heard that the cost does indeed reset, its just that the display of the cost doesn't reset and you need to have the gold in your bags even though it won't be subtracted. All kinds of crap like that. I put a ticket in, they're looking into it. This shouldn't take too long to fix.

OT If their not gonna give a dual spec anytime soon it should be very simple to add a cap to the respec cost which is the biggest factor prohibiting people from RESPSEC at their will.

Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I'm spoiled because I want to have fun in my game and play it to its fullest? Without having to decide if I should ditch my friends or play the other side of the game? Please, you are not into my position. Maybe for you it doesn't matter and it's just an inconvenience but for me currently it's game-breaking. It's ruining my game time.

Spending an INCREASING AMOUNT of money everyday so I can enjoy the game, might be an inconvenience at start but it will become a severe issue for me later, because I simply won't be able to afford it or anything else in the game.

EDIT: I also never talked about WoW or any other game, can we please keep it out of the discussion? It's unrelated. Thank you.
    Actually i was in your position before duel specs came to WoW and i had to switch specs often between pvp and pve and healing pvp and healing pve thats 4 different changes i had to make almost daily and did i complain? No it was the system i lived with and it didnt break the game for me i just made enough gold to pay for the respecs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play an Imperial Agent.

and the answer is no

I went into knowing the class I wanted to play and why. I experimented with every class up to 11-15 to get a feel for the playstyles.

As an operative I don't care for the stealth/melee spec. Also among every class I find that the 'shared spec' between advanced classes, is lame across ever class choice.

To be honest I think WoW has spoiled people. The whole purpose of dual spec was NOT because they really cared that you had more options to play, it was to SIMPLY to attempt to solve the problem of not having enough healers/tanks.

In terms of playing a healer and PvP (which is what I gather you heal (pve) and then you dps (pvp). I am going to take a shot in the dark and say you play a consular/sorcer. I say that because (a) dps sorcerer is ridiculously OP atm, with tons of control. (b) pvp healing is teh suk.

If the developers address both (a) and (b) I have a feeling you will be switching specs a little less.

People complain about TOR not having the features WoW has because it seems like they copied so many things from WoW and then half-assed them. Why even implement respec costs? As a money sink, or because WoW did it first? The latter I think. If they would just make it free, I'd have less of a problem with having to head to the skill mentor every time. But it's still an inconvenience that's completely unnecessary. One more thing keeping me from using my limited playtime effectively.

Lack of LFG tool just compounds the problem of no dual spec. If I see an opening advertised for the FP I'm looking for, it would nice to have the flexibility to join as either DPS or healer without having to take the time to reset skill points, distribute them all over again, replace the new skill abilities in their quickslots...

10+ Year Old Account
    People complain about TOR not having the features WoW has because it seems like they copied so many things from WoW and then half-assed them. Why even implement respec costs? As a money sink, or because WoW did it first? The latter I think. If they would just make it free, I'd have less of a problem with having to head to the skill mentor every time. But it's still an inconvenience that's completely unnecessary. One more thing keeping me from using my limited playtime effectively.

Lack of LFG tool just compounds the problem of no dual spec. If I see an opening advertised for the FP I'm looking for, it would nice to have the flexibility to join as either DPS or healer without having to take the time to reset skill points, distribute them all over again, replace the new skill abilities in their quickslots...
    WoW was not the first MMO. Respec costs have been in mmos forever.

TOR copied WoW?... and wow copied every other mmo that came before it... you can't really change a genre/archetype.

Furthermore... (and this cracks me up) you and your kin complain and chastise ToR for "copying wow" but then you want ToR to implement all the features of WoW

/facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Not great that im gonna make another sith warrior so i could be a marauder :/

Deleted
    How much does regular respeccing even cost? I play an assassin dps so our pve and pvp talents are not different enough for me to bother, but I have over 10 million credits without trying to it'd have to be a hell of a lot for it to matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW6000 View Post
    Not great that im gonna make another sith warrior so i could be a marauder :/
    What you are talking about is so completely NOT what this thread is about. Respecing talent trees =/= changing advanced class.

It's not ruining the game for me, but I wouldn't mind to have a couple of specs I could switch to with a button. I find no reason for dual specs not to be added at some point but I can live without it I suppose.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

One complaint I have is that as a tank, I would love to have a DPS spec. They're pretty much 2 encounters in 8 man EV that require 2 tanks, the other 3 require only one. This means that its a good idea (or at least thats how my guild has been doing it) to have 2 tanks w/ us. Generally the tank w/ more HP is the maintank, and if I'm not a maintank, I'm pretty much useless (my dps subpar vs a real DPS spec).

As the post below you stated WoW copied other mmo's with respec cost. But the point alot of people who complain about respec costs forget is the genre they are playing. RPG.

In RPG games its all about building your character and customizing that character into what you want out of it in the choices that are given. These characters all have pros' and cons' when you build them. You usually cant choose everything. Some of these RPG games allow you to unlearn things and relearn others but at a cost, Usually some long questline, finding a special item, or paying gold.

This isnt some new concept that WoW thought up and ToR copied its been around and its in alot of RPG's. Alot of RPGs dont even let you change your build. I played Mass effect 1 and 2 and each time i put a point in a skill it was permanent and those skills all meant something. Nowadays ppl are just changing specs left and right and specs have lost meaning, playstyles have lost meaning.

Nope, doesn't effect my gameplay at all. It would be nice, sure. But I am not going to cry over it.

I'm a jedi seer, and I have no problems getting through the soloable content. Use the proper companion for you given situation and you should be fine. No reason for respecing when you have a companion and you stick within the role you chose. As for warzones I'm sure if you stick to your "role" you should do fine. Though I do see BW adding a respec option though because majority will probably ask for it. On an ending note I like to concentrate on just one role for my toon so I can be the best I can instead of two roles and be half ass'd at both.

Deleted
    No problem for me.

Since the respec cost resets weekly, I have absolutely no issue staying for one week with my current spec.

I do think dual spec is definitely needed.. When you have both pvp and pve games (and pvp specific gear).. you pretty much need dual spec for pve or pvp content..

Personally I think dual spec is really the feature that made wow grouping easier.. and I wouldn't be surprised it's will make group in SWTOR easier too.. Also, the itemization between healer/dps/tank for a lot of classes are already pretty close anyway.. So I see no harm of putting dual spec in.

No, they should make respecin al lot more cheaper, atleast for now.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyshine View Post
    You have no problems with inconvenience? Cool come farm some money for me.
    So what you're saying is that you don't want to have to work for this minor inconvenience? Did you think you were playing WoW?

I believe Bioware said they would consider and/or add duel-spec's later in the game. Right now I'd personally rather they just work on bugs and balance first. Unlike some people I can handle a minor inconvenience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infighter View Post
    I don't think people in here are understanding my issue.

I'm currently torn into deciding if I want to PvE or PvP, because if I want to do both I will go broke much before the cost resets. Yes, money come easy in this game, but they don't come infinitely. I can't keep respeccing and respeccing because there is currently no cap on the respec costs. I wouldn't mind doing it if there was one. it's 100k now, but who knows how much it will become tomorrow? Gold sinks only work if you can afford it, and I soon will be unable to.

As I said, I'm reaching a point where I have to decide what to do between PvPing or PvEing... if I stick to PvP, my guild loses a healer and I won't be able to see the PvE content; if I stick to PvE, I pretty much lose one of the reasons I'm keeping my sub running and I could just log the evening to do my daily flashpoint and log off for the rest of the day.

It's pretty gamebreaking to me and hardly a minor incovenience.
    Well, I have to say do what you like the most, and your friends should understand your decision then.

But, you could also make a new [Whatever class you're playing], and go light instead of dark, vice verca. This way you see your story line from a new perspective, and have both a character to PvP with, and one to PvE with

And if your mates needs a healer that badly, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you through some of the heroic quests too, for a bit faster lvling

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    WoW was not the first MMO. Respec costs have been in mmos forever.

TOR copied WoW?... and wow copied every other mmo that came before it... you can't really change a genre/archetype.

Furthermore... (and this cracks me up) you and your kin complain and chastise ToR for "copying wow" but then you want ToR to implement all the features of WoW

/facepalm

i totaly agree with ya.people asking for dual spec or LFG/LFR should go back to wow and stay there.you guys made enough damage to the Wow community,so dont try to make the same crap in Swtor.

I'd like to have it, but no, it's not ruining gameplay for me.