Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take jug but remember that, you need Malavai Quinn companion on your back all the way to 50. Slower killing but wont die unexpected.
    This is not true. I used vette for a while after i got quinn, simply because i didnt need the healing to do my quests, i would end most fights over 70% health without using any cooldowns, i did use quinn to heal me and a BH friend during some heroic quests, we killed fast enough so the small heals didnt matter because mobs died fast enough. Once i got Jaesa, i used her all the way to 45, we simply killed everything faster than i ran out of cooldowns, even groups with 2-3 strong mobs. At 45 i switched to quinn because i was using all 3 cooldowns against elite mobs (gold icon), while with quinn i didnt have to use any of them, but killed much slower (at least half the speed).
    Also keep in mind that my sith warrior is an artifice, so he always had up-to-date hilts and armoring for himself and jaesa.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2012-01-27 at 11:46 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    This is not true. I used vette for a while after i got quinn, simply because i didnt need the healing to do my quests, i would end most fights over 70% health without using any cooldowns, i did use quinn to heal me and a BH friend during some heroic quests, we killed fast enough so the small heals didnt matter because mobs died fast enough. Once i got Jaesa, i used her all the way to 45, we simply killed everything faster than i ran out of cooldowns, even groups with 2-3 strong mobs. At 45 i switched to quinn because i was using all 3 cooldowns against elite mobs (gold icon), while with quinn i didnt have to use any of them, but killed much slower (at least half the speed).
    You probably true, i just stick to Quinn, it is safer way of doing stuff. When you stick on some patrol or respawn you may by in trouble. And you dont need to charge you hp every lot, and you dont need to w8 for you shields to be availaible again. You are pretty much full health all the time and just walk with destruction. You need to pick up your way, how you wanna play.

The fact that you have to pick Quinn if you don't want to spam cooldowns and have downtime, pisses me off to no end. I've actually stopped playing my Jugg because of that. I only PvP with him now.

I. Hate. Quinn.

But that's just me...

I'm not sure how many jugg use but one thing to bear in mind for marauder is the sheer amount of keybinds you will need to have and get used to if you plan on doing anything serious (NM raiding as an example)

As Annihilation you have 2 builders, in ST prio you have 5 spenders, 1 rage dump and 1 high damage used on fights without champion mobs, 2 for aoe, 1 interrupt, 1 charge, 4 damage reduction CD's 1 of which also an agro dump, 1 fury builder, 3 fury spenders, 1 medpack, 1 buff (in most circumstances this will be optional, but it's still much easier for it to be bound to be able to rebuff straight away with minimal lost) 2 trinkets (You wont always have 2 use trinkets) and 1 adrenal 1 CC break, 1 boss damage CD

So in summary, 25 - 28 binds you will need to use in combat, of course if you aren't planning on playing the game very seriously, you can cut the non essential ones out, but you will still be left with high teens if you don't want to be clicking things mid-fight.
    Last edited by Zurai; 2012-01-27 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurai View Post
    I'm not sure how many jugg use but one thing to bear in mind for marauder is the sheer amount of keybinds you will need to have and get used to if you plan on doing anything serious (NM raiding as an example)

As Annihilation you have 2 builders, in ST prio you have 5 spenders, 1 rage dump and 1 high damage used on fights without champion mobs, 2 for aoe, 1 interrupt, 1 charge, 4 damage reduction CD's 1 of which also an agro dump, 1 fury builder, 3 fury spenders, 1 medpack, 1 buff (in most circumstances this will be optional, but it's still much easier for it to be bound to be able to rebuff straight away with minimal lost) 2 trinkets (You wont always have 2 use trinkets) and 1 adrenal 1 CC break, 1 boss damage CD

So in summary, 25 - 28 binds you will need to use in combat, of course if you aren't planning on playing the game very seriously, you can cut the non essential ones out, but you will still be left with high teens if you don't want to be clicking things mid-fight.
    As tank i need at least 10 keybinds which i use regularly. I ddint count medpack which i use from backpack in emergency. I didnt count trinkets which i dont use yet. I have some abilities on optional bar which i mouse click once on fight like sauberthrow, or guard or forgot the name, it clean your shield dc and heal you a bit. I dont use any slowmo ability during pve, so it cut at least 3 abilities.
    Anyway it is not as easy, when you step in serious shit, when you need to move, taunt a bit, and im not using mouse, just touchpad on my laptop so, my moving ability is not so fancy, you just need to know how to use touchpad very well.

Deleted
    In terms of Keybinding. I'm lucky enough to have a razor naga so I usually have my attacking abilities bound from 1-12 on the keypad on the naga (which is bound to my Numpad) and then put CD's on 1-=

I totally reccomend using a naga (or similar type of mouse) because using it for gaming has completely changed my experience with MMO's in particular. At least for those who aim to go into more serious gaming with raiding, or pvp. I used to play on a laptop touchpad without a mouse, now I can't go back to my laptop at all. I don't even know how I used to play liek that. Trying it now, feels so terribly awkward.

Enough about mouses though. From reading your post Zurai it does seem like Sith warr gets a lot of abilities! I kind of like that though, having more to pick from and deciding what it best for the situation you are in.

Also just want to mention now, this thread has been really helpful. I'm really glad that it didn't just turn into a flame fest with people saying "OMG OP U R NOOB" Thanks to all who have replied, and I'm hoping it's proving to be as much help to others as it is for me. It's really interesting to see how others are looking at the advanced classes, especially because at the minute there are no damage boards to really see if one is doing better than the other etc etc.
    Last edited by mmocaad390b93a; 2012-01-27 at 12:37 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know alot of people have been saying that sith warriors are underpowered...........this is untrue. I have rolled both Jugga and Mara. Both are great. The people that are complaining are the ones who do not know how to play the class. Once you get dark saber on your Mara you will be rolling through trash. Those that say FP's take too long with Mara dps........YOU ARE NUTS....I ran through multiple FP's under 30 minutes......Learn the class and stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post
    The problem with Star Wars and DPS is that nobody can definitively prove one way or the other what class does more or less DPS. We simply don't have the tools (I.E. a Damage Parser) to find out.

From personal experience, I can say that I don't like having marauders in my group as a tanking Juggernaut, because I feel their damage is weak.

"But Thrage," you might say. "You just said nobody can --" Yes, yes, I know what I said. And sure, I could just be talking about a few marauders I've run with that have been, to quote Baron Deathmark, really, REALLY terrible. So this is purely anecdotal! Take it for what it is.

The flashpoints I do with Marauder DPS tend to take forever, and I'd much rather have a couple of snipers or a sorcerer. I believe Sith Warrior is a weak class overall, and needs some serious love in the damage department, for both sides of the class in question. I do NOT believe you will see higher DPS as a Marauder than you do as a Juggernaut; I think both are equally bad.

That said, I'm sure the class will be improved later, and you should probably just do Juggernaut if only to keep your options open if you do ever decide you'd like to tank.
    I play a Sith marauder / anni spec on Darth Sion. BT with a competent group takes 20-23mins to run, FE with a competent group takes 35mins to run, BI takes 35-38mins to run, last weekend my guild cleared both EV and KP - 10 bosses (normal) in just over 2.5hours; we ran with 2 marauders. I highly disagree with you that marauders have issues with dps. It's a class that takes a little more to play but they're just as competitive as any other class. We do have some slight issues with bleeds but we can do well.

OP, jugg is much more versatile than marauder so in that it's a better choice. However, if you're not wanting to tank, marauder is the way to go.