Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Multi-dotting devouring plague bugged ?

Ok ,I come to a small pack, not worth searing so I decide to multidot etc , all going well , but plague seems only able to be kept up on one target at a time or am I going mad?

Pls excuse if this issue has been covered or if Im just dappy and am missing something.

Devouring Plague Level 85
    25% of base mana 40 yd range
    Instant
    Afflicts the target with a disease that causes 1088 Shadow damage over 24 sec. 15% of damage caused by the Devouring Plague heals the caster. This spell can only affect one target at a time.

missed the bolded part :P

Kinda silly, this spell has worked like this since wrath. Unless you're new to shadowpriesting, in which case, I understand the confusion. But also be aware that multidotting got hit by the nerf bat back in T11 when we used to poop on meters during that dragon handler boss.

Fun fact, back in Naxx in early wrath, even though DP was only able to be casted on 1 target, a DK with pestilence could spread it to all the mobs in a pack...and the damage on DP was tuned with the only one target thing in mind, it was serious damage, haha. I miss old times, coordinating with my DK buddies "WAIT on that pesti....ok hit it" BOOM NUMBERS

Deleted
    had a priest multi dotting in my DS run , we wiped caus of him lol

Deleted
    Hhahaha I remember the happy times with Shartarion 3D where DKs could spread our disease on all dragons and whelps. That was so OP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Can you be more spesific?

Deleted
    Yes, pray tell .

Other on LFR spine, the only way I can think of for this to occur is because he didn't focus on a focus target. But that's not class specific.

Deleted
    I did a small internal giggle when i've read the title

Anwser is given, so yea this post is useless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    Kinda silly, this spell has worked like this since wrath. Unless you're new to shadowpriesting, in which case, I understand the confusion. But also be aware that multidotting got hit by the nerf bat back in T11 when we used to poop on meters during that dragon handler boss.

Fun fact, back in Naxx in early wrath, even though DP was only able to be casted on 1 target, a DK with pestilence could spread it to all the mobs in a pack...and the damage on DP was tuned with the only one target thing in mind, it was serious damage, haha. I miss old times, coordinating with my DK buddies "WAIT on that pesti....ok hit it" BOOM NUMBERS

This must have been so much fun

It was pretty wonderful when DK's could spread DP for us...

Off-topic to this thread but I want to leave it open because I really hope Henkdejager comes back to tell us how a spriest managed to wipe the group in LFR due to multidotting... that's a new one on me.

Now you guys are making me miss early Wrath days.

What?
    Any shadow priest should multi-dot.

Don't understand how he nearly wiped you by doing what's norml..

He didn't say LFR.

Happens if you do Alextrasza 2nd and multi-dotting pushes the tentacle on Nozdormu's platform to 70 at a bad time (with corruption up, maybe during impale or bolt on 3rd platform). I've seen this happen before.
    In fairness, you can't blame the SP but everyone tunneling DPS that gets the arm below 70.
    Last edited by zakaluka; 2012-01-27 at 03:49 PM.

/ Sorry I have to sub to this trend.

would like to hear this also.

DoTs damage were actually nerfed during T12.

In T11 for a big chunk of time we were pretty low, then the overbuff to mastery, MB damage and the old 25% passive talent.That was reverted 3 day later with the 4.0.6b hotfix.

Damn, 113K MBs and 9% DI and mor ethen 20K DPS with 356 iLevel. I miss those 3 days of purest glory!

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    He didn't say LFR.

Happens if you do Alextrasza 2nd and multi-dotting pushes the tentacle on Nozdormu's platform to 70 at a bad time (with corruption up, maybe during impale or bolt on 3rd platform). I've seen this happen before.
    In fairness, you can't blame the SP but everyone tunneling DPS that gets the arm below 70.
    Don't forget warlocks that bane on the tentacles. That's the biggest source of the problem, from what I've seen.
    Having the stars align and all the scripts trigger at once is pretty hysterical, even if it is LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    DoTs damage were actually nerfed during T12.

In T11 for a big chunk of time we were pretty low, then the overbuff to mastery, MB damage and the old 25% passive talent.That was reverted 3 day later with the 4.0.6b hotfix.

Damn, 113K MBs and 9% DI and mor ethen 20K DPS with 356 iLevel. I miss those 3 days of purest glory!
    Yes that was pretty fun! ^^

And hmm wipeing because of multi dot? this is a new one to me^^

15+ Year Old Account
    In Naxx on spider trash I pulled 27k dps before I even had full naxx epics - an aoe number I didn't pass that entire expansion until like ICC when we had way way higher item level and 30% damage buff. It was shiny and pretty ^^ my computer is a beast but I dropped to like one frame rate even staring at the ground during that because of all the VE heals.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Hhahaha I remember the happy times with Shartarion 3D where DKs could spread our disease on all dragons and whelps. That was so OP!!
    That reminds me of the good old dancing rune weapon + pestilence glitch back then. Pestilence used to have no cooldown and do about 1k damage per target on its own. When you used it with dancing rune weapon, it would copy pestilence equal to the number of targets affected. Sarth was especially fun. Aoe burn phase comes up...BOOM! 120k dps. Of course, I would dc shortly after along with 5 to 10 others and we'd wipe....good times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah the good ol' days of DKs spreading Devouring Plague.<3

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests