Heroic Vagaries of Time

Hey, I was wondering how good Heroic Vagaries of Time was compared to the weapons from normal modes, such as:
    Visage of the Destroyer
    Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony
    Lightning Rod
    Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time
    Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind

Is it worth taking the Vagaries, or are any of these normal mode weapons better? This is for a Shadow Priest of course.

Deleted
    Entirely depends on the offhand TBH.

If you can get say, a 391+ offhand, then absolutely

The 397 staves are probably still a little better with the 378 offhands though, and it's definitely better than the dagger.
    Last edited by mmoc5ff2ee9b91; 2012-01-27 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Hey, I was wondering how good Heroic Vagaries of Time was compared to the weapons from normal modes, such as:
    Visage of the Destroyer
    Scalpel of Unrelenting Agony
    Lightning Rod
    Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time
    Rathrak, the Poisonous Mind

Is it worth taking the Vagaries, or are any of these normal mode weapons better? This is for a Shadow Priest of course.
    Vagaries has more int and more spellpower than any of the weapons you mentioned.

I have Heroic Vagaries, Heroic Scalpel, Rath'rak, and Lightning Rod. Out of all of those, I choose to use Heroic Vagaries with a +50 int gem because it's simply the best option. With that gem, it's 60 more int than Heroic Scalpel (therefore significantly better than normal Scalpel) on top of more haste too. Even if I pick up the Heroic Lightning Rod, I plan on sticking with Heroic Vagaries even though I'm still rocking a 391 OH (I'm a MH+OH fan). I considered whether Rath'rak might be better for AoE fights like Yor'sahj, but I don't find it worth it really. On my last H Yor'sahj kill with Rath'rak, it did 2.8% of my damage (457k over a 9 minute 25 sec fight). On a single target fight like H Ultraxion, it did 1.4% (138k over a 5 min 30 sec fight).

15+ Year Old Account
    Out of all those, it's the best, given you have a good off-hand.

Rathrak would come out ahead on an aoe fight.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

If you really wanted you could even swap on the aoe weap say when yorsahj calls oozes out and theres a black one, the ICD will be up by the time the adds are out. and then you can swap back for better stats after you kill them