Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Episode 1 will actually look good in 3D.

Can't wait for Pod Racing in 3D :P

Nope. I didn't like it when I was 12 and last time I watched it I couldn't finish it. The 3 originals are obviously amazing and I think episode III makes a decent prequel. Episode I sucks. Episode II is long, slow paced and generally boring.

When given the option, I always go for no 3D. Why would I go watch a bad movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I like the prequels aswell, their lightsaber fights are far better than any of the 4-6 episodes. 1 and 2 were okay, but 3 is definatly my favorite. Darth Vader (Anakin) VS Obi-Wan was far better in episode 3 than 4. And the Yoda VS Palpatine fight was epic
    The fights have better choreography but they lack a certain tension the old ones had.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yes, i hope they are re-showing all of them. i only watched the movies when i was really young so i cant really remember them that well, so this seems like a nice chance to watch it
    unfortunately they have onlt done this one in 3-D depending on how this one goes depends on if they re-do the rest of them so if it fops then this will be the only 3-D star wars

10+ Year Old Account
    My parents just moved to St Augustine, FL and I'm thinking I'll be hitting up their local IMAX to see this in 3D. I am a huge movie person and I personally love all 6 Star Wars films, even if I like some far more than others. I honestly can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

jarjar in 3d... sigh...

Deleted
    Im 3D blind so no.
    Also i saw it on Cinema when it was first released aswell so wont realy miss anything.
    Last edited by mmoc53d469cddd; 2012-02-05 at 03:59 AM.

I always think that its awesome they re release these in theaters. Think of how many people will see it on the big screen for the first time.

Deleted
    The newer ones suck more than the original three. I wouldn't watch any of them, but least of all this one of later ones.

I'm gonna be bashed so hard for this but still, it's an opinion so I hope people will say "ok, I disagree but ok"

5-6-7 are so terrible that I can barely stand watching them. It was the case before 1-2-3 came out as well. I also don't like 1-2-3 as much either.

just the way they hold lightsabers in 5-6-7 as toothpicks and instead of attacking eachother they clash the glowing toothpicks in the air very gently and slowly towards each other. When I see that I ask myself:

WHere is the great `actorship` in this?? I mean how can you call yourself an actor if you can't even perform a fighting scene without sweating. There is 0 realism in 5-6-7 and that was the case even in 1993 when I first watched them (was barely a teenager back then).

5-6-7 has so terrible actorship, so terrible speech and so insanely ugly screenplay I can't believe people can sit down and watch them.

1-2-3 are shit as well but at least they have some decent action scenes

I like the universe and the story quite a lot though, on another note.

Well, it's now official my local theater is bringing it in as well as 3 other new movies. Still unsure if I'll go or not as people are talking about going to see Safe House and/or Journey 2.

Ironically, last week's $1 Chronicle wasn't shown locally nor is it being brought in this week but they keep Big Miracle which came in #5 I believe.

Shit movie in 3d = still shit.

I dont get why people QQ about Lucas. I personally don't like him messing with it but the fact is he made it, he can do whatever he wants.

Like any prequel, the characters are irrelevant and the story only offers context and history to where the "current" films either a) take place or b) introduce the main characters; not only did the Phantom Menace have an absolutely terrible story line, it didn't even have a main character. By this, I mean, a true protagonist; a character whom the audience can relate too and grow with to experience the story.

Go to this youtube review for a very, very insightful reading into why George Lucas has probably lost his mind, trashed the Star Wars saga by creating a CGI sexfest with the prequels, and quite possibly made one of the worst movies ever in his career; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

Even tho it's bad, I never got to see Episode I when it originally came out. So if my brother wants us to go and see it, I might.

why do people hate this movie so much?? or lucas ..?
    i loved all the starwars movies

For me its really cool seeing all that happened leading up to a new hope. You get to see soo much more of the galaxy and the republic, the jedi in their prime and how the Emperor was an evil genius to actually be able to plan everything out and take control of the galaxy.
    And Qui-Gon Jinn is my favorite jedi...
    Last edited by Myci; 2012-02-08 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    why do people hate this movie so much?? or lucas ..?
    i loved all the starwars movies

For me its really cool seeing all that happened leading up to a new hope. You get to see soo much more of the galaxy and the republic, the jedi in their prime and how the Emperor was an evil genius to actually be able to plan everything out and take control of the galaxy.
    And Qui-Gon Jinn is my favorite jedi...
    I completely agree! The story building up to the complete control from the Empire, and seeing how it all played out and how Palpatine was an evil mastermind capable of influencing the Trade Federation into attacking Naboo, starting his plans. It's really a great story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw it today, enjoyed it. Jar jar or not pod racing was cool as was dearth maul!
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

No. Despite having Liam Neeson and some badass fighting scenes with him, Obi Wan and Darth Maul, this is also my least favorite Star Wars movie, as the rest of it is suited for a four year old. The next two episodes were a half step up, IMO, but I still don't care enough to re-watch them in 3D for the admission price. I would watch the original 3, for sure, if those are actually going to be done, I'm not quite sure. But, if they do 4, 5, and 6, they are going to be much more profitable than these first 3.